[MAFIA] THE EXORCISM OF MAFIAVILLE (GAME OVER)

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
#Cancel

#lynch psy
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
*taps fingers on desk* You know...Ozzy, you just about write your own flavor.

OzzyTheOne had a good, long life. He was a warrior, protecting the world from evil most people don't know and don't want to know. Sure, he had a few clumsy moments, but none clumsier than now. At the end of the day, in his arduous search for the Vessel, he was unwinding with a drink. There was something odd about the girl, but she didn't actually show any signs of being the Vessel.

Perhaps he had drank a bit too much. Perhaps he was a bit too melancholy. But when someone opened the window and threw a bomb in, his reaction wasn't what it should have been. He threw the bomb to the now closed window, but instead of breaking it, it bounced back into his hands. He tried again with the same results. Finally, he threw the bomb away from him and dived into the bathroom.
Unfortunately, when the bomb hit the opposite wall, it rolled into the bathroom with him. The wick was almost gone. It was too late. He stood and saluted, and taking a harmonica out of his pocket, he played Taps as the bomb exploded.

OzzyTheOne is dead. He was
The Hunter

Send in your night actions. Night phase ends in 24 hours.

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I've got an appointment, so I'll go ahead and get this started.
I hope you don't mind an hour early.

People were trying to return to a sense of normalcy. Yes, let the police deal with the killers. They left their homes in the morning and went to their stores. They went to their schools and to their offices, but a pallor of terror hung over them. Whatever was happening was not natural, and they instinctively knew that those closest to the mystery were the only ones that could handle it. Perhaps this is why nearly all of them noticed Ebeth flitting down the street. Flitting was the most appropriate word, because she definitely wasn't walking, and she certainly wasn't dressed for a stroll, either, wearing a lovely dress better suited to stage performance than to everyday wear. Tiptoeing down the street in point shoes, she grabbed the attention of everyone who noticed and lead them to town center like a pied-piping Cinderella. In one hand was a bottle a of whiskey. She turned to her bewildered followers and took a drink from the bottle, batting her eyelashes at them.

With remarkable grace, she pirouetted to the exact spot where demonlord5000 had died and continued her twirling with ever increasing speed. She held the bottle above her and let the whiskey rain down upon her head and shoulders until the bottle was empty and she reeked of alcohol. She stopped just long enough for the onlookers to see her fumbling with something in her other hand. In that brief moment, she lit a match, and lit her dress. She continued dancing as the fire spread at steady, crawling pace. Soon, she resumed pirouetting as the flames consumed her. She was a spinning, burning torch at the center of town. Her audience was equal parts horrified and mesmerized by her ballet macabre.

Soon, she staggered to a stop, slumped to her knees and fell over sideways, the impact of her body to the ground coupled with the damage from the fire causing her head break loose and roll away from her body. She burnt for another several minutes before the flames finally extinguished, leaving a charred, bloody corpse in their wake.

Ebeth is dead. She was

POSSESSED

#lynch CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

I will be away for two days (I'll be back home on Thursday night). I might be able to check what is happening on mobile. But I'll just do my lynch vote already so I don't miss it.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
these nightkill choices are weird. ebeth was definitely on the table considering her, uh, pretending to be afk near deadline yesterday.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Gourd and Dudesoft

this post was targeted and the result I got back to interpret was just, different. like all it says is different. I'm assuming I'm meant to believe that they're different alignments but I am feeling like maybe I should ignore all night action results.

pretty suspicious that we couldn't get any votes for psy yesterday after a number of people voiced suspicion of him.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok, after this I can't imagine a team without Dudesoft on it. The ammount of people who defended him is insane. He would be with Cave and he would be with Psy. I think that one of them is always a wolf either.

#lynch Dudesoft

Shinan could only be Cave's pacmate, but the vote today says something different.
Basically, It confirms him as town.
Thinking about it I find Cave more and more susptious. At first he claimed to be drunk and then to be someone else. Also, he was willing to vote Psy, but it only caused us (me and Ozzy) unvote Dude, who was in Danger. I can even imagine Psy and Cave being together.
LockeZ is another possible mate of Cave, given his terrible vote. He wrote about the claim being ridiculous and then found a reason to place his vote on a more sane option.
LockeZ, Psy and Dude or Gourd, Psy and Dude would make good sense, if Cave's real. Gourd would make sense as Pazuzu.
If he claims, that he's not Pazuzu, Cave's fake.

Odd is super slacking, I hope that he's town for his PM claim. I got quite wide range of wolves, but I think that every combination only works with Dude being part of it. There's some of my personal logic behind it and a fact that too many players posted vague comments about Dude or defended him, while he's locked on me and keeps on coasting.
We can't afford to miss today!

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
these nightkill choices are weird. ebeth was definitely on the table considering her, uh, pretending to be afk near deadline yesterday.

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Gourd and Dudesoft

this post was targeted and the result I got back to interpret was just, different. like all it says is different. I'm assuming I'm meant to believe that they're different alignments but I am feeling like maybe I should ignore all night action results.

pretty suspicious that we couldn't get any votes for psy yesterday after a number of people voiced suspicion of him.

Hm, I had Ebeth as a potential partner for Psy.
Also, this comment reminds me, more than any previous comment, that you're not wolfing with Psy.
What do you think about Pazuzu now, when you know that Ozzy was real?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
well, drunk isn't a role, just a state of advanced mafia consciousness. it's not my fault you all couldn't vote together for some reason. I wasn't going to throw my vote on the pile unless I was sure it wouldn't result in a no lynch, which, if I had, it would have.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
I think meta-wise, even though my role pm doesn't outright say that pazuzu is town, i don't believe piano and jeroen would make a role as weird as scum feeding town fake investigation results. but also it's literally, pazuzu in a game about exorcisms and they still won't tell me who they are.
if this result isn't to be trusted then both gourd and dudesoft are mislynches. I feel like it's best to just file that away for future use and lynch psy here. the vote patterns tell a compelling story, about him being evil.

#lynch psy_wombats

Sorry I missed the end of yesterday. Thoughts on rules:
1. It's majority lynch, checking the OP. Ozzy was killed by town, which I didn't realize when I first read how things progressed.
2. ...so for sure scum does actually kill by nightkill. demon's death was just posted before the night was over for some reason.
3. It's not looking as straightforward as possessed=scum, unless deflection killed two scum in a row which seems dumb.

Couple options about the nightkill:
1 = my first thought was that possession was the scum means to kill people again (ie it both kills them and obscures their role) and someone wanted demon dead and then wanted ebeth dead. I don't understand who prioritizes like that though.
2 - "possession" is a combined action for both nightkill and possess, so if for instance ebeth was actually the vessel, scum would've won by killing her. But this doesn't make sense because ebeth was the only person confirmed /not/ to be vessel.
3 - This one's my current working theory: there's only one "scum" at a time. They die at the end of the night and choose a new target to possess. So yes, the two people who died were both scum but they died on a timer. Each night they choose someone else to possess, and if they correctly guess it was the vessel, then all the dead scumteam guys win. Presumably if the vessel dies then it's just classic mafia? But ozzy seemed to think the "destiny spirit" could be destroyed and in this option the destiny spirit would just be like... elemental scumminess, not an actual player.

@CAVE: why can't pazuzu and the eye confirm their identities to you in mason chat? There seems zero reason to me to be that cryptic.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i don't know if the eye is even a real player at this point. pazuzu can only send me messages through piano. which means they may be moderated to some extent and they can't explicitly reveal themselves, or they are scum. possibly both.

what are your thoughts on the game that do not pertain to game mechanics
I wrote most of that when it was only Shinan who had shown up today. Given this post https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23247/?post=829472#post829472 I'm not willing to kill anyone but cave, dudesoft, or gourd today. @Cave I don't understand why you wouldn't trust the night results unless you thought Pazuzu wasn't town. Also what post was targeted on day 1?

re:voting on me, half the people who were actually there switched, it looks like the net result was that it resulted in Ozzy's death instead of dudesoft's.

I'm finding it very hard to play the game when the win condition is so vague.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
@Cave I don't understand why you wouldn't trust the night results unless you thought Pazuzu wasn't town. Also what post was targeted on day 1?

d1 was just a vanilla cop power, allegedly. and yes, i am laboring under the assumption that I can't trust the weird night results. I guess today would be a good day to test them but we would need two day phases to fully do so and that is too much time. that combined with the fact that I wasn't nightkilled makes this feel like a trap
non-game mechanics stuff:

Odd was mod-confirmed as town. Shinan is town by investigation sortof, but even if pazuzu is fake he's still probably town. Cap looks town.

I find you to be scummy because I basically have two theories: that thing about scum dying on a timer at the end of the day, or else it's traditional mafia plus the vessel mechanic, and you're attempting to "control the narrative" like you commented as the winning strategy for the SMT game. I think most other people playing a conventional mafia game would've made a very different d1 nightkill choice. And I don't have a lean either way on DS/LockeZ/Gourd -- DS due to inactivity, LockeZ because he will be changing his playstyle either way after last game, and I never have a read on gourd.

If pazuzu can only communicate via piano, is that via pm or doc?
Oh and I think I mentioned before but do you think it's possible Pazuzu is a scum player, there is no "eye of Pazuzu," and someone is royally trolling you?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Gourd and Dudesoft

You brilliant c-bag. This is exactly the nugget I need to wear my tinfoil hat at catalogue the entire game.

I am Town.
I joined this game foolishly assuming I would have free time. I didn't. Now I do. I'll make time.
I believe that Cavedog is Town as well. The idea of a trifecta Mason group where the posterboy is Town seems highly likely.

Assuming these facts are both true, we have confirmed that Gourd must be Mafia. Don't lynch him yet. I need some time to sort through everything to build my entire case. I think there are enough clues to potentially sift out whom is our Mafia team.
@Dudesoft: if you're town, it's clearly either cave or gourd.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Dudesoft
You brilliant c-bag. This is exactly the nugget I need to wear my tinfoil hat at catalogue the entire game.

I am Town.
I joined this game foolishly assuming I would have free time. I didn't. Now I do. I'll make time.
I believe that Cavedog is Town as well. The idea of a trifecta Mason group where the posterboy is Town seems highly likely.

Assuming these facts are both true, we have confirmed that Gourd must be Mafia. Don't lynch him yet. I need some time to sort through everything to build my entire case. I think there are enough clues to potentially sift out whom is our Mafia team.

Finally a good post from you. I'm thrilled to hear it. That's some good point about masons. Also, another thing I can tell from reading the post is that you're Cave's packmate (And Gourd's?).
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i don't know if the eye is even a real player at this point. pazuzu can only send me messages through piano. which means they may be moderated to some extent and they can't explicitly reveal themselves, or they are scum. possibly both.

what are your thoughts on the game that do not pertain to game mechanics

It would make better sense if they were scum. Being just forced not to reveal yourself as town is strange. Either you have a role, which needs to be kept hidden (the vessel, cop or doc) or you're a wolf.
I'm more inclined to think that the eye is actually a wolf. If the eye is town, it's probably Shinan.

My position right now is:
Dudesoft, Psy, LockeZ -wolves
Cave - Mouth
Gourd - Pazuzu
Shinan - Eye or some kind of town
Odd, Cap - Vanillagers

I'm fully ready to accept that I'm wrong. These are my reads accepting Cave's claim. If someone has something strong to counter it > Cave's dead.
Cap do you really think this is a traditional mafia game with a traditional scumteam? Versus weirdness happening with possession? If so, how do you explain the nightkill patterns?