[MAFIA] THE EXORCISM OF MAFIAVILLE (GAME OVER)

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Ohhhh, so demonlord's role is actually called POSSESSED.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=OzzyTheOne
I do have to point out that CAVE's initial joking about being possessed and mentioning that there might be some kind of possession mechanic strikes me as very suspicious, it could just be a coincidence but I find that to be very unlikely.

the game literally has exorcism in the title dude. lol

Cave posted a lot in this game and I feel that his style is more informative than usual. It feels almost schizophrenic as it switches between crazy and rational. I'm quite afraid of that. Also, the way he switched to Psy and then returned back to Liberty, while reading her town was sketchy at least.
I find that Psy gave us more possible spew than Cave and most of his activity can be called as coasting. The only theory which speaks in his favour is that Cave could see his liberty case as too strong and was trying to prepare d2 lynch.

almost as if I was POSSESSED!!!!!!!!!!

that said while I townread you pretty hard early on your paranoia is making me wary. can you explain this post more because I don't understand it. my questions:

Why is switching to someone else and then switching back because you mistakenly believe we need to hammer someone to lynch, sketchy?
What do you mean by seeing that my case was TOO strong?
Why is it between psy and I? You have no other suspicions now or what?
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=OzzyTheOne
I do have to point out that CAVE's initial joking about being possessed and mentioning that there might be some kind of possession mechanic strikes me as very suspicious, it could just be a coincidence but I find that to be very unlikely.
the game literally has exorcism in the title dude. lol

Beat me to it but yeah, it's called the exorcism of mafiaville it's not a far leap
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
anyone else worried that the scum might be mainly lurkers

not sure what happened with the nightkill yet. I didn't really peg demonlord as scum.
If he was scum, why was there no nightkill? Usually a nightvig and a scum kill would be resolved simultaneously. it's up to moderator discretion of course, but also, no one has claimed to have vigged him.
The "possessed" thing would imply that, you know, something (NOT pazuzu) was possessing him. I'm actually leaning towards this NOT being his original role.

1. If he was scum and got vigged, where's the vig claim
2. Piano and jeroen thought that the balance of this game wouldn't be affected by having three vanilla town players modkilled d1. that is...EXTREMELY bizarre if this is a standard setup. It's not NEARLY as weird if the scum's power is to, you know, "turn" people, but only in a limited capacity or something. unfortunately this also would make standard scumhunting impossible.

we don't really have enough info now to do anything but scumhunt regularly though.

oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
While I am saying this just to clarify, it likely won't help me at all. My general habit for pretty much all games is to not vote until late game, or at all. There are rare exceptions to this, but... this wasn't one of them.
Ebeth
Also Ozzy playing randomly is Caves signature style.
author=OzzyTheOne
@psy Demonlord was delared dead in the flavor for day one's lynch. After that flavour piano said that night phase started. And the night phase took a few hours. Is there anyone dead at the start of day 2? No. So either scum kills during day phase or there's a portector in the game who managed to save scum's target this night. Or the person that scum targeted was immune to nightkills?

I slept through all of piano's posts and completely missed this. In that case I have no idea what's going on. I guess it's *possible* that someone had a dayphase vig power and it's *possible* scum's kill was blocked but demon seems like a pretty random choice for either side to make.
@Cave: It's possible the vig is multishot and still alive so that claiming would compromise them. But they would've have to have submitted during the day which is ???
Crackpot theory: there's only one "demon" to kill and we have to lynch it. Otherwise it kills whoever it possessed and that person chooses the next incarnation during the night phase. I do remember piano saying he had taken some inspiration from the SMT game.
Ebeth
Given that according to the flavour it sounds like Demon self destructed??? Which makes me think it's flavour rather than a role since a role that required self destruction wouldn't be much fun but maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way?

Odd please tell us your top 3 scum leans.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
wait what. demonlord died during the night, was my interpretation. like, piano put that counter up for nightphase first, and then demonlord's flip was more than 12 hours later, long after liberty's. it's just that day 2 didn't start immediately after the flip for some reason, which was probably, no reason at all.

also I forgot to state again that yeah, if that's the vig kill, where is the scum kill? The scum carrying it out being killed wouldn't normally negate their kill, so if someone wants to admit to roleblocking someone else....

but for now i'm inclined to believe that demonlord was targeted by scum somehow

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=psy_wombats
I do remember piano saying he had taken some inspiration from the SMT game.

oh if this is true then he's given away the plot and that's definitely what is happening
Ebeth
author=psy_wombats
Crackpot theory: there's only one "demon" to kill and we have to lynch it. Otherwise it kills whoever it possessed and that person chooses the next incarnation during the night phase. I do remember piano saying he had taken some inspiration from the SMT game.

That was my initial guess at the beginning of the game but the self destruction seems weird so I figured I was wrong.

author=Ebeth
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
hey everyone. not possessed with demons, here. anyone uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh know what's going on in this game. feel free to give all of the info to me, and only me.
Actually given the title of the game & the fact that some of it is supposed to be secret what if scum isn't set in stone but rotates based on who is possessed?

If this is not it in TM'ing this idea thanks.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
@Ebeth I know, and that's what worries me, his meta makes it easy for him to hide his real allegiance.

@Psy What if that is what scum was aiming for? A random kill, kill someone that hasn't targeted you, although somewhat risky, it confuses town and allows scum to hide better. I'm quite convinced that we'll see another death after this day's lynch and not at the start of day 3. If that is indeed the case and no one dies during nigth phase, than that means that scum has a daykill and not a nightkill.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
wait what. demonlord died during the night, was my interpretation. like, piano put that counter up for nightphase first, and then demonlord's flip was more than 12 hours later, long after liberty's. it's just that day 2 didn't start immediately after the flip for some reason, which was probably, no reason at all.

Jeroen posted Liberty's flip. I assumed the counter piano put up was until the end of the night phase (which had started when Jeron posted the flip) rather than a separate counter.

I'll see if I can find that piano post haha, it's possible I'm misremembering something.
@Ozzy: The most generic scum thing to do would be to nightkill CAVE just because that's like 75% of games he's in where he's not scum. What kind of setup would benefit by giving scum a daykill and not a nightkill?
Ebeth
Also someone mentioned cultists, can someone give me a tldr on how that works? I vaguely remember from years ago.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
@Psy I was writing my post before I saw your post on scum being a host chaning demon if that is the case, than I do belive that they probably switch host on night phase just like you mentioned and the only way of killing it is by either lynching the possessed person or the demon itself?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=psy_wombats
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Jeroen posted Liberty's flip. I assumed the counter piano put up was until the end of the night phase (which had started when Jeron posted the flip) rather than a separate counter.

I'll see if I can find that piano post haha, it's possible I'm misremembering something.

well yeah, it was the night phase counter. piano just didn't want day phase to start until it had run out, but posted the d2 flip early.

like, demonlord's flip was posted LONG after night phase had started. like twelve hours later. I'm not sure why someone said night phase was only a couple of hours long.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Ebeth
Also someone mentioned cultists, can someone give me a tldr on how that works? I vaguely remember from years ago.

I can tell you how the cult of pazuzu works, but only if the Eye signals to me that it is what Pazuzu wants.