[RMMV] HOW TO EXECUTE BATTLE COMMANDS IMMEDIATELY

Pages: 1
You know how Guard always executes immediately, applying the Guard status to the user? Well, how can I make it so that happens with other commands, like Counter (for counter-attack), for instance?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
priority/speed. it's normally near the input boxes for accuracy and whatnot, i forget exactly where for mv.
Cool. Thanks. So I guess I should just set that to 1000 for Counter, etc., same as it's set by default for Guard.

---
Hmm... Not doing it. I still have to click on the player character or press Enter to execute the command. I want to be able to just select the command in the menu and have it execute straight away, without having to hit Enter a second time. Like with Guard by default...
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Do you mean you want the skill to not do the "select target" step?

If it's a skill called Counter that targets "self", then maybe you could make it target "none" instead, and then add the Counter effect via some line of script? Something like self.addstate(x) etc but I don't know the RMMV equivalent.
author=PineBox
Cool. Thanks. So I guess I should just set that to 1000 for Counter, etc., same as it's set by default for Guard.

---
Hmm... Not doing it. I still have to click on the player character or press Enter to execute the command. I want to be able to just select the command in the menu and have it execute straight away, without having to hit Enter a second time. Like with Guard by default...

If you mean you want it to activate outside of a turn, try Yanfly Instant Cast

Otherwise, I don't think you can bypass it without scripting. I believe Guard is treated as a command that activates whatever happens to be Skill number 2 in the skill list.
author=Dyluck
Do you mean you want the skill to not do the "select target" step?

Yes, exactly.

author=Dyluck
If it's a skill called Counter that targets "self", then maybe you could make it target "none" instead, and then add the Counter effect via some line of script? Something like self.addstate(x) etc but I don't know the RMMV equivalent.

I can see how it might be possible to do what you're describing by using Common Events. I'll give it a shot.

author=SgtMettool
If you mean you want it to activate outside of a turn, try Yanfly Instant Cast

I want it to occur within a turn, so...

author=SgtMettool
Otherwise, I don't think you can bypass it without scripting. I think MV treats Guard as a command, not a skill.

"A command, not a skill". Makes sense. I'll try out the method suggested by Dyluck's input above, and report back.

My thanks to both of you!
Alright. Reporting back. It works!

Here's what I did, using Counter as an example.

Counter (Skill)
-- launches
---- Counter (Common Event)
----- sets
------ Counter (State)

Works perfectly. Press the skill command in-battle, the actor gives himself the buff without having to confirm with a "select target" step.

Thanks again for the responses that lead to this solution.
Pages: 1