[POLL] MOOGLES VS CHOCOBOS

Poll

Which do you prefer the chocobo or the moogle? - Results

Chocobo
41%
Moogle
58%

Pages: first prev 12 last
Mog can ride chocobo but chocobo can't ride Mog, so I think Mog will win.
StevieRayBones
I refuse to grind with monsters I've just met for money.
author=Scourge
author=StevieRayBones
author=Jeroen_Sol
author=Yellow Magic
FFXII has Moogles who architect airships. I think they win this one.
But Final Fantasy Fables has a cbocobo that explores dungeons Pokémon Mystery Dungeon style, dives into magic fairy tale books to change the environment and is also a summoner with Yu-Gi-Oh cards.
Good argument for the chocobo, but it will take the Washington Post coming out with dirt on the moogles to turn this poll around, at this point.
This just in: Six Women Accuse Montblanc of Sexual Harassment
author=Perang_Cemen

It looks like Mog, too, is being accused of disturbing behavior.How many chocobos did Mog ride? :0

Just kidding .. probably the winning point in it's most simplistic form. The Moogle has more intellect.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Perang_Cemen

That isn't an argument for moogles or against chocobos.

An animal you can ride is infinitely more useful than one you can't ride.

Besides, a human can ride a horse, but if a horse throws you off and kicks you in the face, you are very dead. Same with chocobos. You think a moogle's gonna survive Choco Meteor?
StevieRayBones
Can the occasional chocobo overcome the occasional Moogle? Sure just as the human can be be killed by a horse. But usually the moogles seem to have intellect on par with humans while the chocobo would have intellect on par with horses. If humans and horses go to war, wouldn't the humans win?
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Do moogles have intellect on par with humans though? Because weapon making is the only reason humans would win against horses. So if moogles can't do that, they're going to lose.

We've seen moogles wielding weapons, but we've also seen chocobos wearing armour. Obviously humans make chocobo armour, but don't humans also make moogle weapons?
StevieRayBones
It is a good challenge to my premise. I believe a war with these 2 Dynamics is also won by the ability to out think and out organize the enemy. The moogles have demonstrated an ability to build, think, come together. There's no doubt the chocobo in it's warking and animalistic way can come together, but generally from what we've seen from these 2 species, I believe the Moogle will out think the chocobo. Both can use magic, but which is more likely to be more deliberate and strategic with their assault?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Jeroen_Sol
author=Perang_Cemen
That isn't an argument for moogles or against chocobos.

An animal you can ride is infinitely more useful than one you can't ride.

A moogle can ride you! HARHAR
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Moogles can deliver mail, help defend a sorceress from Kefka's minions, and run hunting clubs. Chocobo's are beasts of burden.

The argument that Chocobos are better because you can ride them is pretty weak.
Jeroen_Sol
Well, my main argument really is that Chocobos are more useful to humans than Moogles are. The being able to ride Chocobos plays into that.

Since Chocobos are basically horses that can also fly sometimes, it's fair to treat them as horses. And horses have driven so much of human progress throughout history. They have been indispensable in farming, transportation, warfare, everything.

But the main problem is I can't really come up with a real life equivalent to Moogles. They're highly intelligent, but not as intelligent as humans, I'm pretty sure, and while chimps and crows and the like are all intelligent animals, they're still far less intelligent than Moogles. So comparing them would be a disservice to Moogles.

In which case, let's not try to find a real-life equivalent to Moogles and look at their social structure. (Which is still hard since Moogles have changed so much over the course of the series.) But Moogles are often shown to be wary of humans, living in forests, only the adventurous ones not avoiding contact with humans. Even in games where they do have contact with humans, they mostly don't do much beside trading and delivering letters. (There are notable exceptions, of course.) But, while that's certainly very useful, humans can do that themselves too. What humans can't do, is run as fast and far as Chocobos can, or carry as much weight as Chocobos can.

So really, my argument is that with Chocobos basically being horses, human culture wouldn't be where it is in the games without them. Humans can do without Moogles. Not without Chocobos.

Also Chocobos are birds and I love birds.
StevieRayBones
Good pivot! Might should have included that Montblanc was accused of sexually harassment though
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Liberty
Moombas.
I loved the Moomba to the point of having a Yahoo! Chat RP character for it. But then I found out where they came from and it ruined the species. Those gross ass mole men.

Also, Chocobo pls. Kweh Kweh!
I loved Chocobo Racing, Chocobo Dungeon, and Chocobo Fables. The chibi-chocobo series is awesome. Mog is cute and hilarious in that series, but the plucky feathered knight is still so great. EB Games recently started selling plushies of moogles and chocobos, and I desperately want to find a basic non-job class chibi chocobo! He can sit on my art desk.
Jeroen_Sol
Definitely. Chibi Chocobo is best Chocobo.

Look at how cute and fluffy he is!
Pages: first prev 12 last