[CLOSAT] O IS FOR OBJECT

Pages: 1
~ CLOSAT ~
O is for Object

What is this?
This is the start of a series of Creative Writing exercises. There will be seven (7) topics/parts to the series, this being the second, and all are aimed at creation.

This second episode will focus on location creation.

What are we creating?
This time, as the topic header states, we'll be creating locations. Each person who joined previously will be tasked with creating an object. Just one, mind you. You'll do this like so:

- Find an item in your house.
- Describe what the item looks like.
- Describe three uses it could have that are not it's proper and/or typical use.
- Post it in this thread.
- Profit?
- I'll add my example in the location section.
- Next Saturday will be the deadline. That is September 9th.
(That said, if you come in to the series late, as long as you add to the other topics, you may join in still until the end.)

Once your object is done, it will be added to the topic. This will be referenced at a later date.

Create~

Current Creators

Liberty
pianotm
suzy_cheesedreams
Dudesoft
Delsin7
Altered
Marrend

Objects

Faded pink wax inside of a hefty glass bowl.
It could be used as a torture device by lighting it and using the flame to cause damage. Its heft would also make for a good distraction if thrown or rolled, or as a last ditch weapon. It could also be used to make a signal by either lighting it or flicking the edge of the container to create a soft ringing sound that wouldn't carry far.

A clear plastic pill bottle.
It can be used as a shot glass for any alcoholic beverage you can imagine. It could also be used as a small cookie cutter. It might even be used to store game dice.

A small black, snub-nose 357 revolver with Pachmayr grips.
It could be used to make art...very noisily. It's definitely strong enough to prop up a couch. I recommend unloading it first. It's deceptively heavy. It'd make a fine paperweight. (Personally, I wouldn't use it for any of these functions, but that's just me.)

Wand, made of manzanita with a quartz tip, curved at the base.
Disclaimer, bad juju if you actually use one for any of this in real life. Could be used as a back scratcher. Might make a rather unique marching baton. Perhaps a digging implement for planting seeds in your garden?

A stainless steel flower sifter.
Could be used for sifting dirt for gold. Might make a rather versatile percussion instrument since you could not only beat it, but also put pebbles in it and crank it. It would also make a rather inadequate bludgeoning tool, but I'm sure that would bend it up.

A blue backpack.
In reality, a bag of holding with extra-dimensional space that allows it to carry ten times, no, twenty times what a like item might normally be able to carry! ***

A faded, worn curtain.
It can be used as a lightweight cloak for simple comfort, or as a disguise. It could put out a small fire. It could also be torn up into bandages.

Green oil paint.
Could be used to write a message or to paint runes, to set alight, or to poison someone.

A half-chewed rawhide bone.
Once a perfectly "bone-shaped" creation. Made to appear as half the cross-bones from a Jolly Roger. It was formed out of rawhide, which dogs in particular enjoy chewing. As such, the end of this bone is half-chewed. On top of the non-nutritional edible option, this object could hold several uses.
Some examples, is a make-shift club. Reminiscent of the bone clubs our ancestor cavemen would wield. Another, could be a stirring utensil in the kitchen. Sure, it may ruin whatever soup or sauce you're cooking up, but in a bind, what better stick could one wish for? There's also the most obvious use, which is as a book mark. Of course, one should always ensure the dog is asleep, and the bone has had time to dry.

A braid of dried sweetgrass.

The sweetgrass strands are a round grass that turn a yellow-green colour when dried. They are then tied and braided together like a maiden's locks. It has a particular aroma akin to sweet almonds mixed with grass.

Ususual is tricky, because its common use has changed drastically over time and between cultures. In modern western culture it, like most wild long grasses, is considered good for only grazing of animals or is derided as a weed. In native american cultures it was used as a gift item as it was taboo to use it as money/trade item, jewelry, for use in teas or medicines, used in smudging ceremonies, and kept around the house for its pleasant smell.

So I suppose some other unusual uses for it could be tying them together to make a belt, fraying an end to make a toothbrush with minor natural antibiotic qualities, and used to make the thong/rope in sandles.

Paper Cube
A small dandelion yellow origami cube, slightly larger than your average marble.
One could place a average marble inside, use for kindling, perhaps a gift for a child.

Flattened Paper Cube
A small dandelion yellow origami cube, except it's flatted out into a square, when it's folded it's slightly larger than your average marble.
One could fold it into a cube, use for kindling, perhaps a gift for a origami aficionado.

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
A clear plastic pill bottle.
It can be used as a shot glass for any alcoholic beverage you can imagine. It could also be used as a small cookie cutter. It might even be used to store game dice.

A small black, snub-nose 357 revolver with Pachmayr grips.
It could be used to make art...very noisily. It's definitely strong enough to prop up a couch. I recommend unloading it first. It's deceptively heavy. It'd make a fine paperweight. (Personally, I wouldn't use it for any of these functions, but that's just me.)

Wand, made of manzanita with a quartz tip, curved at the base.
Disclaimer, bad juju if you actually use one for any of this in real life. Could be used as a back scratcher. Might make a rather unique marching baton. Perhaps a digging implement for planting seeds in your garden?

A stainless steel flower sifter.
Could be used for sifting dirt for gold. Might make a rather versatile percussion instrument since you could not only beat it, but also put pebbles in it and crank it. It would also make a rather inadequate bludgeoning tool, but I'm sure that would bend it up.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
A blue backpack.
In reality, a bag of holding with extra-dimensional space that allows it to carry ten times, no, twenty times what a like item might normally be able to carry!
A faded, worn curtain.
It can be used as a lightweight cloak for simple comfort, or as a disguise. It could put out a small fire. It could also be torn up into bandages.

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
A half-chewed rawhide bone.
Once a perfectly "bone-shaped" creation. Made to appear as half the cross-bones from a Jolly Roger. It was formed out of rawhide, which dogs in particular enjoy chewing. As such, the end of this bone is half-chewed. On top of the non-nutritional edible option, this object could hold several uses.
Some examples, is a make-shift club. Reminiscent of the bone clubs our ancestor cavemen would wield. Another, could be a stirring utensil in the kitchen. Sure, it may ruin whatever soup or sauce you're cooking up, but in a bind, what better stick could one wish for? There's also the most obvious use, which is as a book mark. Of course, one should always ensure the dog is asleep, and the bone has had time to dry.
A braid of dried sweetgrass.

The sweetgrass strands are a round grass that turn a yellow-green colour when dried. They are then tied and braided together like a maiden's locks. It has a particular aroma akin to sweet almonds mixed with grass.

Ususual is tricky, because its common use has changed drastically over time and between cultures. In modern western culture it, like most wild long grasses, is considered good for only grazing of animals or is derided as a weed. In native american cultures it was used as a gift item as it was taboo to use it as money/trade item, jewelry, for use in teas or medicines, used in smudging ceremonies, and kept around the house for its pleasant smell.

So I suppose some other unusual uses for it could be tying them together to make a belt, fraying an end to make a toothbrush with minor natural antibiotic qualities, and used to make the thong/rope in sandles.
Paper Cube
A small dandelion yellow origami cube, slightly larger than your average marble.
One could place a average marble inside, use for kindling, perhaps a gift for a child.

Flattened Paper Cube
A small dandelion yellow origami cube, except it's flattened out into a square, when it's folded it's slightly larger than your average marble.
One could fold it into a cube, use for kindling, perhaps a gift for a origami aficionado.
Just letting you all know that you may do more of these if you so wish. The more randomisation chance we have in the 7th topic, the more interesting it will be. ^.^)b
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
FYI, I edited my original post.
Green oil paint.
Could be used to write a message or to paint runes, to set alight, or to poison someone.
Pages: 1