WHO'S THAT NICKNAMED RMN MEMBER?!

Pages: first 123 next last
I go by kentona on RMN, and a variation on that on places like Twitter and youtube and Steam (because kentona is almost always taken) kentonagbone. On RMN's Discord I am Discord Stu (kentona). Twitter is @kentonagbone. I also am one of the managers of RMN's twitter @rpgmaker (you can tell when it's me when the posts are snarky or dumb), and my Hero's Realm alternate account @heros_realm

I have not had a name change on RMN, so I have no history there. On other RM sites I am also known as 'kentona' going all the way back to 2004 when I stopped lurking on GW and made an account.

The A is for ANDERSON. kentona is a lame username, based on my real name, Kenton Anderson. It is pronounced 'Kenton A.'

'gbone' was one of my highschool nicknames (The G is for GIGANTIC). I regret not going with gbone back in 2004.

What's your username history? And Twitter handle (so that I have an idea who I am interacting with on Twitter using RMN's official account)?

P.S.
it is a lowercase 'k', always. Kentona is wrong.
Arcmagik was my first AOL account that I got to make for myself. I was like 14 and super into D&D... it was a derivative of Archmage. I am pretty sure I tried Archmagi and it was taken too. So I did Arcmagik because I thought the k was kooler than the c... hah See what I did there! I was a kid when I made it and it just stuck with me.

I am Arcmagik on RMW too. My handle on Twitter is Shifty Eyes Media well because when I was thinking about a "studio" name for game making I used *shifty eyes* a lot in messages. As you can see I have no excuse for this one such as I was a kid lol.

And on Discord my nickname Arcibald "Arcie" Andrews is a play off Archie Comics.
SgtMettool comes from:

Sgt: I had a Sgt. Frog/Keroro Gunso phase
Mettool: A briefly-used localization for the Mega Man enemies now known as Mettaurs

I usually shorten it to Sgt M nowadays since it sounds like an old AIM screen name, doesn't roll off the tongue all that well, and I've been using it since 2008 or so.

Torch60 is the name I use for my Gamedev stuff. It's an inside joke from when I was speedrunning Dragon Quest I, in which part of the speedrun involves resetting a treasure chest that has a 1/16 chance of having a valuable item you sell for money (15/16ths of the time, it's a Torch). I held the unfortunate record of having to reset the chest 60 times during a race, but that record has since been broken.
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I used to think it was ketona, without the first n, and that you were a girl. Also, I refuse to believe your story about 'gbone'.

Dyluck was a guy in Secret of Mana. He was a knight. I wanted to play a knight in an online game, so I named my character Dyluck. I ended up becoming a mage.
My first MMO character was a knight named Jema, incidentally.

BadLuck was the name of the band in the anime Gravitation, which I hadn't actually seen but thought the band name was cool. I don't use this nickname anywhere but the RPGMakerverse.
author=Dyluck
I used to think it was ketona, without the first n, and that you were a girl. Also, I refuse to believe your story about 'gbone'.

it started as 'Kenny', then quickly 'Kenny G' (obvious evolution). Eventually sometimes it was just 'G'. Someone thought it was funny to pronounce the G as 'guh', so sometimes it was 'Kenny guh', or just 'guh'. Out of the blue one day as we were getting dressed for a hockey practice, one of the guys called me 'G-bone' and it was (apparently) hilarious to us bunch of 15 year old boys and it stuck.

Kenny
Kenny G
G
guh
Kenny guh
G-bone
guh-bone

In my highschool yearbook a girl signed it 'to g-bone (the G is for gigantic)'. I should go see if I can dig it out of my storage room and take a pic. I did not have relations with this girl.

Also, unrelated, some years later I joined an adult rec hockey team, and the player-coach couldn't remember my name and called me 'Kilt' (he knew it started with a K). That name then stuck (of course). I am not Scottish.

Moral of the story: hockey players are bad with names.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I feel like this thread is baiting me.

You'd think there's some wacky story behind mine, but nah. When I was playing Pokémon Silver way back in the day, every time I got one of those stupid mail items, I'd write HALIBABICA!!! on it and sell it right after. When I got my first email address, that was what I used, and it's been my online moniker ever since. I've never used anything else (though my main email is now a boring professional one).

So it's a nonsense word with no other meaning. Makes it easy to dredge up my past in Google, though.
I legit thought it was "Kentona be gone", and then I looked at it more closely and saw "GB One" (as in Gameboy)

But G Bone?

That took me by surprise.
I always read it as kento(n)-nag-bone. Such a nag nag nag.

Shinan was my first tabletop character. An elven ranger. I never actually got to use him since I was the one who owned the rpg books so I was the one who had to GM in the end. But mostly I just made a bunch of Shinans in various settings of various types. (including but not limited to: A cyberpunk assassin who used swords... of course, a space fighter pilot squad leader and a hermit who lived underground in the subway.)

It was probably on the GW RP forums that I in the end created the "final" Shinan. Who was also a character in my first NaNoWriMo novel. (That Shinan is a slightly down on his luck servant of an Evil Necromancer. He has the unfortunate power of being able to talk to ghosts.)

My namechanges are always just variants of Shinan. When Shinan started being taken online (it usually wasn't for the longest time actually) I started using Shinanite. A Shinanite being a follower of Shinan I guess? (in eight grade I created my own religion, though the followers of that one weren't called shinanites, but jananites)

In my very earliest days online I actually used the name "Jan from Finland" until I found out that most places don't accept spaces in nicknames. So for a while I was JfF in some tiny places too.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Jeroen_Sol is just my real name, Jeroen Sol. Don't bother trying to Facebook stalk me, I don't have a Facebook account.

On youtube and most other places I'm SolMasterzzz. It's a name I came up with when I was like 12. Sol because it's my last name, and the triple Z because at that stage of the internet it was customary to add unnecessary Zs at the end of things.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Jeroen_Sol
Jeroen_Sol is just my real name, Jeroen Sol.

That is a really cool real name. Is this the same with Bart?

Contrary to popular belief, my username has nothing to do with RPG spells. It comes from the band Yellow Magic Orchestra.
Sure thing, Pee Wizard
Cheese dreams joke from The Mighty Boosh + Suzy Creamcheese from The Mothers of Invention song. I wish I could have thought of something better, haha. One idea was to use a phonetic misspelling of my real name (it's not Suzy).

Which I still might do, now that I've thrown money at RMN.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
The way I read kentona:

I don't remember when I used cap_h for the first time. It started as Captain_Hovado, which I my twitter. I often use Capage and DJ Capage. I pronounce Capage french (or what sounds to me as french) and Cap_H with english pronouncation.
My original internet name before this was Wencastorix, which I used on a Warcraft 3 forum and for my runescape character. I was into celts back then and this nick was inspired with my real name and fake gaullic names in Asterix.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Ten thousand years Ages ago, my two brothers and I had a Commodore 64, and Might and Magic I - Secret of the Inner Sanctum. At the time, we didn't have extra floppies to go around, so, we only really ever had one disk to save our characters on. There was also a maximum character roster limit of 15, or so. I could be wrong on the roster limit, but, we eventually agreed to each have a party of 5. My eldest brother initially named his party members after people he knew in real life, but renamed them at some point later.

Suffice it to say, the character that was formerly named after me was renamed to "Marrend".
My Diablo 2 druids name is Vercingetorix
if you had posted this a few days later it would've been exactly one year after this status-thread of the same subject
https://rpgmaker.net/users/StarSkipp/statuses/6347/

crazy

e: did slash ever show us the scans??
I can see us 20 years down the line, not answering questions anymore, just posting a link to the last time the question was answered.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=kentona
'gbone'

Well I guess that explains your avatar.

My nickname is my nickname in real life. :I
Pages: first 123 next last