YOUR GAM IN A NUT SHELL

Pages: first prev 12 last
Ah, don't worry about making use of cliches! If that's what you want to write in then by all means go for it, the most important thing is execution. Of course, taking risks is a good way to grow as a game developer too so there's no wrong answer tbh :D
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Aegix_Drakan
I saw this years ago and was like "Oh crap, I actually use two of these cliches in my first released game. The 'The monsters are getting stronger here too' and 'final final battle involves random new plot device skill/s that are the only reason you win', what do I do?!" XD

Then again, not all tropes are bad if used correctly...right? R-right? >_>

Seriously though I cracked up all over again at "See you in 40 to 60 hours!", and the Inciting Incident festival sounds like a great time. I should see if there are any local ones...

We've all done it. I have a talking cat in literally every game I've published.
author=AtlasAtrium
Ah, don't worry about making use of cliches! If that's what you want to write in then by all means go for it, the most important thing is execution. Of course, taking risks is a good way to grow as a game developer too so there's no wrong answer tbh :D

yeah but please still try to push yourself to be creative
I mean you're going to have cliches in your game no matter what. If you try to avoid every trope possible, you'll end up with basically nothing.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Or something like Un Chien Andalou. Which, I mean, that's a valid thing, but I can't imagine most players want to play it.

Edit: Actually, Un Chien Andalou wouldn't count as entirely trope free, either, now that I think of it... I'm not sure what a trope-free work would look like. Maybe Warhol's Empire?
Pages: first prev 12 last