NEED TO KNOW HOW TO "RESET" MY STEAL SYSTEM [RM2K3]

Pages: 1
What condition, etc, would I choose to make the switch for a successful steal be turned off so the steal command can be used again in the following battle?

Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I'm guessing on the battle events page, you make a condition for when command "Steal" is used, and then probably for each enemy target:

if switch x is on
> message: nothing to steal
else
> message: stole something!
> add item something
> turn on switch x

Then have a global common event outside of battle that always turns all those switches off?
author=MoonWolfV
What condition, etc, would I choose to make the switch for a successful steal be turned off so the steal command can be used again in the following battle?

Hi MoonWolfV, ❤

If you're still interested in creating a steal command in rpgmaker2003, please check out/study Aten's Steal & Scan Template, formerly from RM Tutorials available here.

It is probably one of the best Steal/Scan Tutorials because it's so easy to use and understand.

PepsiOtaku used it in his game Everlasting Journey.
I used it in my own game that I haven't released yet.

It's very simple: you can steal up to 8 monsters in battle - you can steal anything, money, items, etc - you can even steal multiple items from a monster, multiple times and set your own success rate of the item you're trying to steal.

you can quickly copy and paste the skill into other battles (The idea is to have a master battle and quickly copy and paste that master battle, for other battles in order to add new monsters.)

But yes, this takes some knowledge to learn how to use, but it's very easily the best way to learn how to create a proper stealing system in rpgmaker2003.

I'll probably upload a gif later on and show ya what it looks like and maybe glance at it for the answer. But ya, for now, take a look at Aten's dbsm. it should answer most of your questions.
----
EDIT: I just took a quick look at my old game and the steal system I had in it. Similar to Aten's Template above - because you can have a maximum of 8 Enemies in it, You need to create 8 switches for each Enemy:

So 1 Switch "Steal"

and then 8 switches for

"Stolen1"
"Stolen2"
"Stolen3"
"Stolen4"
"Stolen5"
"Stolen6"
"Stolen7"
"Stolen8"

Once you're done stealing from the enemy, you turn ON one of these switches, so the player can no longer steal from the enemy.

But make sure at the beginning of every battle, make a "Turn count 0" Call Event and turn all 8 Stolen Switches OFF so the player can steal again in the next battle.

Example:

Beginning of Battle:

Turn 0 - Call Event: Turn All "Stolen" Switches 1-8 Off

first steal attempt:

Player Uses Command - Turn "Steal" Switch ON
If Steal is Turned ON - Branch if "Monster 1" is Targeted
Add 1 Medi Kit
Turn "Stolen 1" On

second steal attempt:

Player Uses Command - Turn "Steal" Switch ON
If "Stolen 1" is Turned ON - Branch if Monster 1" is Targeted
------

...But ya, You might have to do this in reverse order, because rpgmaker2003 works better with "else" condition handlers.

EDIT2: Something like this:

Yeah, like what Dyluck mentioned

...But yeah, I apologize for the over explaination, carefully take a look at Aten's dbsm template, he explains it better.

Let me know if this helped ❤
Thanks LordBlueRouge

It works perfectly.
Pages: 1