GAME JAM INCOMING! ALL ARE WELCOME!

Pages: 1
Hi everyone! shyAway Games is a partner of The Greater Gaming Society of San Antonio and we will be hosting a global game jam in January! We are still ironing out all of the details, but if you're interested in participating, feel free to leave a comment below!

Also, if you're a game developer in the greater San Antonio, TX region and you're looking for the development community - we're it! So get in contact with us if you would like to be a part of the community!
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Hey, that's awesome! Some local love~
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I would definitely need more info; I tend to only participate when I have time and there's a really interesting theme.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Some general information about the jam would be nice, at least an overview.
As information is relayed to me - I will post it here, for sure. Just keep watch on the thread for updates... best advice that I have so far - but just keep in mind that there WILL be a game jam in January and, to the best of my knowledge, it will be a free entry sort of deal.

No news regarding theme, prizes, registration dates yet... but again, as details come to me, I will update as required!

But thanks for taking a general interest this early!
If the theme is good, I might jump on. :)
If I like the theme, or if there is not a theme I might try.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Alright, mild interest.
Since it's about three days to January, do you have any updates?
Specifically the theme.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Yeah it's kinda time to schedule things for next month
author=shyAwayGames
we will be hosting a global game jam in January!

Your event description matches the Global Game Jam where anyone can participate or register a site to host the event.
Soo....Is this still happening? Are we getting more information?

Will we have to wait until the next episode of dragonball z to find out? :(
The Global Game Jam is still happening. That's for sure.

If shyAwayGames's jam-site is not available, you can look for a site close to your location. Here is the page to run a site search.
Hey everyone! Yeah... Sorry about that. COMPLETELY HAD TO CALL OFF THE GAME JAM.

Some winner decided to break into my car 3 days before Christmas (where I had a 2 day drive to Illinois and a 2 day drive back to Texas) so all of the money I had planned for prizes (over $200, from yours truly) had to go towards a new car window and replacing everything that was stolen - isn't that grand?!

So let me formally apologize for not keeping on top of this to the community - and I will have to host another game jam for everyone at a later date.

For anyone interested in a game jam which is happening currently, there is the global game jam! Just check it out on Google, or I believe there was a link posted in this thread for the Global Game Jam!

Once again, my deepest apologies to everyone who had their heart set on this game jam. There was a lot of buzz going on about it - since we were also accepting entries from TCGs and Tabletop games in addition to Video Games.

Just can't have anything nice around here, I suppose. :(
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Holy crap, that's balls! :(
author=Sooz
Well, I found someone to do a last minute repair on the vehicle (literally a day before we departed the area) so it was a very, very close call and with the money I had left over, I bought my niece a gift for Christmas. :(

Wish I could've spent that money on the community, though - as I see a lot of good work that goes into the indie games published not just on this site, but itch.io and gamejolt as well!
Sooz
There's always the future!
author=Sooz
Sweet mercy, that sucks. :( Sorry to hear that happened to you

Ah well. There'll be other community events and jams.
Yeah it's still crappy though. Like I felt like this was a really good opportunity to learn a lot from everyone's submissions and get to know more people and give back to the community... and then some random just, quite literally, shatters all hopes of it happening.
Pages: 1