[RMVX ACE] IS THERE ANY GOOD GAMES THAT DOES NOT USE THE DEFAULT BATTLE SYSTEM

SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

The link isn't broken.
It's more likely that the person who created the game has hidden the game page.
If the developer doesn't want people playing his game any more it will be very hard to find a download for it.
even a hidden page can be accessed through a direct link but the direct linkis broken. that means that the page no longer exists(404).
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I was morbidly curious about that, as I'm 99% sure a hidden page would produce a "404 page not found" error unless the person viewing the page was the page's author, or a moderator with viewing rights/access to those pages.

Sure enough, I set one of my gamepages to "private", logged out, and got the anti-climbing paint when trying to access it.

*Edit: Try this link to a gamepage I literally just set to "private", and don't care to make it public again.
author=andreasaspenberg
even a hidden page can be accessed through a direct link but the direct linkis broken. that means that the page no longer exists(404).

No, it can't. Not unless you're either tagged as one of the people allowed to see it or an Admin.

I can see the pages, but normal members like you, who don't have permission, cannot.

Seeing as we don't delete (almost) anything on this site, even old game pages (I'm not even sure they can be deleted), they're still there even if you can't see them. They're hidden from view, just like games that haven't been accepted to the site, forever tied to the accounts of those who made them, a scourge on their Manage Games page for all of eternity.
SunflowerGames

I can view the page using waybackmachine, but that doesn't let you download the game to my knowledge:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130210110209/http://rpgmaker.net:80/games/3437/
Marrend
The Wayback Machine made exactly one capture of the downloads page, from what I can tell. However, the file to be downloaded seems to return a "This page hasn't been archived!" message.
SunflowerGames

It makes sense that it can't restore the download file. If the file doesn't exist there any more then where would the file come from? I actually once tried very hard to get the old demo file for Journey's End. I wish I had never deleted that. That was an excellent game.
a 404 error means a deleted page. i really want to get a copy of The Legend of Zelda : Final Apocalypse so if anybody knows where i can find it i would be grateful.
Marrend
author=andreasaspenberg
a 404 error means a deleted page

What did we just tell you about hidden pages, and getting 404 errors ;_;

author=andreasaspenberg
i really want to get a copy of The Legend of Zelda : Final Apocalypse so if anybody knows where i can find it i would be grateful.

I'd try this thread to see if somebody has a copy.

author=LordBlueRouge
It is obvious that RMN is now the biggest database for games made in RPG Maker, but since everything is user generated, there are obviously some games that do not make it on here. Once in awhile a famous RM game is mentioned in several discussions, someone might seach it out of curiosity only to be dissapointed that it's not on RMN. Perhaps you find a game on RMN, but the download link is broken? Trying to remember a game, but can't quite remember the title? This topic is for all of that. Feel free to even reminisce about the old RM games, just try not to go way off track. Anyway I hope this topic benefits people.

*Edit: While it doesn't specifically say "games on RMN that no longer have public gamepages", I still think it would fall under the thread's stated purpose of helping people find games.
author=andreasaspenberg
i studied web design.

Um, no offence, but who cares if you studied web design? It's not like you're the one in charge of the RMN website.

People are telling you the right thing, and here you are, trying to be stubborn for no reason.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
While you studied web design, I studied the blade.
While you studied web design, I didn't. I don't know much about it. However, I do know RMN and I do know what causes it to appear to break (having been one to break the site quite often). So, when I say that the issue is that the page has been hidden, then it's been hidden. I can see the page. You can't. Thus, it's working as it is supposed to - by not showing anyone who doesn't have Admin tag or permission from seeing it.

How does it do that? By showing a 404 message when someone who isn't allowed to see the page looks at it.

Besides, just because you studied web design doesn't mean you know the first thing about the crazy back-end of this site. I think I'll trust our coder over some guy who doesn't understand the simple explanation of "it's been hidden".
you have been harassing me for years so your word is worthless to me. i need proof so why not provide the download link for that zelda game.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Andreas, I've never even heard of you before this, so you're a neutral party to me. These people are not lying to you. Game pages that are hidden from the public produce a 404 error because the site is designed to do that. We don't delete hidden games because their creators can come back to them at any time.

You're being needlessly confrontational. I'm sorry, but you can't get that game, and that's all there is to it.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=andreasaspenberg
a 404 error means a deleted page. i really want to get a copy of The Legend of Zelda : Final Apocalypse so if anybody knows where i can find it i would be grateful.

here ya go

https://rpgmaker.net/users/Dastrem/locker/TLOZ_Final_Apocalypse.rar

Tadaaaaa

Marrend
Thanks, Hex!

*Edit: Seriously, you have no idea.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Well, as for where I GOT this informationcoughkloecough it's a...

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i just got this comment on Wine & Roses on steam so

idfk
WELL HOW DO YOU?? I"M WAITING!