MISAO = FIN

Excuse me, but we're on Butt Quest 7 now. Where have you been?
I only have played one of the finished nominations and one of the demos but I did my part based entirely on the screenshots like a good citizen.

Ya'll can thank me later when the wrong things win.

B)
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!
author=Liberty
In other words, more review/play events are needed.

Like the review event where you could only review games that had one or no reviews, except you could add that they needed to be released this year.

I reviewed 30 games, but only a handful of those were released this year. This sort of event also stops people from reviewing games with 50 trillion reviews already.

You could have events geared towards certain categories. ie. Make an RTP game or make a fan game.
But you could also remind people of the nominations during that time and people will crazy nominate games for events that match a certain category during that time.

I think it'd be good to mix up the conditions of the review events. Review events for unreviewed games helps bring attention to games which haven't gotten much already, but games which are in the running for misaos are likely to have gotten some, so we could also try events like adding a review to a game which has between 1-3, things like that. That way, we might attract more players to games which have earned some attention, and hopefully decrease the chance of situations where one game has so many players than all the others that it takes awards in categories where other games did better.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Desertopa
I think it'd be good to mix up the conditions of the review events. Review events for unreviewed games helps bring attention to games which haven't gotten much already, but games which are in the running for misaos are likely to have gotten some, so we could also try events like adding a review to a game which has between 1-3, things like that. That way, we might attract more players to games which have earned some attention, and hopefully decrease the chance of situations where one game has so many players than all the others that it takes awards in categories where other games did better.

I like this idea.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=SgtMettool
When does voting close?

I didn't get an official date for that. It was supposed to be around a week. So it should be over soon right? (2 weeks now actually.) I assume that there's a clear winner by this point.
Here's the final tally guys. Sorry for the wait!
https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23620/