I'M A NEW SOUL, I CAME TO THIS GREAT SITE HOPING I COULD-- I'MMA STOP

Pages: first 12 next last
Hello fellow gamers and developers!

My name is Soul and - as you could probably tell, since I am posting it here - I'm new.
I'm 20 years old and live in Germany, so please don't be too harsh if my English occaisonally sucks (it's probably 'cause I once again stayed awake until like 2 in the morning).

I'm currently working on my very first game called "Lullaby".
It's a horror/thriller/mystery puzzle game.

And yes, I am one of the countless people who got inspired by Ib, The Witch's House, Mermaid Swamp etc. - and if you are skeptical of me and my game because of that, I completely understand.
I know there are a lot of bad horror rpg maker games out there, that are trying to leech off of the sucess of the aformentioned games - but I want to tell an interesting story through this interactive medium and I am determined to do the best that I can.

Also, I'd love to talk to you guys, I like sharing experiences, talking about games/movies/hobbies and I'm willing to learn new things.
So don't be shy, if you want to, just message me.
Be warned tho, I'm a bit socially inept and can be really fucking awkward, but I'm always happy to meet new people.

I'm also pretty active on twitter, so if you wanna tweet me or something, feel free to do so!

Anyways, thanks for reading my long-ass post!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yet another soul lost to RMN! Welcome!

Also, is the second part of your screen name a Sherlock reference?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Hey hello would you like to share follows on twitter? :)
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Yo don't worry about your English; it's probably better than a bunch of the native speakers we get around here! (Also holy crap, so many RPG Makering Germans on this site!)

I don't think you need to worry too much about what genre you make; mostly people who aren't interested will just ignore and move on. It's a pretty chill community here. Just mak gam, and put it out for people to enjoy!
author=pianotm
Yet another soul lost to RMN! Welcome!

Also, is the second part of your screen name a Sherlock reference?

Thank you! ♥

And yes, yes it is. You're the first person to notice!
author=Marrend
Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!

Heya! Thanks for having me.
author=Mirak
Hey hello would you like to share follows on twitter? :)

Um, sure why not? Just tweet me smth :3
author=Sooz
Yo don't worry about your English; it's probably better than a bunch of the native speakers we get around here! (Also holy crap, so many RPG Makering Germans on this site!)

I don't think you need to worry too much about what genre you make; mostly people who aren't interested will just ignore and move on. It's a pretty chill community here. Just mak gam, and put it out for people to enjoy!

I didn't even know that there are many Germans on this site! But I should've guessed, this site is pretty international.

Well, I'm kind of an overthinker (and my hardest critic I guess), so I just had to say smth regarding the genre and to "defend" myself. A bit stupid, but Oh well.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Just so you know, double posting is against the rules. In the future, just consolidate all your replies to one post.
author=Sooz
Just so you know, double posting is against the rules. In the future, just consolidate all your replies to one post.

I am very very sorry! I won't do it again.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=SoulsMindPalace
author=Sooz

It's no problem since you're new! ^_^ Just keep in mind that you can hit the "edit" button on your post if you wanna add more. :DDDDD

Welcome to the site, and I look forward to seeing your games!

I know some people have a knee-jerk dislike of horror RPG Maker games, but I personally think its a bit silly. Personally, I've always made and played traditional combat-focused RPGs, but I too played and fell in love with games like Ib and the Witch's House. They aren't exactly easy to make, either, even if they don't have any crunchy RPG combat!

Nice to meet you! :DDDDD

EDIT: Also the custom art in your game is really cute! ^_^
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Welcome, Soul!
I think your English is pretty good, probably better than mine. xD Nice custom art you've got there as well!
Followed you on Twitter and subscribed to your gameprofile page. I'm not a big fan of horror RPG Maker games, but I'm curious to see what you've got in store for us.

Good luck!^^
author=unity
author=SoulsMindPalace
author=Sooz
It's no problem since you're new! ^_^ Just keep in mind that you can hit the "edit" button on your post if you wanna add more. :DDDDD

Welcome to the site, and I look forward to seeing your games!

I know some people have a knee-jerk dislike of horror RPG Maker games, but I personally think its a bit silly. Personally, I've always made and played traditional combat-focused RPGs, but I too played and fell in love with games like Ib and the Witch's House. They aren't exactly easy to make, either, even if they don't have any crunchy RPG combat!

Nice to meet you! :DDDDD

EDIT: Also the custom art in your game is really cute! ^_^

I learned my lesson x'D

Thank you so much! <3
I hope you won't be disappointed

Yeah, but I also see how many people are annoyed by the many people who are making horror games and think it is easy, so they don't put a lot of effort into it. But I love horror as a genre so so much! So it makes me even more mad when people don't take it seriously you know? D:

And once again, thank you! :3

author=JosephSeraph
yael naim is amazing

Hell yeah she is, I love that song (and it's a pun, so that's always a plus!)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Hey, another fellow German RPG Maker. Willkommen auf RMN, Soul!

I'm indeed one of those people who doesn't enjoy horror games, but there are many, many people here who do. So as long as it's clear you really put effort into your work, I doubt you'll have trouble finding an audience. So best of luck with your project!

If you ever feel like you need help, want to ask questions, or are just in the mood to talk to some fellow nerds, don't be afraid to post lots. Usually, people here are happy to try and help.

Besides, you seem to take criticism well, you like Sherlock, and you like puns, so personally I'm already pretty confident you must be a nice person. Have a good time, and see you around!
author=NeverSilent
Hey, another fellow German RPG Maker. Willkommen auf RMN, Soul!

I'm indeed one of those people who doesn't enjoy horror games, but there are many, many people here who do. So as long as it's clear you really put effort into your work, I doubt you'll have trouble finding an audience. So best of luck with your project!

If you ever feel like you need help, want to ask questions, or are just in the mood to talk to some fellow nerds, don't be afraid to post lots. Usually, people here are happy to try and help.

Besides, you seem to take criticism well, you like Sherlock, and you like puns, so personally I'm already pretty confident you must be a nice person. Have a good time, and see you around!

Danke dir, NeverSilent!

Thank you, I really am putting all my love and effort into this project. And I think that will show (at least I hope so).'

I'll try not to be intimidated.

Haha aaawwww thank you!
This post was so nice, it cheered me up a lot!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Welcome to RMN my fellow horror gam mak fan! I also like the aforementioned games and they are my main inspiration to complete my current horror project. I hope that you can finish your game and that you have fun while doing so! I'm gonna make sure to check it out once it's completed
-_-)b

It's neat to have another fellow german speaker over here as well. Wünshe dir einen schönen Tag!
author=OzzyTheOne
Welcome to RMN my fellow horror gam mak fan! I also like the aforementioned games and they are my main inspiration to complete my current horror project. I hope that you can finish your game and that you have fun while doing so! I'm gonna make sure to check it out once it's completed
-_-)b

It's neat to have another fellow german speaker over here as well. Wünshe dir einen schönen Tag!

Haha klingt schon mal als hätten wir zwei Sachen gemeinsam :3

Ohh, now you've made me curious, I'mma stalk your page (and horror game)!
And thank you so much! I am determined to finish it, so many people have helped me, I feel obligated to.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I will also make sure to follow your game as well! It looks very nice so far and I'd love to play it once it's finished. Best of luck on RMN!

(Also, I speak ze German, but I'm not from Deutschland <_< )
Pages: first 12 next last