[RMVX ACE] NEED TO KNOW VARIABLE NAMES

Pages: 1
Hi, I need to know some variable names to use in conditional checks. For example $game_player.x is the player's X position on the map. Is there a variable for "last item used" or "last spell cast"? It looked like there was one in the script, but i dunno what the exact variable name is that can be used in the conditional branch.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'd have to double-check, but, I don't think it keeps track of that?

*Edit: I think both situations would ultimately use the Scene_ItemBase.item function. That function gets the currently selected item, so, the logic in my head is that it would keep track of what was actually selected.

Except that the function in question would have no context outside of Scene_ItemBase. So, the thought in my head is that you use a game-variable to store what item/skill was used last like thus...

class Scene_Item < Scene_ItemBase
  def item
    @item_window.item
    if @item_window.item != nil
      $game_variables[1] = @item_window.item
    end
  end
end

class Scene_Skill < Scene_ItemBase
  def item
    @item_window.item
    if @item_window.item != nil
      $game_variables[2] = @item_window.item
    end
  end
end

So, in this example, $game_variables[1].id should return the ID of the item that was used last. Likewise, $game_variables[2].id should return the ID of the skill that was used last. Please note this only works for the player's end of the equation, and would not include enemies!

*Edit2: Or... actually maybe it wouldn't work like that. It would return the ID of the skill (or item) that was last selected. Players don't necessarily have to use it. So.... maybe...

class Scene_Item < Scene_ItemBase
  def use_item
    super
    $game_variables[1] = item
    @item_window.redraw_current_item
  end
end

class Scene_Skill < Scene_ItemBase
  def use_item
    super
    $game_variables[2] = item
    @status_window.refresh
    @item_window.refresh
  end
end

...that?

*Edit3: Yep. I think that would do it.
I dont have access to script editing... is there an existing variable that contains this information?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Not that I can see. Sorry I can't be of more help!
I found it. The conditional check is:

$game_actors[].last_skill.object==$data_skills[]

This will let me funnel all skills into a single common event... delicious
Pages: 1