[RM2K] [RM2K3] WHY SEPARATE "TSUKURU" CATEGORIES?

Pages: first 12 next last
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
I have problem with that, since these are essentially the same program, so why it has category dupes for old/unofficial releases? They could be just as well merged with no harm done whatsoever since many of the tutorials, unless they use stuff introduced in the "official" version (in which case it should be disclosed) can apply to both official and unofficial releases.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
They're different programs.

Also there are games on the site made with the unnoficial version, and some games made with the steam release. Distinction between them is important.
They’re also separate because a lot of unofficial 2k and 2k3 games use various patches and plugin’s, like DynRPG for instance, that the official versions may or may not have implemented those types of features in as of yet, so it’s important to indicate the differences between the two different versions to avoid confusion.

Also, there are some users out there that just don’t have the extra money lying around, or have been using the unofficial version for so long that they don’t want to use or pay for the official version as of right now, so I can understand that. And, of course, there are a lot of older projects on here that have been long abandoned by its original creators that it would make sense to just keep those games labeled correctly under the unofficial licence.

Either way, it’s a good idea to separate between the two different versions. I don’t mind it like this if it helps curbs some of the confusion.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The tutorials probably do need to be merged. Or, more accurately, we probably need a way to mark a tutorial as applying to multiple engines.

They're separated for the sake of games, not tutorials. From a player's perspective, many people will avoid games made with the old pirated version because they're really janky on modern operating systems. Fullscreen doesn't work right for many people, it doesn't install the fonts correctly, it crashes a lot when you run recording software on many video cards, and some other shit.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Did you know that you can now use pictures in battles? IT'S THE TRUTH!

Why are we still talking about the pirated version as though it had something to offer us?
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Corfaisus

Why are we still talking about the pirated version as though it had something to offer us?

Oh SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

Wait, in 2k3 or 2k?

Who am I kidding I'll buy 2k regardless.
author=LockeZ
They're separated for the sake of games, not tutorials. From a player's perspective, many people will avoid games made with the old pirated version because they're really janky on modern operating systems. Fullscreen doesn't work right for many people, it doesn't install the fonts correctly, it crashes a lot when you run recording software on many video cards, and some other shit.

I mean the option to combine/add stuff in the filter overall wouldn't hurt as people like myself don't care and just want to see the whole of 2k3 games, same goes for stuff like VX and VXace.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Because miscegenation is a sin in the eyes of God.
author=Corfaisus

Well, I still use the pirated version because I’m using a couple of plugin’s in a few games that I have that the official version, unfortunately, does not have implemented in as of yet. And I really want to use some of these plugin’s to enhance some of the game’s features, so that’s why I’m continuing to still use the pirated version, for at least a couple of games.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
when the EU content id regulation laws pass they will be easy to sweep off the site en masse
author=Corfaisus

Hm, I think that's a lot of needless hostility toward the pirated version. Like Addit said, there are a lot of users who own the legal/Steam copy, but still prefer the original because of various patches (myself included). RMN has supported it for nearly a decade, let's not adopt a sudden arrogance about the whole thing.

Rave
Well, yeah. Kinda sad though that Cherry failed to update DynRPG for the legal version for whatever reason. I believe that this alone keeps many people using pirated RM.
For the reason that it's a lot of work, nobody pays me for it and I can't even accept donations for it or sell it or something because the RM2k3 Patch EULA prevents me from earning from patches of the official version.
that's a good reason
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
There should be some internet equivalent of "Oops, I just dropped a bag of money on the ground! I sure hope nobody picks it up and uses it to fund their endeavors while I'm looking the other way!"
There sort of is. You can Paypal money as a gift. "Hey, I heard you fell on hard times. Here's some $$$ to get you on your feet."

Actually, Cherry should make a potato salad Kickstarter and talk about how he's just too darn busy with all these non-profit patches to the 2k/3 series to fill a bowl with potato salad. If only he had a large sum of money...
author=Sooz
There should be some internet equivalent of "Oops, I just dropped a bag of money on the ground! I sure hope nobody picks it up and uses it to fund their endeavors while I'm looking the other way!"

https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/86448/do-i-have-to-explain-the-source-of-all-income-on-my-taxes
Sooz
author=Dyhalto
There sort of is. You can Paypal money as a gift. "Hey, I heard you fell on hard times. Here's some $$$ to get you on your feet."

Actually, Cherry should make a potato salad Kickstarter and talk about how he's just too darn busy with all these non-profit patches to the 2k/3 series to fill a bowl with potato salad. If only he had a large sum of money...

See, there you go!
I think the "old" versions use DirectDraw, and new machines don't really like it. The new versions use something more modern. That's why they work fine in newer versions of Windows.
Rave
author=Cherry
For the reason that it's a lot of work, nobody pays me for it and I can't even accept donations for it or sell it or something because the RM2k3 Patch EULA prevents me from earning from patches of the official version.

Couldn't you do it in the spare time, when you have nothing better to do? Yeah, the progress would be slower (and I'm okay with that), but at least it would be there and it's not like another version of 2k3 is coming out soon anyway.

Your plugins weren't commercial to begin with, so I dunno what's your deal really is.

//edit: As long as just DynRPG is updated I'd be fine with it, because DynRPG is a masterkey.
Pages: first 12 next last