ANOTHER DISCORD TABLETOP ROLEPLAYING GAME

Pages: 1
My schedule made it so I am not able to be in Morgan's Penance anymore. But it did whet my appetite for more tabletop roleplaying over discord. So I'd like to run a game. If anyone wants to join. (And warning, I haven't GMed anything in over ten years, so I'm probably rusty)

The schedule would be around 6/6:30pm - 9/10pm GMT on either Saturday or Sunday. I know Morgan's Penance runs a bit into that, but there's enough unused voice chat channels and if possible I'll run mine on the day that the Pathfinder one doesn't run. (so that when I can rejoin the Pathfinder one I'll be able to! :)

Rulesets though guys?

I have considered three settings. The first one is the one I want to do the most. But I'm pretty sure the other two could be fun too.

1. Cyberpunk
Based around the Swedish RPG Neotech. It's fairly classic cyberpunk, highly lethal, in the overcrowded dark future. The ruleset itself is fairly complicated but I have simplified it in the past for an over IRC version. Depending on how much people want to get into the rules part of it. I would love to do the full ruleset but I also understand that 1. I haven't played it in like ten years and 2. It's in Swedish so it'd be hard for other people to read up on the rules.

I also have a couple of modules for this game that I could possibly run straight up. If I can find an old Con-game I found online ages ago (I can't find it when googling, but I might have the files on some ancient flash drive) that could do well for a short introductory adventure.

Basically I would love to run this if people are up for it.

2. eSF-RPG
This is an old homebrew Sci-fi world I made ages ago. It's heavily inspired by Warhammer 40,000 but has a slightly lighter touch. More like the original wh40k rather than the superdark version nowadays. The game would probably be about low-level "regular" people within a vast uncaring system. I bought the Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition for use with this world waybackwhen. Though I've never actually run Savage Worlds but it could be used as a base.

This one would probably be either a military-based game. Or a game about a crew of some sort (with NPC 'crewmembers'). And I recall that Savage Worlds had some nice ideas about player controlled NPC allies which would fit nicely in a squad/crew mentality. (and also provide cannon fodder when the going gets tough :P)

3. Post-apocalypse
There is a Swedish RPG called Mutant: Undergångens Arvtagare ("Mutant: Heirs to the Apocalypse") which has a neat world (it also has older and newer editions, but the UA version is the one I own). And it could be cool to run some kind of postapocalyptic game. I will admit I haven't thought too hard about this one. But it'd probably be set in the Nordic postapocalypse, so that'd be fun :)

The thing the game has is sentient animals. So players can play as mutated animals as well as humans.

Alright so this was way more text than anyone should have to get through. But hit me up on discord though Direct Messages or in the #chatgames channel on the RMN Discord. Or post here. On most weekdays I'm online on Discord (and usually at home and available to voice chat) 8-10pm GMT.

And as I said the Cyberpunk one is the one I'd like to do most, the other ones are mostly there as backups in case everyone just really hates cyberpunk.
Okay so I found the convention scenario. So I would probably be okay with playing this weekend on Saturday or Sunday 6pm - 10 pm GMT. If people are available and interested.

The convention scenario is called "A loaded bag" (not really, but that's my terrible translation of it) and it is about four Venezuelan accountants (pre-generated characters) who play bridge together on Sundays and as they are leaving their game they find a bag.

I've translated the character descriptions and put them in my locker. So any players can choose from these guys. They are not google translated so the translation and word order might be weird occasionally. I basically just translated stuff as it came along from the original.

Hector Alfonso, 42 year old gambling addict - NeverSilent
Pedro Aguillar, 37 year old insect collector
Tomas Cortez, 25 years old and ambitious
Martinez Sanchez, 34 year old who wants to start a family

The Neotech ruleset is both incredibly complicated and very simple (like all RPGs I guess). The basics are that it is a "roll under" system with "exploding dice".

Normal rolls are 3d6 and you add or subtract dice depending on difficulty. An exploding die roll is written "ob3d6" and what it means is that every six you roll you add a die and reroll the six. The game is skill based and the basic character sheet has like twenty skills on it and there's loads of additional skills.

The complicated part of the game is basically in the detailed wound system. The game has a number of different hit points: the main ones are Pain, which increases the difficulty of doing things, Trauma, which determines if you die and Bloodloss, which determines if you pass out (and later die). There's also Bleeding, which determines how much Bloodloss you get each turn, Psychosis, which is used for panicking and Exhaustion, which like Pain increases the difficulty of doing things.

The game itself says it's completable in four hours. Of course this is my first time in ages GM-ing and there's also some slow-down due to it being in English and over Discord so I'm thinking it might take 2-3 sessions to finish this thing and it'll be pretty standalone. There's also the chance the scenario will be incredibly short and the characters will just be offed immediately. But let's hope not.

Consider this now official sign ups. Reply if you're available this upcoming weekend and which character you'd like to play. And as I said before I'm fairly often around and can answer any other questions. (also the characters in the list don't necessarily have to played the specific ways their backstories dictate. I'm pretty sure I'll allow most spins on them)
GMT = GMT-0? I'm in! your discord avatar is a default yellow one?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Whoops, I forgot to post in here to sign up. I should be able to make it this Saturday, but probably not Sunday. If Saturday works, that'd be great.
I'll go ahead and pick Hector Alfonso as my character, unless somebody else really wants him.
Neotech is probably my favourite rpg! I think I have everything released for it. I got excited at first, because I thought you were looking for Slumlords, another convention scenario I played waaaay back when

One of the best parts of this game is the rule for suppressing fire. You divide the number of bullets fired (rate of fire, recoil and mag matters too) so you can determine the density of bullets for each meter you are spraying at, then you roll that many six-sided dices where one is a hit and everything else misses. sooo satisfying

I'll have to look into my plans for the weekend, not sure I'm available but I'll post when I know

EDIT:
I just found my old complete MUTANT 2 box as well. This is amazing. the illustration for cyborgs is literally arnold schwarzenegger
author=Mr.Nemo
One of the best parts of this game is the rule for suppressing fire. You divide the number of bullets fired (rate of fire, recoil and mag matters too) so you can determine the density of bullets for each meter you are spraying at, then you roll that many six-sided dices where one is a hit and everything else misses. sooo satisfying

Yeah, spray and pray was never so satisfying in a game.

The scenario I have is actually a Neotech 1 scenario, I misremembered its name, but when I got the actual name I also found a .zip file in one of those old unmaintained rpg sites from the early 00s :)
Pages: 1