[MAFIA] THE EXORCISM OF MAFIAVILLE (GAME OVER)

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
where are you getting the 3-man scumteam from
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
where are you getting the 3-man scumteam from

LOL I wonder XD
I can know that gourd is fakeclaiming. If I die tonight and flip vanilla (or POSSESSED or w/e and the game isn't over) then you will all know he's lying. So I assume scum would only choose to claim like that in lylo.

If this is lylo then you are also scum because if you were town, the three scum would just dogpile on top of your vote, hammer, and end the game.

The other possibility is that Gourd is the vessel, and the destiny spirit found him last night. Which means all he would need to do is survive today to win, and claiming against me would in theory make that more likely, especially with your pazuzu-information. If you're town, then you know it's this scenario and not ^ that.
How do you know this vital information about the vesse's win condition? I don't remember us finding anything out for certain yesterday. Seems odd!
Three man scum is the only way it's lylo. A town death today plus a nightkill puts it to 3 v 3 scum win.

And sorry yeah it takes 5 to hammer with 8 players I guess. cave isn't necessarily scum in that case, which I think makes a lot more sense as to why gourd chose to expose himself now.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
well, I am town, but those aren't really the only possibilities.
-maybe the gourd+dudesoft being different result can be trusted and gourd is just going ape here
-you are actually scum

you just said like a page ago that you were doubting a traditional scumteam and are now going a little hard on this 3-man scumteam thing
Ozzy posted that the vessel really really wanted to be possessed, and that either he needed to destroy the vessel, or there was a one day grace period for them to be lynched. See here:

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23247/?post=829105#post829105
https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23247/?post=829047#post829047
And yeah I assume /one/ of the win conditions is being met if Gourd's ballsy enough to try this. It seems more likely to be the traditional one considering how many players we started with. Until then I figured more than likely it was the possession-based setup with single scum. I guess it still could be.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i guess it makes sense that you would come up with whatever explanation if you're town and gourd is scum though

time to review post histories
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
this post was targeted and the result I got back to interpret was just, different. like all it says is different. I'm assuming I'm meant to believe that they're different alignments but I am feeling like maybe I should ignore all night action results.

er, this is good to know, I guess that makes shinan another scum possibility! After psy!
so, to be a little more transparent here, as the seer I get to ask any question with a yes or no answer. I can use "how many" etc as well to get a number.

on night 1 I asked:

Are any of:

Cap_H
oddRABBIT
Dudesoft
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

mafia?

I got: No

Night 2 I asked:

Is LockeZ mafia?

I got: No.

That left psy left who I technically didn't investigate, but he was the last one! Now I kinda wish I had read back because if cave's info isn't to be trusted, that means Shinan and psy are the two possible mafias. It's, uh, probably both of them but I figured I'd be very explicitly honest about this in case I was missing something.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
#cancel until I've reread
Gourd, you've basically implied that I'm the /only/ member of scumteam, and the Pazuzu must be a liar because you and dudes would be the same alignment.

Plus this is in conflict with what you've got here: https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23247/?post=829512#post829512 - that's a claim for a single investigation role. What you just posted doesn't resemble a cop at all, and I don't think it very likely that this game has some sort of truthteller role that wreaked havoc in the Structure game.

If that's really your role and really your results, you should know I'm still not scum in a single-scum possession scenario, where demon was scum on day 1, ebeth was scum on day 2, and now someone else is scum. In this case all you've done is verify that LockeZ is not scum, for now. But I still think you're lying because there's no way I would've said "I investigated Odd yesterday" if I was a truthteller.
but, uh, I did investigate odd yesterday??

I figured I had deduced the scum bc everyone else came up innocent. I left out details bc I didn't realize pazuzu may not be 100% honest. And, he's NOT honest if "different" means dudes and I are different alignments. I investigated dudes night 1.

Also, I didn't know that's how the game was working...? How do you know? I figured the possession kills were scum trying to find the vessel and failing.
I specifically singled out odd because I know that my town read on him yesterday was sketching some people out. Technically, I don't think I lied.
Yeah you investigated him, but no one was talking about him. You also investigated dudes and cap supposedly, but didn't name them. You just said you investigated one random guy, who also happened to be mod-confirmed town... ie, most useless possible result.

I don't know how the game is working. I think there are two basic setups, given Ozzy was telling the truth:

1. There's only one "scum," the destiny spirit. The current destiny spirit dies every night, and picks the next day's destiny spirit. All living and dead destiny spirits win if they manage to pick the vessel and survive. If the vessel ends up dead, then the game reverts to traditional mafia with 1 scum. It's possible that Gourd is telling the truth and Pazuzu is a liar.

2. It's a traditional 3 scum, 12 town setup or similar. When scum kills someone, they show up as POSSESSED instead of their actual role. If they happen to nightkill the vessel, the vessel instead becomes possessed and mafia instawins if the vessel isn't killed. In this scenario Gourd is a liar and Pazuzu is not.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK (1): shinan
Dudesoft (1): Cap_H
Psy_wombats (1): Gourd_Clae
Gourd_Clae (1): psy_wombats
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Jesus, work is busier than anticipated. Tin Hat Dudes will have to wait. Maybe after shift if we're still in Day Phase.

Gourd, I know my alignment, and whether or not I believe in Cave's alignment 100%, his assertion has you opposite me. Further, you seem to be squirming more and more the longer this takes. On my alignment alone, I will go on this.

#lynch Gourd_Clae

If you are the so-called Vessel, then you would win by living until night as well, which wouldn't be good. Ozzy's flip while unfortunate, DID cement the game's situation.
If Psy, Cap_H, or Shinan are mafia (or heaven forbid Cave) (or all of the above >_>) then we are officially boned.
Damned if we kill Gourd and he's a 'Town Vessel', damned if we don't...

#cancel

Help me math pls. I don't have much time to work on this. If Gourd is an eager beaver for possession, do we lose?
If he is killed, do mafia out number us?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=psy_wombats
Yeah you investigated him, but no one was talking about him. You also investigated dudes and cap supposedly, but didn't name them. You just said you investigated one random guy, who also happened to be mod-confirmed town... ie, most useless possible result.

I don't know how the game is working. I think there are two basic setups, given Ozzy was telling the truth:

1. There's only one "scum," the destiny spirit. The current destiny spirit dies every night, and picks the next day's destiny spirit. All living and dead destiny spirits win if they manage to pick the vessel and survive. If the vessel ends up dead, then the game reverts to traditional mafia with 1 scum. It's possible that Gourd is telling the truth and Pazuzu is a liar.

2. It's a traditional 3 scum, 12 town setup or similar. When scum kills someone, they show up as POSSESSED instead of their actual role. If they happen to nightkill the vessel, the vessel instead becomes possessed and mafia instawins if the vessel isn't killed. In this scenario Gourd is a liar and Pazuzu is not.

Wait is this like a werewolf game or something? Is that what Shinan keeps saying werewolf for?
I don't know what you mean by "werewolf game" but yeah werewolf flavor isn't uncommon in Europe anyway so I assume that's what cap and shinan are talking about.

Re: math: if Gourd is the possessed vessel, and not originally scum, we'd only lose if there were 3 original scum because it'd be 3 v 3 tomorrow. I think it's more likely he's just scum. (If gourd is possessed, and there are 3 other scum out there, we've already lost -- that'd be 4 v 4 today)