[POLL] BATTLE OF FINAL FANTASY LEADING MEN, FF7 & FF8!

Poll

Battle to the death, CLOUD vs SQUALL! - Results

CLOUD
56%
SQUALL
43%

Pages: first prev 1234 last
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
they have been transported to a neutral spot, the tenkaichi budokai.

how long have i had text under my touhou
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

This is rock solid. I can't poke a single hole in it.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
He is, but not in a sociopathic manipulator way. He's just antisocial and puts up a lot of walls.
worth noting that in the Japanese text squall is constantly saying "sorry..." not "whatever..."
He's very bad at talking shit. He is never shown trying to get a psychological edge on an opponent, ever, even when he has dirt on them (Seifer.) He probably wouldn't say one word to Cloud.

Squall saying "sorry" all the time is kind of heartbreaking.

I'd say he & Cloud could be friends but he'd probably think Cloud is a doofus.
The 14 people that voted for Squall probably think Mystic Quest is the best Final Fantasy lol. Just kidding of course, Cloud for the win.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=suzy_cheesedreams
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
He is, but not in a sociopathic manipulator way. He's just antisocial and puts up a lot of walls.
worth noting that in the Japanese text squall is constantly saying "sorry..." not "whatever..."
He's very bad at talking shit. He is never shown trying to get a psychological edge on an opponent, ever, even when he has dirt on them (Seifer.) He probably wouldn't say one word to Cloud.

Squall saying "sorry" all the time is kind of heartbreaking.

I'd say he & Cloud could be friends but he'd probably think Cloud is a doofus.

relevant reddit comment:

"The way Squall uses 悪かったな absolutely does have a sarcastic, comic tone. I would've translated it as "... yeah, my bad" (and not a plain "My bad." I would insist on the ellipsis. With more exaggeration, it'd be like, "(Uhh, sheez)... yeah, ok.... my bad (eye roll).") or "Sorry, I guess."
A Google search of 悪かったな gave this page where a native Japanese is asking other native Japanese about the nuance of 悪かった. The person who asked the question and the "voted bested" reply disagree on the seriousness of "悪かった" but agree that "悪かった" isn't quite an apology. You're just stating that you were at fault, i.e. "my bad." But Squall adds a な at the end, which works to soften the tone. In this case, he would be softening his "statement of being at fault." He's not even technically apologizing yet he's softening what he said, making it even less of an apology or statement of fault. The 5th and 6th Google results of 悪かったな are Twitter hashtags for the phrase "Sorry I'm ugly" and "Sorry I'm fat" both being used comically and sarcastically."

in both versions he just uses his catchphrase to brush people off. whatever sounds a bit harsher though
Ah I see XD

I thought it might mean a frustrated apology for being awkward, but no
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Everyone talks about what Cloud is able to survive and what Squall cannot. The problem is that Link beats Cloud in my previous video, but gets his ass handed to him by chickens.

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
But Zelda chickens are indestructible.
SunflowerGames

author=pianotm

In Link's Awakening I believe they can be killed with the flame thrower?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Zidane would win
Considering most/all the protagonists of FF fight and defeat superfluously powerful multi-dimensional beings by the end of the game maybe it would generally be a tie between any of them
SunflowerGames

author=Mirak
Zidane would win

After one of the first fights Zidane gets punched in the stomach by a regular guy. He shows quite a bit of pain and says something along the lines, "He was holding back."

Zidane is pretty weak as per this example.
author=kory_toombs
author=Mirak
Zidane would win

After one of the first fights Zidane gets punched in the stomach by a regular guy. He shows quite a bit of pain and says something along the lines, "He was holding back."

Zidane is pretty weak as per this example.

I enjoy Zidane as a character, but..... no. He can't compete with either of these two.
author=pianotm

I even just realized that in Hyrule Warriors .. just ... why?
Why place a single chicken randomly in a barred of location that is invincible to mock you, Link?

Anyway, can you use spikey hair as a weapon? I think so!

Edit: Just reading the opening post properly, why would a bigger sword be better? Fantasy swords are the most terribly unpractical things in the world lol. And if you had more power, speed is > weight, so go speed! Smaller weapon would do more damage (for swords), and yknow, make it able to swing hehe.
But that also implies we take a more realistic approach ..

SO I SAY HAIR SPIKE WEAPON!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
That grid was funny, but the 'literally beats up an icicle' killed me.
Pages: first prev 1234 last