[RM2K] [RM2K3] WHY SEPARATE "TSUKURU" CATEGORIES?

Pages: first prev 12 last
author=Rave
author=Cherry
For the reason that it's a lot of work, nobody pays me for it and I can't even accept donations for it or sell it or something because the RM2k3 Patch EULA prevents me from earning from patches of the official version.
Couldn't you do it in the spare time, when you have nothing better to do? Yeah, the progress would be slower (and I'm okay with that), but at least it would be there and it's not like another version of 2k3 is coming out soon anyway.

Your plugins weren't commercial to begin with, so I dunno what's your deal really is.

//edit: As long as just DynRPG is updated I'd be fine with it, because DynRPG is a masterkey.
Are you for real? Why don't YOU do it in your spare time. Put off getting a job, having a life, having hobbies, and spend your time coding for strangers out of the goodness of your heart with no compensation. Even if you have to quit your job or school or whatever, I'm ok with that.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Rave
spare time, when you have nothing better to do?

d- Do people still have that?
author=Rave
Your plugins weren't commercial to begin with, so I dunno what's your deal really is.

My take on it is that the whole point of the rm2k3 localization was to do everything by the book this time while still for the fans by the fans. Yeah it's unfortunate the EULA doesn't go all the way to support that but it contradicts the whole point to go against it.

Don't you think it's awkward to be contracted to work on something only to violate the conditions surrounding it?
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
He'd only violate it if he makes the patches commercial, but DynRPG, BetterAES and other never were commercial to begin with.

And, @Link_2112 if I had the necessary knowledge and had these patches' sources, I would. You may be an a-hole, I'm not.
author=Rave
He'd only violate it if he makes the patches commercial, but DynRPG, BetterAES and other never were commercial to begin with.

And, @Link_2112 if I had the necessary knowledge and had these patches' sources, I would. You may be an a-hole, I'm not.

Well, Cherry wasn't born with an innate ability to program for RM2k3! he learned! You could give it a shot if you wanted to.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
"Gosh, why won't this person do something I want with their own limited free time when they get no possible compensation for it? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE WHY WON'T YOU WORK FOR FREE FOR MY BENEFIT?"
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
@Kentona, true but there are other non-rm2k3 skills needed. Such as ability to reverse-engineer exes and then change their coding to your liking. Then you need to get stuff like 2k3's memory map. I'm very pissed that Patch EULA disallows sharing data on how internals of the engine are laid out, otherwise I'm sure Cherry would be happy to share it.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Rave

Demanding someone use their spare time (of which you have no idea how much he has) for a huge undertaking for absolutely no compensation after they have clearly stated they're not going to do it is a pretty a-hole thing to do, you know?

Link used the same line of reasoning you did in a hyperbolic request and you called him an a-hole for it. Think for a second about what that means.
author=Red_Nova
Link used the same line of reasoning you did in a hyperbolic request and you called him an a-hole for it. Think for a second about what that means.

What he said.
Pages: first prev 12 last