[MAFIA] THE EXORCISM OF MAFIAVILLE (GAME OVER)

Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
Wait, Demon was possessed but he wasn't the vessel?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=LockeZ
WHY DID YOU ANSWER

I was initially unsure about giving up this information and I have to agree that it was indeed stupid of me to give away this info, except if ebeth is scum, which I doubt.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Maybe Vessel is what mafia are called(?) and their victims are possessed? Until someone dies without a lynch and flips town, then there's no way of---well actually tonight's kill will tell us a lot unless the kill is blocked and no one dies.

If someone possessed drops dead tonight, we could definitely rely on the team ID not being revealed after these victims die.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Ok, so according to my flavour, if scum finds the vessel I have one day until it's game over, I do not know if this game over applies to all of town or just me. Also, now that I read my role PM again, I notice that there's also a Destiniy spirit that wants to find the vessel, I am not sure if this destiniy spirit is how scum is called or if it's in cahoots with scum. All I know is that if we manage to kill the destiny spirit, then the vessel is unimportant, which leads me to believe that there are two ways for scum to win.

1)Finding the vessel and possesseing it for one day.
2)In case that vessel/destiny spirit dies, be the majority by killing all of town.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Dudesoft
Maybe Vessel is what mafia are called(?) and their victims are possessed? Until someone dies without a lynch and flips town, then there's no way of---well actually tonight's kill will tell us a lot unless the kill is blocked and no one dies.

If someone possessed drops dead tonight, we could definitely rely on the team ID not being revealed after these victims die.

I am 100% certain that the vessel is not how the maifa is called. According to how my role PM is worded, there seems to be only one vessel in the game and the vessel want's to fuse(be possessed?) with the destiny spirit.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Dudesoft
Maybe Vessel is what mafia are called(?) and their victims are possessed?
I mean that's not what the word means, it means someone who gets possessed. And also Ozzy said that mafia has to figure out who the vessel is. So it seems obvious to me that scum is doing the possessing.

Since we didn't lose the game on night 1, that act of possessing people also apparently can be used on other people besides just the vessel. Evidently killing them in the process?

I'm working on the assumption that Ozzy's telling the whole truth, because the setup of this game makes perfect sense to me now. I had wondered how Pianotm could draw inspiration from the SMT game without running into the same problems it had. This setup seems very reasonable and also perfectly fits all of the flavor text so far.

The hunter and the vessel could theoretically BOTH be neutral, but I think at least one of them must be, because town members don't typically get objectives to kill each-other. Based on the opening flavor text, I'm guessing they both are neutral, since two outsiders strolled into town - one was clearly the hunter, and the other was his target and therefore must be the vessel.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
@LockeZ I am indeed a neutral.
So if the vessel dies, the werewolves... lose. Ish... We could just lynch the vessel, that way we at least end one immediate win condition for the wolves. (Unless the vessel doesn't know they're the vessel.)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
So, this would mean that we stand against wolves + destiny spirit + vessel? Demon claimed hunter, who is not destiny spirit. What I find strange is that destiny spirit would be mentioned in his pm. The comment looks quite informed. How do you happen to know goals of destiny spirit?
Does the vessel know about being it? Or is vessel a word piano used for mafia? I think these are things we need to find out.

My newest theory is that Destiny spirit possesed Demon and his alignment was hidden from us. Wolves are probably separate from destiny spirit or it is one of them.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=OzzyTheOne
@LockeZ I am indeed a neutral.

author=pianotm
Nope. Town and scum.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ozzy, I think you've just confirmed yourself as wolf.
#lynch Ozzy
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You know what?

#lynch Shinan

Because whatever else happens, I don't want to lose the game to someone who's barely playing. Shinan's made one meaningful post today, and made none on day 1.

I'm a little tempted to vote for Dudesoft, because this is a weird way to respond to such a perfect roleclaim:
I'm not convinced the Hunter thing is anything more than a plea to stay alive. Like, dude, I get being skeptical, but come on, his claim fits the game a little too perfectly to be fake. But I'll assume for now that you just took a little while to realize how well his roleclaim matched the flavor text. I did the same thing at first, I didn't go back and read the flavor text until I started trying to figure out what the setup is.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Cap_H
#lynch Ozzy

Unless the role text is in blue for town and not green, I'm pretty sure that blue stands for neutral in mafia.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=OzzyTheOne
author=Cap_H
#lynch Ozzy
Unless the role text is in blue for town and not green, I'm pretty sure that blue stands for neutral in mafia.

Or for power roles. I think that you goal matters more.

#cancel for now.
LockeZ
author=Cap_H
author=pianotm
Nope. Town and scum.
Where was this?
woah, woah, woah, this is a lot! I'm still reading but the gist seems to be that ozzy claimed and is not scum + has a lot of info about the setup.
Ebeth
I believe Oz is legit. The info given about his role seems too detailed and explains how the game works too well for it to be something he made up imo. Plus Pianos comment was only confirming that there was in fact scum and town in the game- not that there was ONLY scum and town. Lynching the vessel seems to be a way for town to block a potential scum win but if I had to guess the vessel is probably neutral and just wants to survive the entire game.

Oz, is part of your vendetta against Cave is that you thought his Pazuzu comments meant he was the vessel?

Also Piano seems to have missed my vote from way back so I'll place it again.

#Lynch Shinan
author=Cap_H
author=OzzyTheOne
author=Cap_H
#lynch Ozzy
Or for power roles. I think that you goal matters more.

#cancel for now.

I think ozzy may have gotten confused with the color change is all.
Ebeth
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Pazuzu's opinion differs regarding shinan

Cave what does this mean?? Were you drinking or does another player have the power to speak through you?
Will reread later, but @Ozzy: What's your win condition?