[POLL] WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE UNIVERSE AND WHY?

Poll

What is your favorite universe? - Results

Marvel
2%
D.C
0%
Star Wars
8%
Star Trek
11%
Harry Potter
2%
Lord of the Rings
2%
Chronicles of Narnia
0%
Fallout
5%
Skyrim
2%
Zelda
14%
Mario
0%
Hunger Games
0%
Game of Thrones
2%
The Walking Dead
0%
Grand Theft Auto
0%
Spawn
0%
Pokemon
8%
Digimon
2%
Monster Rancher
0%
Yu-Gi-Oh
0%
Other - Universe Not Mentioned
34%

Pages: first 123 next last
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Among all worlds and themes, what is your absolute favorite? From books to movies, tv series, comics and games, what captures your attention and love beyond others?

And most importantly, why?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Forcing me to choose between Star Wars and Star Trek is purely evil. There's no punishment too great for you.

I have been forced to choose Star Wars because its universe is literally limitless. It even allows for magic and since it takes place in a galaxy far, far away, there is almost nothing to restrain it.

I will still contend that Star Trek tells the best stories, but as for a universe to explore, Star Wars passes it by miles.
Adventure Time easy, that place looks like a blast to live in.
InfectionFiles
I was gonna add cartoons and animes but didn't(I wish I did) want a huge list.

edit- I even tried to edit the poll after the fact to include more but couldn't!

@piano- I know! I'm sorry :( I love the semi- realism of Star Trek but ultimately love even more the fantastical universe of Star Wars.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Pokemon because the worst threat most of the time is organized criminals who can be beaten by a ten year old.
InfectionFiles
author=Sooz
Pokemon because the worst threat most of the time is organized criminals who can be beaten by a ten year old.
Seems like an easy world to get along with! Though in reality, pokemon could be pretty scary.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Well, yeah, but they stick to the tall grass.
author=visitorsfromdreams

I don't know who you are but I'd like to have your children.
InfectionFiles
author=Sooz
Well, yeah, but they stick to the tall grass.
As far as we know mowers and weed eaters don't exist! And what about caves! And like, interior buildings sometimes.
One Piece.

Though I'm very favourable of Suikoden, Naruto and Harry Potter universes as well.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I'll vote for Skyrim, even though you should have just said The Elder Scrolls, since it's all part of 1 universe.

Some of the universes you have are not very interesting, such as Zelda or Mario. Good games, but would I want to live in that universe? Grand Theft Auto is too close to real life to be a universe, isn't it?

Where's things like:

Wheel of Time (The one power gives you the power to control people, travel to different locations, heal people, create fire balls.)

Sword of Truth (Just so I can tell Richard Rahl that he I think everything he says is pretentious and a flat out lie. Just to be there to constantly call BS to every word that he says.)

Magic: The Gathering (Why settle for a broken game like Yu-Gi-Oh! when you can travel to different planes and be a god like being who can summon creatures to your aid.)

Practically any Visual Novel (So I can be harassed by the girls of course...)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
  • Wing Commander - Privateer

I just really appreciate not needing to go to an interview to have a job. Granted, all the jobs available on Mission Computers are all one-shot temp deals, but, the jobs are never in short supply.

• Almost any reality with mecha

I just really like the idea of giant robots, okay?

• Xeen

Probably my favorite world in the Might and Magic series, and where a number of the titular heroes of the first two Heroes of Might and Magic games are from. That was probably the biggest draw of Heroes 1/2 for me, if I must be honest. Though, the idea of being on a literally flat world might be interesting/awkward. Unless I'm there after the events of MM 4/5, and the world has been made round?
InfectionFiles
I was gonna try and push the poll to see how many entries it could have but stopped. Anyone know?

And yeah, I forgot some good ones like MTG and Heroes of Might and Magic. But I was trying to stay away from also just stating the kinda same thing over and over. Fantasy setting! I get it!

DnD, Warcraft, Starcraft Diablo, etc I really could have kept going and probably should have tried. :(
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Aren't all the Nintendo universes technically sub-universes of the Pokémon universe? After all, the Pokémon universe has all the Nintendo consoles in it.

All the different cartridges of Pokémon are also an interconnected Multiverse, as shown by Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire's "Link Cable" machine.
InfectionFiles
That seems more like an afterthought or just plain referencing rather than lumping them all into the pokemon universe.

It's definitely one of the better universes, though! So, sure. However you look at it is fine too.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Dragon Age's Thedas is my jam. It's quite classic fantasy, but Origins came at the right time to hit me like a rock.

Might and Magic has some pretty inspiring worlds, which are mixing ridiculous amounts of fantasy with technology.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Dragonball universe, aside from the occasional alien invasion or whatever it seems like a lovely world with some cool technology. Plus, anythings better than this fucking place.
InfectionFiles
author=Tau
Dragonball universe, aside from the occasional alien invasion or whatever it seems like a lovely world with some cool technology. Plus, anythings better than this fucking place.
Good call! Can't believe I missed that one! But oh yeah, I wasn't doing animes. Shit.

Honestly though, you'd just be a tiny pawn that lives and dies at the whim of like 5 people.
author=Pancaek
author=visitorsfromdreams
I don't know who you are but I'd like to have your children.

I get that a lot. B)
Sooz
author=InfectionFiles
Honestly though, you'd just be a tiny pawn that lives and dies at the whim of like 5 people.

Listen they only destroy buildings on Sunday, when nobody is working there.
Pages: first 123 next last