WOULD THIS SYMBOL BE UNDERSTANDABLE FOR A SLEEP STATUS? RM2K3

Pages: 1
I'm thinking of using this representation which was used in the Asterix comics for when a character was sleeping. A saw going back and forth through a log (Snoring).

Do you think enough people would get this, or would it be better just to go with the old Zzz?

Does anybody know what the thing is in Final Fantasy IV that when they're asleep they blow bubbles out their nose or something?

One last question. If a character is under multiple status conditions, will it cycle through the animations if you have different animations set for different conditions?
Could you show us a picture of the symbol?
author=MoonWolfV
I'm thinking of using this representation which was used in the Asterix comics for when a character was sleeping. A saw going back and forth through a log (Snoring).

Do you think enough people would get this, or would it be better just to go with the old Zzz?
Might need some form of establishment to be understood by anyone who hasn't read Asterix in a while, or at all.

Does anybody know what the thing is in Final Fantasy IV that when they're asleep they blow bubbles out their nose or something?
It's a manga/anime convention. The idea is that people won't realise they have a runny nose when they're asleep, and will blow nose bubbles. Not sure where it originates, but it's in everything, not just FFIV.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Most people in the U. S. would understand the euphemism of "sawing logs", but I'm not sure about anyone anywhere else. It's pretty well established in American cartoons, particularly older Disney and Warner Bros. cartoons.
I think I'll go with the traditional Zzz symbol.

Thanks for mentioning that it would likely be understood in the US, pianotm.
Pages: 1