MONSTER TAMER PROJECTS?

Pages: 1
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
So lately I've been getting rather nostalgic about Monster Rancher. Yes, that obscure series. I'd been pondering a way to fuse elements of Monster Rancher with Digimon World 3 (which feels the most traditionally JRPG out of any of the Digimon RPG video games out there), without making it suck. The concept is very much a work in progress. :p

But it makes me think. Whether in the vein of Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Dragon Quest 5, Shin Megami Tensei, or any other game that involves the player raising monsters... anyone else out there have a monster tamer RPG Maker game at any stage of completion? Any thoughts on the genre? Any words of advice, other than "don't do it" (I intend to heavily lower the scope of my own project so it's not an impossibility for myself)?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Off the top of my head, I could probably only come up with Pokemon - RMN Version. That's not to say other games like the ones you're talking about don't exist, but, that particular game was a fairly well-recieved community game and even had an event surrounding it in regards to the creation of the Pokemon in it.
Pages: 1