'GAME LENGTH' SPECIFIC

Pages: first prev 12 last
I think Darken's idea is definitely best, but I am in favour of having pretty much no hurdle for submitting a finish time. Maybe 100 Makerscore or something? Filtering out bots would be nice and I understand the logic of affixing to the review process, but I think making it more open will negate wonky numbers (since everyone who has finished it and has an account can submit a time in a matter of seconds, and so are more likely to submit a time).

"Submit a completion time"
- 11 -
"Thank you"
and it's added to the total and averaged out.

Being player submitted also allows for older games to benefit (or not) from the system.

Since not everyone plays to completion, we could also have a "minimum time" system where players input how long they played and it's shown as a more vague "5+ hours". It's not ideal, but it lets searchers find out if a game is something they can get in to playing for awhile.
This is a great idea, especially if the approximate playtime can serve as search filter.

As a developer, I severely underestimate playtime for my games. So I think players input is the way to go.

To make the playtime as accurate as possible, I recommend computing the median value and not the average value because the latter is more influenced by speed-runs and full-completions.
Pages: first prev 12 last