[MAFIA] THE EXORCISM OF MAFIAVILLE (GAME OVER)

Cap's aggressive (and sometimes nitpicky) behavior is pretty typical of town cap and I'm like, 100% confident that this is town cap. What's more he investigated as many options as possible and seems to have a desire to help town.

Cave's lying on day 1 is also typical of him as town and lo and behold... XD I think his mason incident was mostly him being drunk though. He was actively scumhunting afterward and was willing to admit that we were probably making a mistake with Libby which seems very genuine to me.

I'm obvious. XD

oddrabbit is my town lean because he didn't vote. I feel that if he were mafia then he would've at least bandwagoned on Libby since it was pretty low risk and his scum mates liekly would've urged him to do so.

dudes didn't want to play cave's game XD Honestly don't have much reason for this, but I just feel it's right? Probably should be in ??? but whatever!
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
Hmm looks like Cave and I were right about some sort of possession mechanic being in play. Also how annoyingly fitting that DEMONlord was possessed.
author=psy_wombats
Now someone please hammer Liberty before we no-lynch. I didn't have much confidence early in the day but this seems way harder to do than it should be to kill a town.

This rubbed me the wrong way. Like, I get it, but it seems like something cheeky a mafia member would say making fun of town for being too indecisive. Also, psy was on Libby's case all day and that was the easiest target scum could've picked.
oops skipped ebeth in my town lean post but, it's pretty mcuh just how cooperative they were that made them seem innocent. Like dudes, should probably be in my ??? list but whatever!

author=Ebeth
Also how annoyingly fitting that DEMONlord was possessed.

It was fate~
Ebeth
Still don't like Caves ... whatever that was with Libby. However given that he later said it was probably going to be a mislynch makes me think that it was just a bad hunch of his coupled with getting smashed and that he's probably town (rather than the whole event being a bussing.

Gourd and Cap are my town leans right now. Psy seems pretty town as well.

I don't have great reads on Ozzy and Odd mostly because they've barely posted anything of substance which is a classic scum lurk tactic. I still dislike Ozzys random vote wheel as well.

Right now my strongest scum lean is Shinan for his lack of posting and random vote on Gourd. Also for this nonsense.

author=Shinan
I don't understand the obsession with the hammer when I feel it's pretty clear that whoever has the most votes at the end of the day dies. The hammer is just a way to end the day a bit early.

If we didn't have a hammer someone with only two votes on them could be lynched! Hammer forces discussion and cooperation and makes it easier for town to judge people based on their voting patterns since it usually forces at least one scum member to vote.
Ebeth
Psy's wording there was weird but I think he meant that if Liberty was town that scum would have already bandwagoned and the fact that she hadn't been hammered made him think she was scum and the partner wasn't voting.
Ebeth
Also forgot to mention but I'm at a convention so I might be slightly less active for the next day period but I'll do my best to check in on my phone whenever I can!
@Ebeth: Yeah I meant there had been enough vote changes from people voting against Liberty from the time the first vote was cast that made it seem like certain people (odd, dudesoft, ozzy, you) would never actually vote against her -- which was disproved when two people immediately showed up to hammer.

@Shinan: Unless we reach a majority of votes, no one actually dies.

Anyway, re:demonlord, that's really strange. piano promised that this setup wasn't multiball so it's unlikely that there's some sort of possession-based faction in addition to scum, so it's possible that POSSESSED just indicates scum is the demons and they killed him. In which case I'm not sure why he was targeted. I know scum-CAVE targets lurkers but he wasn't exactly lurking. Rereading his posts, he might've actually been nightkill-submitting scum getting vig'd as he doesn't look too great playing safe and then one wagonvote on Liberty. Also possible he was some serialkiller equivalent?

Dudesoft I think is probably town. That was a weird-looking hammer for scum. cap is also probably town yeah.

I don't think odd not voting makes him town. If dudesoft and Ebeth were willing to hammer, no need for scum to get dirty. I'll get a better handle on stuff when CAVE and Ozzy show up.
author=Ebeth
Psy's wording there was weird but I think he meant that if Liberty was town that scum would have already bandwagoned and the fact that she hadn't been hammered made him think she was scum and the partner wasn't voting.

Hm, didn't consider that...

As for shinan, I was more irked earlier when he still considered killing a townie a good thing if they didn't have a power role... which was after we had already lost 3 townies. Like geez. >.<
author=psy_wombats
I don't think odd not voting makes him town. If dudesoft and Ebeth were willing to hammer, no need for scum to get dirty. I'll get a better handle on stuff when CAVE and Ozzy show up.

I don't think odd was around anymore at this point.

I read that as demon being scum tbh? In the OP it says "deceased possessed" like it says "deceased town" so it seems like it iseither scum or its own faction.
er, then again, I guess it could be what killed them also! That seems more likely now that I'm looking at it.
If that was his cause of death then it seems weird he was /only/ listed as possessed, rather than possessed vanilla. The flavor though doesn't make it sound like he got vig'd.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Hm, does this mean that wolves hunted their own? Could he be some kind of sleeper or cultist? Good for us I guess. The other option is a kp/protective or redirector on our side.

I find that we need to decide between Cave and Psy. I find Ebeth quite towny, but given the last comment from Psy yesterday and her town lean on psy today, it looks like a possible connection.
Cave posted a lot in this game and I feel that his style is more informative than usual. It feels almost schizophrenic as it switches between crazy and rational. I'm quite afraid of that. Also, the way he switched to Psy and then returned back to Liberty, while reading her town was sketchy at least.
I find that Psy gave us more possible spew than Cave and most of his activity can be called as coasting. The only theory which speaks in his favour is that Cave could see his liberty case as too strong and was trying to prepare d2 lynch.

I'm slightly in favour of voting psy right now. I think that the way his comments mention multiple people are good way to make vague reads of your partners, removing them from spotlight
Psy, why was Dudesoft's hammering vote towny? Can you imagine any pack without Cave?
Good point about odd and a weak reason from Gourd. Wolves are usually trying to avoid being stacked on one town wagon.
Shinan sticking with his rvs vote looks quite bad for that too. I would like to hear an explanation from him.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=psy_wombats
If that was his cause of death then it seems weird he was /only/ listed as possessed, rather than possessed vanilla. The flavor though doesn't make it sound like he got vig'd.

It's not supposed to.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Only 10 players left, how many scum players do we suspect?

Also, there was no nightkill, which can mean two things, either there's a protector that protected the right person OR scum does not kill in the night but in broad daylight.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
If scum does indeed kill during day phase than that would lead back to piano's comment about the game setup not being regular.

I do have to point out that CAVE's initial joking about being possessed and mentioning that there might be some kind of possession mechanic strikes me as very suspicious, it could just be a coincidence but I find that to be very unlikely.
author=Cap_H
Good point about odd and a weak reason from Gourd. Wolves are usually trying to avoid being stacked on one town wagon.

Not on day 1.
author=psy_wombats

I know >.< It's weird for sure. I kinda doubt cap's idea that mafia is cannabalizing somehow, but I guess it's possible.
author=Cap_H
author=psy_wombats
It's not supposed to.

How do you know?
author=OzzyTheOne
Only 10 players left, how many scum players do we suspect?

Also, there was no nightkill, which can mean two things, either there's a protector that protected the right person OR scum does not kill in the night but in broad daylight.

What makes you think that?

@Cap: Yeah I don't think CAVE looks especially scummy. He could've been left alive to persecute me today, for instance. Also I think his style was schizophrenic because he was literally drunk. Dudesoft's vote was townish because scum would've been very self-conscious about slipping in during the last 30 minutes of the day to deliver the hammer after being absent for 24 hours. I would've expected a lot more detailed waffling analysis to accompany the vote.

re:flavor, yeah I understand it's not meant to convey game mechanics, but imagine a post that was just:
demonlord5000 is dead. He wasPOSSESSED.
That one definitely sounds like his role was "possessed" and he died by a nightkill from someone (vig?), vs the current flavor that makes it sound like possession literally killed him which I wouldn't otherwise consider.
whoops -
demonlord5000 is dead. He was POSSESSED.

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
@psy Demonlord was delared dead in the flavor for day one's lynch. After that flavour piano said that night phase started. And the night phase took a few hours. Is there anyone dead at the start of day 2? No. So either scum kills during day phase or there's a portector in the game who managed to save scum's target this night. Or the person that scum targeted was immune to nightkills?