WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN PUBLISHER SERVICES?

Pages: first prev 123 last
author=Tuomo_L
Honestly, there's no risk for the indie guy, I'm the only one with the risk of making net losses.

The only thing that's ever been at risk in this thread is your credibility.

Take a guess at how that risk paid off based on the comments here.
author=visitorsfromdreams
author=Tuomo_L
Honestly, there's no risk for the indie guy, I'm the only one with the risk of making net losses.

Why?

For wanting to help new makers?

If you seriously think that I couldn't help a new indie developer, then you're living in a lie to yourself and try and underplay me for some reason.
author=Tuomo_L
author=Tuomo_L

Why?

If you seriously think that I couldn't help a new indie developer, then you're living in a lie to yourself and try and underplay me for some reason.

I think your intentions are good.

I think your ideas of how to help are misguided, that's all.
author=Tuomo_L
author=Tuomo_L

Why?

I think your intentions are good.

I think your ideas of how to help are misguided, that's all.

Thanks, I do accept ideas. One guy already got interested and I'll try and help him, I already gave him a big list of things that I noticed that can help improve his game, things that will give an overall better product.

As said before I really don't want to tell my numbers but I did mention higher wishlist average at the moment, so I guess I can say that at the moment my games are wishlisted in nearly 10k times. Now, of course this won't all translate to sales but if I'd not have any sort of publicity at all, there wouldn't be 10K people even finding my games to wishlist them. This also doesn't take into account of all the people who already own the games.
Like I don't share that sort of information even with my closest friends or even my parents. I can tell you though that my games are being bought worldwide, all across Asia, Japan and Africa.

Might as well keep it three continents there as Japan is part of Asia.

Anyhow, I think you've made it clear that you don't want to share sale figures and yet people will keep asking for them. They want to be reassured about possibly trusting you but you won't reveal what they want to know. Might as well leave it at that otherwise this thread will just keep on repeating itself. People won't be satisfied with your answers and you trying to convince them by providing other arguments which they're not interested in.

I think as developers we're all instinctively wary of people who provide "peripheral" services which involve money. It's probably natural to be suspicious of anyone offering non-game related services which will influence income.

I don't think you have bad intentions but I think you're approaching this awkwardly. For one thing, creating a thread here really isn't going to do anything apart from getting criticisms for you to implement/ignore. Focus on social media and make a name for yourself and then people will be much more trusting of your services.

Pages: first prev 123 last