[RMXP] ANY SCRIPT FOR FULL SCREEN LETTERBOXING INSTEAD OF STRETCHING?

Pages: 1
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
RPG Maker, when you go into full screen, stretches the screen unevenly. (It also anti-aliases the pixel graphics, which is annoying but not AS bad). I've been looking on-and-off for, uh.... years? ...for a script that will solve this.

There are scripts that fix this for RPG Maker VX Ace, but they rely on methods that were added to the built-in Graphics module in VX Ace. I need something that fixes it in RPG Maker XP. Graphics.resize_screen doesn't frikkin' exist in RGSS1, and it's one of those hidden scripts that Enterbrain won't release the code for.

So far my research has gotten me as far as the Pokemon Essentials set of scripts that rebuilds the entire RMXP script base from scratch. Someone made an add-on for Pokemon Essentials to solve this problem. However it doesn't work without Pokemon Essentials, and I would rather not spend 200 hours learning how it works to try to extract the relevant parts of it just to get a working fullscreen button, unless I have to.

So my question is, does anyone know of a script for RPG Maker XP that makes fullscreen work on widescreen monitors without stretching the window unevenly?
I think people managed to fix that with mkxp? Might be worth a shot to look at.
Pages: 1