SLOW AS MOLASSES

Pages: first 12 next last
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Is it just me, or has the site really been dragging lately? Pages take forever to load, and my posts occasionally crash, with a 50/50 of actually going through. I dunno what's up, but it's quite a pain.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
When I logged on this morning, I noticed some multi-posting on Umbral Soul, and it was feeling a bit laggy on my end when trying to delete some of said posts.

So, I don't think it's just you, hali!
the CPU is pinned at 97% capacity again. I don't know why this is happening every few months.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Meanwhile, Luiishu octuple posted in Castle: Oblivion.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
It seems that the posts are going through, just not right away. They don't appear for a few minutes, but everything I've tried to post has shown up later (and been removed by me b/c argh).
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Seriouspost:

Just click the Submit button, then go to another tab and chill there for a while. Even if you get the System is Down message, your post almost certainly went through. No need to reload or anything.
Slower than Final Fantasy IX's battle system.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I always felt like VII battles dragged on way longer than IX battles did.
Sooz
Turns out reloading a thread after you post to confirm that the post went through doesn't always work and you get a false negative.

BE WARNED, TRAVELERS, THAT YOU DO NOT SUFFER THE SAME FATE I DID! Like wait an hour or something and then check I guess?
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I've tried to post the same comment about ten times, lol. Do we know what's causing the lag?
Sooz
author=Blindmind
Do we know what's causing the lag?

Gremlins, presumably.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Dang, skinny. You're slower than molasses in January.
RMN is very good at accepting posts but not very good at letting the user know they went through. Based on my last couple post experiences it's best to assume if you hit Submit it went through but is taking a long time to actually process it, even if it says RMN is down. Check to see if it did go through in a separate tab.

Now when the site is working and responding but submits are freezing and 5m later it still isn't showing your posts is where it gets tricky and you might end up making a very long series of posts in a row, speaking from experience.
MySQL process is currently consuming 2008% cpu capacity. Ankylo restarted the process but its still high. He will look closer tonight when he gets home
Sooz
author=GreatRedSpirit
RMN is very good at accepting posts but not very good at letting the user know they went through. Based on my last couple post experiences it's best to assume if you hit Submit it went through but is taking a long time to actually process it, even if it says RMN is down. Check to see if it did go through in a separate tab.

Now when the site is working and responding but submits are freezing and 5m later it still isn't showing your posts is where it gets tricky and you might end up making a very long series of posts in a row, speaking from experience.

Basically I think the site wants us to just press submit and then go outside and live life for a while.

Thank u RMN servers for caring about us
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Dang, skinny. You're slower than molasses in January.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=LordBlueRouge
https://rpgmaker.net/games/9903/reviews/5734/?post=836516#post836516 - 6 times

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23460/?post=836504#post836504 - 7 times

I'm going for 2!

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/23462/?post=836532#post836532

serious though, what's going on? what's up with the site?

Taken care of most of this mess, I think. Thanks for the links, LBR!
Sooz

tee hee the gremlins are still at it. :3
Pages: first 12 next last