BUN-BO FORUM RPG

Franny rolled her eyes, and looked at the sheet as he slathered on. The shouting unnerved her, but whatever.
Once she was filled in on her job with the paper, she thought than shrugged and filled it in...

RACE: Dog
CLASS: Thief
PERSONALITY: Clever, Deceitful
GOAL: Food

Not very creative, but who says a self-insert is bad?
(Roll 9. BTW, there are four players and 3 classes. What happens there?)
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Race: Squirrel

Class: Fighter

Personality: Strong, Insane

Goal: Getting the main Love Interest.

Roll: 8
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Filling out the character sheet, Janna scribbles onto the paper the following bits of information...

"Name: Lovela Dragonhart
Race: Mouse
Class: Wizard
Personality: Dedicated, scatter-brained
Goal: Defeat or subdue a notable threat with her arcane powers"

(EDIT: Ack, forgot the roll. 7 again)
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Sorry for the belated post, yet again.

Everybody
As soon as the last pencil stops moving, Terry Mysnax reaches across the table and snatches up all the Character Sheets. In his clutches is another sheet made for Baka Gaijin:

RACE: Badger
Class: Fighter
Personality: Curious, Panicky
Goal: Find Treasure

Almost immediately, once the Character Sheets are gathered, the table begins to glow. A strange sensation fills the room. As if gravity stopped working entirely. For some reason, the effect only affected Janna, Marla, Franny and Terry.

Then, in the blink of an eye, the group disappears into thin air! The basement air settles, and the table stops glowing. For several minutes, nothing happens. And then, Baka Gaijin wakes up.

THE END.

Bonus Plot Points:
+10 Plot Points to everyone for finishing!
+5 Plot Points to Janna for sticking through the status effects!

Great job, everyone!
This concludes Critical Fail! and this adventure. The next adventure will begin soon. A new cast of players will arrive shortly, as is the Bun-Bo RPG way! Stay tuned for future adventures!
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
Ooh, mysterious stuff. Can't help but recall the "Welcome to the D&D world!" voice clip from the first arcade game. :p But thanks for hosting, Dudesoft, was a blast~!
Dudesoft
A new realm is before you!

Enter the world, of...

This is somewhat different than normal Toon, as there will be money, mana, armour and other role-playing junk. Don't worry, though. It's still the same ol' cartoon fun beneath!
And, as always, these are stand-alone episodes. You don't need to do any back-reading!
Prepare thyself, heroes!

Starring...
Attila the Honey Badger / LockeZ Fighter Class

HP: 15 (-6)
Plot Points: 2
Lead Pieces: 80 LP
Status Effects: Tragic

Muscle: 6
Zip: 2
Smarts: 3
Chutzpah: 4

Racial Bonus: Any time Boggled they become Maximum Boggled (3 Turns Boggled).
Class Feature: Magic items (except weapons) are +3 when used. All metal armour types give Fighters +1 to all Sneak rolls. Metal armour also adds 3 damage from electrical, magnetic, or flame attacks.
Description: A muscle-bound Honey Badger Fighter, who is both clever and deceitful.
Goal: To eat! It doesn't matter what. Nothing can quell the hunger.

Muscle Skills:
Break Down Door 9
Climb 7
Fight 9
Pick Up Heavy Thing 9
Throw 7

Zip Skills:
Dodge 4
Drive Vehicle 2
Fire Gun 2
Jump 2
Ride 5
Run 9
Swim 2

Smarts Skills:
Hide/Spot Hidden 3
Identify Dangerous Thing 3
Read 3
Resist Fast-Talk 3
See/Hear/Smell 6
Set/Disarm Trap 9
Track/Cover Tracks 3

Chutzpah Skills:
Fast-Talk 4
Pass/Detect Shoddy Goods 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Sneak 4

Shticks:
Devour: 5 - Eat someone whole, in one giant bite. They can escape with a Disarm Trap or Break Down Door roll, otherwise get burped up eventually and take 1d6 Damage! This can be used to carry someone, but the same damage applies.

Inventory:
- Catapult (1d6+X Damage, Fire Gun skill-based. X is determined by ammunition.)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Natural Enemies:
Moles, Porcupines, and Poisonous Animals (not that he gives a heck!).

Chakes Pierre / MrChears Wizard Class

HP: 7
MP: 12
Lead Pieces: 30 LP
Status Effects: N/A

Muscle: 3
Zip: 4
Smarts: 6
Chutzpah: 5

Racial Bonus: Any time Boggled they become Maximum Boggled (3 Turns Boggled).
Class Features: Use any magic items except weapons and metal armour. Weapons are limited to knives, clubs (also known as a staff) and water balloons. Can wear leather or cloth armour.
Description: A slightly overweight Badger wizard, dressed like a poet. He is both strong-willed and completely insane.
Goal: Victory, or death! Though, victory is better...

Muscle Skills:
Break Down Door 2
Climb 6
Fight 4
Pick Up Heavy Thing 2
Throw 9

Zip Skills:
Dodge 5
Drive Vehicle 6
Fire Gun 3
Jump 3
Ride 3
Run 7
Swim 3

Smarts Skills:
Hide/Spot Hidden 8
Identify Dangerous Thing 8
Read 8
Resist Fast-Talk 9
See/Hear/Smell 7
Set/Disarm Trap 7
Track/Cover Tracks 8

Chutzpah Skills:
Fast-Talk 8
Pass/Detect Shoddy Goods 9
Sleight of Hand 6
Sneak 5

Schticks:
Tragedy: 5 - Causes the Target to gain the Tragic status effect. Not only does the Target add +3 to all rolls, but the Animator will also go out of his way to torture the Target. Lasts 1d6 Turns.

Magical Schticks:
-

Inventory:
- Feather
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Natural Enemies:
Moles, Critics, and Writer's Block

Rick O'Shea / Hexatona Thief Class

HP: 11 (-4)
Lead Pieces: 60 LP

Muscle: 3
Zip: 3
Smarts: 4

Class Features: Only wear leather or magically-silenced armour. Weapons are limited to knives, shortswords, whips and seltzer bottles. +2 to Longbows!
There is a 75% chance that the law is looking for you!
Description: A squirrel thief, who is both clever and a homicidal maniac.
Goal: Treasure!

Muscle Skills:
Break Down Door 3
Climb 9
Fight 9
Pick Up Heavy Thing 3
Throw 5

Zip Skills:
Dodge 5
Drive Vehicle 5
Fire Gun 6
Jump 7
Ride 5
Run 6
Swim 5

Smarts Skills:
Hide/Spot Hidden 7
Identify Dangerous Thing 5
Read 5
Resist Fast-Talk 5
See/Hear/Smell 7
Set/Disarm Trap 7
Track/Cover Tracks 7

Chutzpah Skills:
Fast-Talk 6
Sleight of Hand 9
Sneak 9

Shticks:
Lockpick - 6 Using whatever blunt object may be handy (including one's own head), the user begins to break the lock. The best way to break into a place--- is to BREAK into it!
Maximum Boggle: 8 - Only works when attacking from behind! Causes Target to remain Boggled for 3 Turns instead of 1!
Bag of Many Things: 5 - If the roll is successful, anything you want is inside the bag, except special story items, keys, or other meta-nonsense.
-
-
-
-

Inventory:
- Utility Knife (with a Frying Pan inside)
- Can of Tar
-
-
-
-
-
-

Natural Enemies:
Porcs, Mimics, and Shopkeepers.

Hameln / Shinan Thief Class

HP: 12 (-7)
Plot Points: 1
Lead Pieces: 50 LP

Muscle: 2
Zip: 6
Smarts: 4

Racial Bonuses: -1 to learn new spells. (Not that a Thief can, anyway!)
Class Features: If successfully sneak up on monsters from behind; do Maximum Boggle. Only wear leather or magically-silenced armour. Weapons are limited to knives, shortswords, whips and seltzer bottles.
There is a 75% chance that the law is looking for you!
Description: A nervous-looking, starved mouse who is both strong-headed and panicky.
Goal: To eat! Food is the most precious of goals.

Muscle Skills:
Break Down Door 2
Climb 2
Fight 2
Pick Up Heavy Thing 2
Throw 6

Zip Skills:
Dodge 9
Drive Vehicle 6
Fire Gun 8
Jump 6
Ride 6
Run 8
Swim 9

Smarts Skills:
Hide/Spot Hidden 7
Identify Dangerous Thing 5
Read 9
Resist Fast-Talk 5
See/Hear/Smell 9
Set/Disarm Trap 9
Track/Cover Tracks 9

Chutzpah Skills:
Fast-Talk 6
Pass/Detect Shoddy Goods 6
Sleight of Hand 9
Sneak 9

Shticks:
Vanish - Can disappear entirely. A Smell roll can detect the user; as could anything the user walks through.
Maximum Boggle: 8 - Only works when attacking from behind! Causes Target to remain Boggled for 3 Turns instead of 1!
Bag of Many Things: 5 - If the roll is successful, anything you want is inside the bag, except special story items, keys, or other meta-nonsense.
-
-
-
-

Inventory:
- Needle
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Natural Enemies:
Cats, Mousetraps with Cheese, and Giants.

The four of you find yourselves in a grassy meadow. Each of you knows the other, but you do not remember how. Nor do you remember how you got there. The day is crisp and young. The early morning air bites your skin. Everyone is hungry and tired. As if you had just travelled a great distance.
There is a sign nearby, next to a road.
There is a large tree with some wild apples growing.
There is a strange-looking individual sleeping on the road.
There are mountains in the distance.

What doth thou do?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I blink and look around. I crick my neck one direction, then the other, and say, "What in tarnation...? Anyone know where we are? Or... who we are?" I think for a minute. "Wait, no. I do know who you people are. Weird." Then I break off an entire branch of apples from the tree, and eat it, branch and all.

Then I go over to the sleeping guy, and kick him. "Not you though. Get up."

Roll: 12
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
"WAIT, YOU OAF!" I stage whisper, and run over to the sleeping guy and check him for valuables.

I look around worried. "We are quite exposed out here aren't we, friends?" I say as I try to find somewhere to remain unseen and vigilant against any dangers.

-Thou bunch of poisonous bunch-back'd toads, I lost my skull... hope thou have not stolen't. Oooh poor soul of mine, to be conformed with a wild apple I shall be.- (Hope that by the end of the game I get the hang of how to speak like this)

I try to take an apple.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
(It's funnier if it's completely wrong. The word "stolen't" is incredible.)
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
(I wonder if a rock is going to land on shinan)
(Rocks fall, everyone dies...)
Dudesoft
Attila the Honey Badger / LockeZ Fighter Class

HP: 15 (-6)
Lead Pieces: 80 LP

Shticks:
Devour: 5 - Eat someone whole, in one giant bite. They can escape with a Disarm Trap or Break Down Door roll, otherwise get burped up eventually and take 1d6 Damage! This can be used to carry someone, but the same damage applies.

Inventory:
- Catapult (1d6+X Damage, Fire Gun skill-based. X is determined by ammunition.)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Chakes Pierre / MrChears Wizard Class

HP: 7
MP: 12
Lead Pieces: 30 LP

Schticks:
Tragedy: 5 - Causes the Target to gain the Tragic status effect. Not only does the Target add +3 to all rolls, but the Animator will also go out of his way to torture the Target. Lasts 1d6 Turns.

Magical Schticks:
-

Inventory:
- Feather
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Rick O'Shea / Hexatona Thief Class

HP: 11 (-4)
Lead Pieces: 60 LP

Chutzpah Skills:
Fast-Talk 6
Sleight of Hand 9
Sneak 9

Shticks:
Lockpick - 6 Using whatever blunt object may be handy (including one's own head), the user begins to break the lock. The best way to break into a place--- is to BREAK into it!
-
-
-
-

Inventory:
- Utility Knife (with a Frying Pan inside)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Hameln / Shinan Thief Class

HP: 12 (-3)
Lead Pieces: 50 LP

Shticks:
Vanish - Can disappear entirely. A Smell roll can detect the user; as could anything the user walks through.
-
-
-
-

Inventory:
- Needle
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Attila the Honey Badger / LockeZ and Rick O'Shea / Hexatona
Attila easily snatches a branch full of ripe apples from the tree and proceeds to devour them. Idly occupied with the objective of eating, Attila isn't paying much attention to the next act of kicking a sleeping person.

Quick to notice potentially squandered treasure, Rick O'Shea races to gather the loot!

"WAIT, YOU OAF!"

Too busy nibbling on his lunch, Attila boots Rick instead of the snoozing stranger.

BOOT!!!

Rick finds himself nearing orbit of the planet. A great vantage point to notice a town down the road!

Down below, Attila crunches through his meal none-the-wiser to what just happened.

Until...

+2 Plot Points for LockeZ and Hexatona!
-4 Damage to Rick O'Shea!
-6 Damage to Attila!

++++++++++++++++++

Chakes Pierre / MrChears and Hameln / Shinan
Eager for a nice snack, Chakes approaches the nearby tree. Hameln lingers nearby, quivering in anticipation of danger...

Just as Chakes tries to grab a nice plump apple, it drops off the branch!

Down below...

+1 Plot Points to Chears and Shinan!
-3 Damage to Hameln!
Chakes Pierre
Alas! D'apple has falleth. Is it destiny whom is calling me? Or ish it SCIENCE! Or perhabs... it is thou sleeping cousin! You poor, base, rascally, cheating lack-linen mate! Wherefore hav thou injured mine tiny thief!?

I shake the sleeping man

LockeZ
"Oops. Hey. You. Uh, Rick. And also... small accordion man. ...Hameln, right? Pick yourselves up."

I stop as I realize my legs are actually very tired.

"Hmm. My feet are sore. Annoying. Something weird has happened. I don't remember how I got here. Where are we? And who is this person?"

What does the sleeping person look like? Also, I want to search around and see if I can find our own footprints, to see how we got here, and from which direction, and whether it looks like this fifth person came with us.

"Chakes you should shake the sleeping man, we should first tie him down in case he wakes up angry!"

I rummage in my bag looking for rope.

LockeZ
In which Dudesoft gives one specific character the info we need to move forward, and that character's player just goes three entire days without posting anything.
I feel like once a week is the posting frequency I'm comfortable with.