[RM2K] HOW EASY IS IT TO SWITCH FROM THE PIRATED VERSION TO THE OFFICIAL VERSION?

Pages: 1
Assuming my game has all the files it needs, how easy is it to switch from the pirated to the official version of RM2K? I'm thinking of switching over my current project to that.
afaik it imports perfectly. The only things to look out for are:

1) Some of the RTP assets were renamed and it doesn't include the non-2k assets (if that's even still a thing). If you have it sorted out already then there's no issue here.

2) Resource hacks / patches to change limits like having 999999 switches or w/e. I think some limits were changed but not everything.

3) DynRPG patches (were there any 2k ones? idk)

I don't have official 2k or a 2k game to test with so I can't give any personal feedback though.
GreatRedSpirit pretty much has it. I converted one of my games from the old into the new by only needing to change the RTP. I wasn't using resource hacks or DynRPG patches, but I did have a few non-resource patches that were, so far as I can tell, simply removed upon the conversion. So ya, pretty easy.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well, in 2K3, all you have to do is open a game project in the official version that was made in the pirated version and it will automatically port it over. All you normally have to do is fix a few teleports and make sure all of the RTP properly transferred over. I don't know if it works the same way in 2000, but I'd be very surprised if it didn't.
Thanks for the tips, guys! Ported everything over and it works fine. Now to get used to the new program...
Pages: 1