DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME TILESETS WHICH ARE NOT RIPS. RM2K3

Pages: 1
Like I put in the subject line. Does anyone know where I can find additional tilesets for rm2k3/rm2k which are not rips?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
You can find some on this site if you click on resources (in development section).
For Mac&Blue, use your search engine. Or local search for First Seed material.
If you're willing to pay few bucks, there's Ocean's nostalgia pack, which is really great and cheap (Store or Itch.io).
What's Mac&Blue? I've seen the name pop up in a few places but I don't know what it is.

I'm assuming that anything which doesn't look obviously that it's from an existing game is fine to use. I mean, as opposed to Final Fantasy VI and V, Chrono Trigger, Pokemon, etc, which I can identify instantly.

If it doesn't have a credit for the person who made it originally, should I put down the current name next to it, or otherwise the website?
I'm not sure if they're royalty-free in the way that REFMAP is, but you could always use Theodore resources if you're okay with your game adopting a more "gritty" aesthetic. Some tiles are based on rips and some are completely original.

Deacon Barista uploaded (mostly) the entire collection in this thread.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Mac&Blue = REFMAP
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Didn't Liberty's Manor Map Madness games have a link to the REFMAP tilesets? Maybe a certain subset of them? It's been a while, so, I could be mis-remembering.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Mac & Blue is REFMAP, as Cap_H said. They currently go by First Seed Material.

Their site is gone for good, so you can't find them in a search, but this thread archives their work.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/15396/

EDIT: I don't know about 2K3's RTP, but if you use VX ACE or MV, then you're already using Mac & Blue since they made the RTP for those.
author=Blindmind
I'm not sure if they're royalty-free in the way that REFMAP is, but you could always use Theodore resources if you're okay with your game adopting a more "gritty" aesthetic. Some tiles are based on rips and some are completely original.

Deacon Barista uploaded (mostly) the entire collection in this thread.

Actually, Theo doesn't want people using his stuff anymore so I'd recommend not using them unless you're okay with basically using the equivalent of rips (in that they're not at all commercially viable and the developer rescinded permission to use them).
I've found the First Seed Map material and have downloaded it. I remember most of these, from when I used rm2k/3 ages ago.

Thanks for your help.
author=Liberty
Actually, Theo doesn't want people using his stuff anymore so I'd recommend not using them unless you're okay with basically using the equivalent of rips (in that they're not at all commercially viable and the developer rescinded permission to use them).
Interesting. Any idea why?

Edit: It strikes me as a bit pointless to "rescind" usage rights on graphics that were made almost a decade ago. Not that it's up to me, but it's unfortunate. He should consider releasing them as a resource pack, request monetary royalties, or whatever, but it'a s shame to see those resources wasted, when tiles for Rm2k3 are scarce enough as it is.
There's also the White Screw Shop graphics, which are what I use. Good if you want something that's a little darker than REFMAP.
Pages: 1