PIZZERIA SIMULATOR, WHAT ENGINE WORKS BEST?

Pages: 1
honestly, i come to you with this because i had an epiphany... ever since Scott Cawthon of FNAF fame released the Free-to-Play Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator, i asked myself... "dude, why hasnt there been a pizzeria sim like this? it's like nobody jumped on the idea before."

i'm like... it could be a total blast to play a serious pizzeria sim, where you build-up your own Pizzeria, create a mascot, and monopolize the market.

and you know what? if nobody else is gonna jump on this, then I WILL, cause it sounds as fun as Theme Park and Theme Hospital of it's time back in the day.

but before i even get to putting this into my R&D process - that's Research & Development for those who dunno - i need to know what game engine would be best to develop a simulation game like that?

please comment below which engine you think would be best, and feel free to comment about my idea, feedback will be appreciated.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I'm fairly sure you could do this in GMS should you learn proper GML.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Unity or Game Maker are probably the best thing for this.
author=kory_toombs

okay Unity or Game Maker huh? well if you had to pick, which of the two would you say is the most "noob-friendly"? :P
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I don't know how relevant it is to what you're thinking, but, the thought in my head is to maybe take a look at Tirawrmisu?
author=Marrend
I don't know how relevant it is to what you're thinking, but, the thought in my head is to maybe take a look at Tirawrmisu?

that's an interesting take, but i was thinking more along the lines of Theme Park, only set up in a building, where kids enter, paying their way in and play games as well as eat pizza.

if you are familiar with Theme Park, then you'd know what i am getting at, i dont blame you if you dont, Theme Park is a pretty old game.

anyways, continuing my explaination for those that dont, the game revolves more around setting up the building itself, turning it from an empty space of four walls and a roof to a supreme establishment, all the while you can listen to kids' opinions so more kids will come and the ones that stay spend more money.

changing details like how much cheese and toppings on the pizza, or the prize costs and how easy it is to obtain tickets playing games, the list goes on i could really say a lot more about it, but yeah look up Theme Park by Bullfrog and you'd have the gist of what i am trying to do, just on a smaller scale.
i want to get off mr bones wild ride
author=bicfarmer
i want to get off mr bones wild ride

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
author=TheGamingPaladin
author=kory_toombs
okay Unity or Game Maker huh? well if you had to pick, which of the two would you say is the most "noob-friendly"? :P

GM is easier to get started with because the GML language is deliberately simplified for this kind of purpose, and the engine automatically handles a few more things than Unity (or its rivals Unreal and GoDot) does. However, like with RM (but not nearly to the same degree), that immediate ease-of-use can sometimes translate into limitations that have to be awkwardly worked around.

For you game in question, it's possible that if you can get past the initial hurdles of Unity and friends' more traditional programming languages, then the data-heavy aspects of a sim might become easier to manage with their language's superior features.
hmm i see, so Unity and GM both have their pros and cons going on, i'm thinking though that i'll go GM and if i can get some work done, possibly get a team later, Unity may need to be switched to if the limitations prove to be too much.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Here's a list of successful games made with Game Maker:
https://www.yoyogames.com/showcase
That list includes: Hyper Light Drifter ->
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257850/Hyper_Light_Drifter/

Now here's a list with Unity:
https://unity3d.com/showcase/gallery
That list includes: Endless Legend ->
http://store.steampowered.com/app/289130/Endless_Legend/
Oh, yeah, it might be worth mentioning this game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247020/Cook_Serve_Delicious/

pretty sure this is Game Maker. Not the kind of sim you're talking about, but it is a sim.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Unity might be an overkill for one person. There's a big difference between making a small sim and Endless Legend. I know there are many smaller games made in unity, so maybe try it out first.

GM is a solid choice.

I would recommend Godot. This is one of the games on its showreel. It's free and probable simpler to get into than unity.

The best possible option is using something more open like Löve. Once you get the groundwork done, it's the fastest option.
Pages: 1