CONSOLES & FAVOURITE GAMES

Pages: first 12 next last
List the consoles you own (or owned) and your favourite game on each one.

PC (since about 1995, iirc)
Diablo 2: LOD
-judging by the game I played the absolute most and still love to this day, though I haven't played it earnestly for years and years now. But any game where I played for a solid decade is a solid candidate for my favourite all time. I play a bunch of Diablo 3 now that it no longer sucks balls.
Honourable mentions: Command & Conquer, SW:TOR, SimCity 2000

Atari 2600
Phoenix
-a fun little game (aren't all Atari games little?). I played this a bunch when I was little.
Honourable mentions: Asteroids, Pac-Man, Solar Fox

Nintendo Entertainment System
Super Mario Bros 3
-I was just playing this yesterday. One of the best games ever made.
Honourable Mentions: Dragon Warrior IV, Dragon Warrior III, DuckTales, Mega Man 3

Super Nintendo
Final Fantasy VI/Chrono Trigger (tie)
-I still can't decide which RPG is the greatest of all time, but both were on the SNES. The SNES has one the best catalogue of games ever made, imho.
Honourable Mentions: Kirby Super Star, Secret of Mana, TMNT IV, a dozen other games...

N64
Super Smash Bros.
-Still my favourite Smash, as all of the rest suffer from roster bloat. The simplicity and purity and novelty (at the time) of a 4 person brawler with straightforward controls was a brilliant combo.
Honourable Mentions: GoldenEye, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64

Xbox
Knights of the Old Republic
-or maybe KOTOR2? Both are excellent games, among the best RPGs ever made.
Honorable Mentions: Simpsons Hit & Run, Amped, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Burnout 3

Wii
Smash Bros Brawl
-I liked a lot of Wii games, but never really fell in LOVE with any of them. I played a ton of Smash, though.
Honorable Mentions: Dokapon Kingdom, Wii Sports, Celebrity Sports Showdown (serious!)

Nintendo DS
Dragon Quest IX
-very reminiscent of DQIII. A very fun RPG.
Honourable Mentions: ...hard to say. I mostly played remakes, remasters, and ports on my DS, like Disgaea, Chrono Trigger, Civilization. I'd have to check my collection

Nintendo 2DS
No idea. I never get to play the thing. Kids always have it. I like the Kirby games and Smash Bros.

Playstation 3
Rockband
-Hands down the game I loved the most from the PS3. I own a bunch of other games, but never play them.
Honorable Mentions: none. I never invested any time in playing other games on my PS3. One day I will get around to play Dragon Age...

Wii U
Super Mario 3D World
-a real blast to play with the family, filled with incredibly creative levels and ideas. The Wii U has a great library of games - some of my favourite all time!
Honourable Mentions: Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker

Nintendo Switch
-I only just got it. I haven't opened Breath of the Wild yet (I've heard good things!) nor tried Mario Odyssey. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is solid (and they fixed the battle mode!)

Android Phone
Angry Birds Epic
-based again on sheer amount of time playing this, even though I don't play it anymore. Most fun I've had in a mobile game to date.
I'm just going to do strange choices for the heck of it.

NES
Tecmo Cup Soccer
Football + RPG. It's the game that later made me interested in football management games. I wish there were more games like this. Though I guess with the indies nowadays there probably is.
Honourable mentions: SMB2, Street Gangs, Zelda 2, Snake Rattle n'Roll, the last one was probably terrible, but this is about nostalgia goggles.

Game Boy
Link's Awakening
The Ballad of the Wind Fish was so great I tried to tape it. It sounded awful. But the game is great. I remember it being one of the first and only Zelda games I tried to break a bit by doing the dungeons in the wrong order and stuff like that.
Honourable mentions: Pokemon Red, Sword of Hope

N64
International Superstar Soccer 2000
A football game that also included a dating simulator where you'd practice your player and date girls. Probably one of the very earliest versions of single-character career modes out there. I wish the games played hadn't been only like the last fifteen minutes of games. I would have liked to have played defenseman for a full game. But I guess there are games that might do that nowadays.
Honourable mentions: Resident Evil 2, Perfect Dark, Lylat Wars

Gamecube
Resident Evil 4
I've been a fan of the RE games for a long time. I was a bit suspicious of RE4's direction at first but it worked out just fine.
Honourable mentions: Super Smash Bros Melee, Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader

Nintendo DS
Elite Beat Agents
Music games are pretty awesome. And few are as awesome as this. The music choice works most of the time even though it's just covers that are not quite as good as the originals.
Honourable mentions: Professor Layton, Henry Hatsworth, Meteos

Wii
Excite Truck
Excitebike was pretty awesome and this game was also awesome from time to time. Especially when it worked :) When it didn't. Not so much. But a perfect landing boost in combination with that attempt at hard rock soundtrack.
Honourable mentions: Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero: Metallica, Super Smash Bros Brawl

I didn't personally own an SNES or a Playstation, but I played a bit of NHL94 on the SNES. It was pretty fun. And probably Final Fantasy 7 or Resident Evil 3 on the Playstation.

PC
All the good games.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
PC
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
GBA
Pokémon Emerald
I've played a lot of games on the GBA, but only one I sank hundreds of hours into.

Gamecube
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's edition
Yeah, it's technically a port. But it has four Zelda games on it, including my favourite of the series, Majora's Mask. What's not to love? Metroid Prime 2 is a close second though, followed by Wind Waker and Metroid Prime. Lots of great Nintendo games on the Gamecube.

PSP
Ape Escape. What a neat little game. Love everything about it.

Nintendo DS
Ace Attorney Investigations 2
Technically I didn't play it on the DS, since it's a fan translation and I played it on an emulator. Still, it's my favourite game from the series, and my favourite series of all time, so y'know. If we're talking games I actually own, then Trials and Tribulations.

Wii
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Almost all the games I played on the Wii were kinda meh. The only four I can think of that were better are Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Brawl. It's kind of a toss-up between Twilight Princess and Brawl, but Brawl wins out in the end due to the many hours of fun I had with it with my friends.

Nintendo 3DS
Spirit of Justice
I really like Ace Attorney, okay? Dual Destinies was such a disaster that Link Between Worlds and Pokémon Moon end up ahead of it, but Spirit of Justice was a very decent Ace Attorney game.

PC
I really don't know. There are too many to choose from. But Portal 2 is definitely very high up there if it's not in first place.

Android phone
Fire Emblem Heroes
I've enjoyed Final Fantasy Record Keeper for a long while, but it started to wear on me, and Fire Emblem Heroes has been more fun. They're gatcha games but I've never had to spend money on either. I have to say though that recently Heroes has been kind of starting to wear on me a bit, but that may just have been since there were too many events going on at once. I also bought the Final Fantasy Tactics port, which is fun, but the menus are kind of unintuitive, and I keep dying on the fourth battle, so I haven't gotten very far, haha.
Gameboy color
mega man xtreme 2
its a mix of the first and second mega man x, my first experience with the series
Honourable mentions: bomberman pocket, pokemon silver
GBA
harvest moon friends of mineral town
first game i played that was a non violent rpg, played this game more than pokemon and absolutely loved it
Honourable mentions: mario tennis,Pokemon emerald

nintendo ds
castlevania order of ecclesia
still one of my favorite metroidvania games to this day
Honourable mentions: castlevania portrait of ruin,harvest moon ds,worms 2

nintendo 64
Legend of Zelda ocarina of time
first game of the series i played, still hate the water temple though
Honourable mentions: Wayne greski hockey, perfect dark, mario kart

wii
little king story
its was like pikmen but without the dumb time limit, you can also build a tiny kingdom which i though was cool
Honourable mentions: loz twilight princess, smash brawl

psp
dragon ball z tenkaichi tag team
it was a fun 3d fighting game on the system played it for hours with friend which is why i like it so much
Honourable mentions: crisis core, lunar silver star harmony,castlevania symphony of the night
ps3
so many games that i liked on this system so i really dont know what is my favorite

XBOX
sid meiers pirates
the only pirate game that i sunk so many hours into
Honourable mentions: battlefront, kotor, republic commando

3ds
to be honest the 3ds was a huge let down. i only played 3 games on it, and didn't really enjoy them

Pc
the total war series (rome,shogun 2,warhammer 1+2) witcher 3
i love grand strategy games and rpgs
Honourable mentions: stardew valley, sims, crosscode, red alert 2

Sega genesis
NBA jam and vector man
played this with my family all the time when i was young, so its nostalgia
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
In purchase order:

Gameboy Color:

Really hard to pick anything but Pokemon Gold. It was not my first Pokemon game - Yellow was - but it had moments that blew 9/10 year old me's mind, like returning to Kanto or going up to the top of the Bell Tower to catch Ho-Oh. To this day, it's probably the only Pokemon game I consistently replay (though I usually go with the remake on DS for ease of use).

Gameboy Advance:

This is a really hard tie to break between Golden Sun and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Both of them ignited my passion for whole new genres: JRPGs and Tactical RPGs, and when people ask me about my favorite games of all time, regardless of platform or genre, they are always on the list. Golden Sun just hits a sweet spot for me. It has cool puzzles, party customization, and a solid story (albeit a wordy one). On the other hand, Fire Emblem actually made me get into romhacking for a brief while and has, in my opinion, some fantastic characters and unlimited replay value. Seriously, I think I replay both of these games at least once a year.

Xbox:

Morrowind. I don't think I can accurately sum up how much this game means to me. I first started playing it when I was around 12 years old and the alien nature of a world filled with so much to explore and do was amazing. The way it handled player choice still seems revolutionary to me more than 10 years later (seriously, how many games let you kill people who are necessary for the game to proceed and then allow you to keep playing afterwards?) and the soundtrack is burned into my memory.
Honorable Mentions: Halo 2, Battlefront 2, KOTOR 1 and 2

Nintendo DS:

This is a hard one for me, because I mostly played remakes or sequels. I think I've got to give it to the Dragon Quest 4 remake because it was my first DQ title and has influenced my game-making since.

Xbox 360:

Another tie here. This time between Halo Reach and Dishonored. Reach had amazing multi-player and I spent hours on it with my friends in high school, in addition to having a surprisingly good, character-driven story with some memorable moments, like the mission that revolved around space dogfights or the urban combat missions towards the middle of the game. Meanwhile, Dishonored had fantastic aesthetic, compelling story, and so many goddamn ways to complete a mission that I can't count them all. Every time I think I have the game figured out, I'll see a YouTube video of someone with a crazy new strategy and I'll hop back in-game again to try new things out.

3DS:

Fire Emblem Awakening. No contest. I literally bought the 3DS to play it.
Semi-Honorable Mention: Bravely Default, but with the last 5-10 hours cut so I don't have to endure fighting the same four bosses over and over and over.

Xbox One:

Another tie. I'm really bad at making up my mind. This is the console I played Witcher 3 on, so I won't say anything that hasn't already been said about that masterpiece. The other game? Life is Strange. Unusual, I know, but it just hit me at the right time in my life. The summer after my sophomore year of college, I was taking some classes on campus because I'd changed my major in the spring and I had a lot of free time. One day, a friend of mine from high school texted me raving about how good this Life is Strange game was and how I had to play it. It was Friday and I had some money to burn, so I downloaded it, played the first episode and then want to bed. Saturday morning I decided to start Episode 2 and I literally did nothing else that whole day. I played through the entire game in, basically, one sitting. I didn't get dressed, I didn't shower, I didn't cook, and I didn't leave my apartment. When I finished around midnight, I was emotionally exhausted and amazed at what the game had done. To this day, I don't think I've ever been sucked into a game in that way.

PC:

If we go by playtime, it's Crusader Kings 2. I have, and this is not a typo, 1000 hours logged in it. During college, when I had papers to write, I'd open Word and CK2. Write a paragraph, play for 5-10 minutes, lather, rinse, repeat. As a result, there were times in college where I 'played' CK2 for 12 hours a day because I'd just leave it on in the background while I did homework on Sunday and occasionally alt-tab over to it, click some things, move some people around, and then go back to work.
Honorable Mentions: Stardew Valley, Dark Souls, Baldur's Gate, Hollow Knight

PS4:
I've got to give this one to Bloodborne. The combat, the horror and mythos influences, and the stellar atmosphere are like nothing else.
Honorable Mention: Persona 5

SNES:

I've only ever played SNES games via emulator, but Chrono Trigger, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, and Earthbound are all on about the same level for me.
Here goes a list of my favorite console games with Shigaru Mayamoto
appearing in many of them. Possibly best games of all time (opinion-wise).
-----------------------------------------
GBA: Golden sun 1,2, Pokemon Gold, Minish Cap
SNES: Zelda LTTP, DKC 2, Super Mario World 2(YI), Gradius III, Goof Troop,
Buster Breaks Loose, Chrono-Trigger, Final Fantasy VI.
N-64: Mario-64, Starfox-64, Turok-1,2, NBA live, Pokemon Stadium,
Super Smash Bros, DK-64, Banjo-kazooie, Diddy kong racing, Conquer's
Bad Fur Day, Loz Ocarina/Masterquest, Loz Majora.
N-DS: Pokemon Platinum/Diamond, Pokemon Gold Remake, Final Fantasy IV Remake.
N-Wii: Zelda Skyward Sword, New Mario Bros-Wii, Wii-Tennis
3-DS: Luigi's Mansion, Link between Worlds, Starfox 3D, Ocarina/Majora 3D
Fire Emblem Awaikening.
Wii-U: Hyrule Warriors, Mario 3D-World, DK Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart-8 Deluxe,
Twilight Princess HD, Wind Waker HD, Zelda Breath of Wild, Mario Maker,
Captain Toad's adventure, Rayman Legends, Super Smash Bros Brawl.
NES
1st Kirby's Adventure
2nd Final Fantasy III

SNES
1st Final Fantasy IV
2nd Super Metroid/Chrono Trigger

N64
1st The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
2nd The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Gamecube
1st Mario Sunshine/Super Smash Bros Melee
2nd The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker/Resident Evil 4

Wii
1st Xenoblade Chronicles
2nd The Last Story/The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

WiiU
1st The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
2nd Mario Maker

Gameboy
1st Poke'mon Yellow
2nd The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening

Gameboy Advanced
1st The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap
2nd Metroid Fusion/Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

DS
1st The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
2nd Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow/Metroid Prime Hunters

3DS
1st The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D
2nd The Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds

Genesis
1st Phantasy Star IV
2nd Sonic and Knuckles

Sega Saturn
1st Shining Wisdom
2nd Virtual On

Dreamcast
1st Jet Grind Radio
2nd Soul Calibur

PlayStation
1st Metal Gear Solid
2nd Final Fantasy IX

PlayStation 2
1st Metal Gear Solid 3
2nd Okami
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
In order of initial ownership.

Apple IIc
Space Rogue
Honorable Mentions: Knights of Legend, Tass Times in Tonetown, Arthur: The Legend of Excalibur

Commodore 64
Gauntlet
Honorable Mentions: Defender of the Crown, Exile

Intellivision
Pitfall
Honorable Mentions: Q*Bert, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Treasure of Tarmin

Atari
Space Invaders
Honorable Mentions: Pac-Man, Gunfighter, Missile Command

Nintendo Entertainment System
The Legend of Zelda
Honorable Mentions: Dragon Warrior, Metroid

Gameboy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Honorable Mentions: Tetris, Pokemon Red, Metroid II: Return of Samus

Sega Genesis
Sonic: the Hedgehog II
Honorable Mentions: Disney's The Lion King, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter II Turbo

PC
Baldur's Gate
Honorable Mentions: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, Fallout: New Vegas

Nintendo 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Honorable Mention: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day

Playstation
Metal Gear Solid
Honorable Mentions: Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX, Silent Hill, and Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy: Anthology (FF VI and Chrono Trigger), Xenogears, Tomb Raider

Playstation 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Honorable Mentions: Final Fantasy X, Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturne, Kingdom Hearts, Xenosaga: Zur Wille der Macht

Super Nintendo
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Honorable Mentions: Super Metroid, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time

Playstation III
Borderlands
Honorable Mentions: Batman: Arkham Asylum, Mirror's Edge, Metal Gear Solid IV: The Guns of the Patriots

Playstation IV
Horizon Zero Dawn
Honorable Mentions: Transistor, Velocity, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Disney Infinity 3.0
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Whew, this is going to be a lame list, but okay.

NES
Super Mario Bros 3
-Although, I played the crap out of Tetris and still do on my phone via emulator.

Sega Genesis
Earthworm Jim
-The style and zaniness blew my world wide open. I was so used to 'safe' content, and here is this balls-to-the-walls crazy cartoon game. Talk about love.
-Ecco the Dolphin, Vectorman, Sonic & Knuckles, Mortal Kombat, Humans... there're so many good games on Genesis. BLAST PROCESSING

Sega Game Gear
Sonic Drift 2
-Played this game so much while waiting for someone to pick me up after school. Jungle Book and Jurassic Park were also awesome.

PC
Curse of Monkey Island
-Another brain-exploder. A cartoon game without 'gameplay' so much as story, puzzles and jokes. What! My concept of 'video games' was being rewritten, and I found myself in love with comedy. Around this time, my dad started to show me old Marx Brothers movies, and slapstick movies.

Gameboy Color
Pokemon Red
-Admittedly, the first time I played this was a ROM, but I got an after-school job and bought myself a GBC to play it, as well as Pokemon Silver.

Gameboy Advance
Megaman.EXE Battle Network
-Tough call. Played a LOT of GBA games. This one sticks out.

PSX
Metal Gear Solid
-Brain exploded, yet again. Narrative-focused non-action action game. I can't even.
-Also introduced me to the Final Fantasy series, which I have loved since and retroactively sought out older FFs prior to 7.

Sega Dreamcast
Shenmue
-A story-focused action game, with a huge emphasis on day-to-day life in a small town. Something I had never thought possible, or considered for that matter, in a video game.
-This is also my favourite console, so the list is very long. We'd be here all day.

PS2
Onimusha 2
-Loved the style of this game, as well as the story.

Xbox
Shenmue 2
-Bought the console FOR this game. Reasons, obvious.

Gamecube
Smash Bros. Brawl(?)
-We played a lot of this game. Mario Sunshine is about the only other game that got any playtime. Waste of a console.

Xbox 360
Whatever Halo was this gen.
-Not an xboxer. Wasn't a fan of this console. Got it for university friends to play Halo-whatever on.

DS
uh...yeah...

PS3
LittleBigPlanet
-Spent at least a year playing it, bought all the stupid costumes and sticker packs. Then LBP2 ruined it. The hype and community had died out. No one but young'uns were playing, and that's just no fun.

3DS
um...
Played a lot of games on it... can't remember a single one that stood out.

PSP
Metal Gear AC!D 1&2
-Non-canon of my favourite series, as a tactical card-based stealth action game. It shouldn't be fun, but it SO is.
-Played a lot of PSP. This was around when I was a trucker, and it was my go-to gaming console during breaks.

PS4
Nothing really stands out.
Again, played a lot of games on it, and... just eh. Gaming has become a bit boring. Even Metal Gear Solid was crap. I guess Grand Theft Auto V? But, I didn't finish it. So whatever.

PSVita
Day of the Tentacle HD
-Despite my love of Monkey Island, Loom and a CD-R Sherlock Holmes game, I had no 'interest' in looking up the other classic adventure games. Then I played Day of the Tentacle HD. Wow, what a trip. It even had an in-game emulation of the original Maniac Mansion. Since playing both of those, I have been seeking out adventure games on my phone or where I can. There're other Vita games, but most of them suck. Like cheap knock-off spin-offs to cash in. Nothing very great.

Xbox One (S)
Stardew Valley (ha!)
-Late to the game, always wanted to play it. Now it's my life. GF got the xbox for herself, as I had no interest. Oh how the tables do turn. Despite myself, I have to admit that Xbox One S is among my favourite consoles. How twisted is this world becoming? NOOOOOOOOOOOO...
PC : "Return of Warrior" - this mmorpg unexpectedly hooked me into playing it, love the adventurer classes and how the weapons are classified to each class, love the skills that can be learned, and of course i love the combat system that brings out the natural fighting for the players and mobs

NDS : "Rune Factory 3" - want to have a family?, this game got a story in where love transcends the conflict between races, and what more you can have a child in the game too :)

GameBoy : "Pokemon Shiny Gold Sigma" this is a pokemon hack game from gen 1 to current gen, nice story based on the anime itself :) though theres only a few region that is ready to play, only the pokemon list are completed :) including all of the sprites
NES
Super Mario Bros 3
Still the best 2D Mario game ever made in my opinion, I love replaying this game over and over.
Honorable Mentions: Punch Out, Castlevania, Mega Man 2 and 3.

SNES
Link to the Past
I love this game to death, the first Zelda game I had ever played, the nostalgia and memories with this game for me while I wasn't good at it were great. And to this day I still love the game, probably more since I was actually able to finish it.
Honorable Mentions: Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X2, Super Mario World, Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

Sega Genesis
Sonic 3
Best Sonic game, with the best levels and music in my opinion.
Honorable Mentions: Gunstar Heroes, Golden Axe 3, Phantasy Star IV

Gameboy/Gameboy color
Pokemon Yellow
I was going to put Silver and Gold but I already have Soul Silver, and the only other game I played the shit out of was Yellow, I done a glitched playthrough where I would glitch the game to get certain Pokemon and that was by far the most fun playthrough I did, and this was on an actual cartridge.

Game Gear
Donald Duck Deep Duck Trouble
A very solid platformer, and besides the usual sonic games which weren't great on this system, this one was the game gear game I played the most.

PS1
Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon
I'm a little split on Spyro 2 and 3, but considering I played the absolute shit out of Spyro 3 I'm going to go with this one. You talking about childhood, this game was the definition of my childhood, I still adore this game to this day, and that reignited trilogy has got me hyped big time.
Honorable Mentions: Crash 3 Warped

N64
Ocarina of Time
My favorite game of all time as well, just like Link to the past this game has a ton of great memories held to it for me, and I also think it holds up decently well, but the 3DS version outshines it completely.
Honorable Mentions: Majora's Mask, Mario 64.

XBOX
Morrowind
I haven't played the PC version of this game, but the Xbox version is pretty solid, Morrowind's world is much more interestng than Oblivion and Skyrim's, its so weird and more fantasy like.
Honorable Mentions: Blinx, Oddworld Strangers Wrath

GameCube
Luigi's Mansion
I played the crap out of this game, and still replay it every once and a while.
Honorable Mentions: Wind Waker, Animal Crossing.

PS VITA
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Hell there was barely anything on this system that really stood out, and this was the way I experienced MGS 2 and 3, and 3 would become one of my favorite games of all time.

WII
Mario Galaxy 2
The best 3D Mario game hands down, the level of creativity is huge in this game despite the reused levels and themes.
Honorable Mentions: Twilight Princess, House of the Dead Overkill

DS
Pokemon Soul Silver
This game is special to me, it helped me through a rough time, and its also probably the best Pokemon game they ever released. For me at least.
Honorable Metnions: Pokemon Platinum, New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 64 DS, Yoshi's Island DS, Dragon Quest V.

WII U
DKC Tropical Freeze
There wasn't much for this system either, but this game really blew my socks off when I played it, one of the best platformers ever made in my opinion.
Honorable Mentions: Mario 3D world, Wind Waker HD

Switch
Mario Odyssey
I played Breath of the Wild, I loved Breath of the wild, but I ultimately loved Odyssey more.

PC
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
Good lord this was another game the defined my childhood, there was a time where I would come home from school and play it from 4pm all the way till bed time. That's how addicted I was. Still love the game to this day.

The systems I left out where, Xbox one, PS4, PS3, PS2, mostly because these are systems I own and have a lot of games for, but still are in the middle of collecting for. I'll update this when I play more games and have more time to think about it.
is PC a console now?

If had to do PC, I'd say:
Diablo II (and its expansion Lord of Destruction)
I played the shit out of this game, for like a decade.
Honourable Mentions: Command & Conquer, C&C: Red Alert, Starcraft, C&C: Generals, Unreal Tournament, Diablo, Diablo 3 (after the recent patches over the years this became a decent game), SWTOR, SimCity 2000, Baldur's Gate
Gameboy Colour
Pokemon Gold
A Christmas present along with the Gameboy Colour. I never really had enough money to buy other games. I probably bought two other games through pocket money.

Gameboy Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Definitely the most memorable for me out of all the Advance games I played.

Playstation
Final Fantasy VIII
Still my favourite Final Fantasy game. Became even better when I got I - IX on my Vita.

Playstation 2
Final Fantasy X
Pretty much the only game I really played on the PS2.

Playstation 3
Skyrim
The game which I bought the PS3 for.

Playstation 4
Final Fantasy XII - The Zodiac Age
Had bought XII for the PS2 but I never got round to playing it.

PSP
Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core
I just wish that this would be put up on the Playstation Store. I loved this game.

Playstation Vita
Stardew Valley
I know that it hasn't come out yet (almost there), but it's the game I've played the most on the PS4. I didn't want to repeat a game.

Nintendo DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky
Favourite Pokemon game on the DS

Nintendo 3DS
Pokemon X
Favourite Pokemon game on the 3DS

PC
Various
I have a whole heap but these are the ones I remember/liked the most.

Commander Keen
Sid Meier's Civilization (The original)
Simcity 4
Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
In approximate order of ownership:

Commodore 64
Probably Wasteland, since I wrote terribad fan-fics back in the day for it.

Sega Master System
I'm not sure if you could call it a favorite, but, the game that comes to mind is Spellcaster.

Personal Computer
Hands down, Heroes of Might and Magic 2 - The Succession Wars.

PlayStation
Torn between Breath of Fire 3 and Suikoden 2 on this system.

PlayStation 2
Probably one of the few people that enjoyed Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter. I don't know if you could call that my favorite game on that system, though. Probably Final Fantasy 10 or Suikoden 4.

PlayStation Portable
Dissida Final Fantasy was okay, and I certainly played it a lot. However, Valkyrie Chronicles 2 was my favorite game to play.

PlayStation 3
Torn between Darksiders 2 and Castlevanina - Lord of Shadow. They were so freaking awesome, I got the PC versions on Steam after I retired the system.

PlayStation 4
At the moment, I'll say Persona 5.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

NES
The Legend of Zelda (I didn't own this game, borrowed)

SNES
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (I didn't own this game, borrowed)

N64 (owned by my grandparents)
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (played it at my grandparent's house)

GambeCube (I borrowed this from a friend)
Tales of Symphonia (I borrowed this with the system)

Wii
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Gameboy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (I didn't own this game, borrowed)

Genesis (I didn't own this)
Phantasy Star 4 (I didn't play on the system, but through emulation)

PS1
Final Fantasy 7

PS2
Final Fantasy 10

PS3
Tales of Graces f

Xbox
The Elderscrolls 3: Morrowind

Xbox360
Fallout 3

PC
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

author=kentona
List the consoles you own (or owned) and your favourite game on each one.

Oh, that's gonna be a little tricky in some cases...

PC:
Uhhh...You know what, I think this is where I'm going to drop Deux Ex Human Revolution.

It's still one of my favourite games of all time, and it WAS the most fun for me on PC (Bought it on PS3 at first, then got it on sale on PC later for the Director's Cut). Still, hard to pin it on PC, when there's a LOT of great PC games I've played over the years.

Runner up: Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. The fact we haven't gotten another good World Of Darkness role playing Immersive sim is just shameful.

This was the hardest category. There's too many PC games I love. XCOM, Subnautica, Stardew valley, Skyrim, minecraft, the recent Prey game...Gosh so damn many...There's a reason the PC is my system of choice now.

Original Game Boy:
Pokemon Gold, hands down.

Gen 2 was the BEST pokemon generation, and by far my favourite gameboy game.

Runner up: Blue version, natch. Although Link's Awakening isn't far behind at all.

Game Boy Advance:
Golden Sun The Lost Age

...Alright, technically it's more of a 2-parter game, but the golden sun games were amazing.

Runner Up: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1 is a close second, but the story and challenge were a little "meh".

Super Nintendo:
Crono Trigger

...Alright, this isn't a game I ever OWNED on the SNES, but it's the best damn SNES game, alright? It's the best classic RPG I've ever played and remains tied as my favourite RPG of all time.

Runner up: ....This is hard. I want to say A link to the Past, or Megaman X, or any of the MANY great games I had on the system....Ah, gonna give it to Mario RPG in the end, I guess.

N64:
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

There's no question. That game is just the best in the series for me. It's so unique and amazing.

Runner up: Paper Mario. Such a classic gem. I'm glad I got it via club nintendo on my wii, it was a great way to give myself happy gaming feels when I was working abroad last summer.

Gamecube:
Phantasy Star Online episodes 1&2

No question. You would not believe the endless amounts of joy my friends and I had with that game. We played it for years on end together. Some of my happiest memories are tied up in that game. :)

Runner up: Tales of Symphonia. It's not as great as I used to think it was, but hot damn was it great for the time.

PS2:
Kingdom Hearts 1.

It's the best of the series, and I would fight you over this. The combat system was just tactical enough that it was fun without being overbearing, and had some replayability via alternate classes. And the story, while a little nutty and cheesy, was genuinely fun. No other game in the series has topped the original for me, and after Dream Drop Distance ruined my faith in the storytellers, there's no way a future game will. :(

Runner up: Hmm...I can't think of one, actually. This is the system I have with the LEAST games on it... *shrug*

Edit: Oh wait, Persona 4. Yeah, I never owned it, I borrowed it from my then-girlfriend, but I guess it still counts.

PS3:
Persona 5. No question. It was everything I could have wanted it to be. Nothing more needs to be said here.

Runner up: Sonic Generations, I guess.

DS:
The World Ends With You

The one game that I felt was able to TIE with Crono Trigger for my favourite RPG of all time. It's so goddamn unique that I can't help but adore the hell out of it. The story and characters are amazing, the combat system is just plain FUN, and the hidden lore and stuff is just phenomenal.

Runner up:
Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City. I love this series to bits, and this is the BEST one in the series thus far. Zany unique classes that are fun and clever to use? Check. Fantastic story? Check. Fantastic story that then introduces a really great moral dilemma that had me put the game on hold for a full day before I could decide what to do? Check. That last bit is what sealed my love for it. To this day, the ending I got still haunts me, even though I have no regrets and am satisfied with the outcome.

Wii:
Xenoblade Chronicles.

This game. This damn game. It very nearly toppled my favourite RPGs of all time. The story was amazing, the characters were great, the combat was fun, the world was beautiful in every way... And then the game stalled out right after the big climactic moment, and got a big difficulty spike. And since I was doing a low-level run to keep every battle challenging...Well, I wound up having to grind for a week before I could actually beat the last boss, which killed the mood. :(

Runner up:
Bakugan Battle Brawlers. HOLD ON, hear me out! It's just plain the BEST use of motion controls I ever got to experience on the Wii. Throwing your little marble-mons into pinball-eqsue arenas and steering them just felt natural, and I really liked it, flaws and all.

Yeah, we all know Smash Bros Brawl was probably the best Wii game, I just wanted to be a little different, alright?

3DS:
Kid Icarus Uprising.

The script, man. The script for this game. It's too good. It's too funny. I love it. The gameplay is great too and all (even if as a lefty I'm screwed and have to rely on the XABY buttons to aim), but the script is something I just adore way too much.

Runner up:
Smash Bros 3DS. I wanted to say Codename Steam...But as much as I loved that game I think Smash bros edges it out, same with Monster Hunter 4.

Switch:
I've only had it for a week or two now, and I've only really played Breath of the wild and Stardew valley (Again)...

...I think I'm going to pre-emptively give Octopath Traveler the top spot here. The demo was everything I could have wanted from that game, and I can't freakin' wait to play the full game. It can't come out soon enough.
NES
Pretty close here, but I'm gonna have to give it to either Dragon Warrior 2 or Megaman 2. They're both completely different so it's kinda hard to compare them, but I like both of them a whole lot.

SNES
Earthbound, hands down not close, which I also own a hard copy of. There's a runner up here but I'll get to that in a minute.

Game Boy // Game Boy Color // Game Boy Advance
For original Game Boy, my favorite game's gotta be Pokemon Blue and Red, really hard to beat that in terms of quality. On the good ole Game Boy Color, I'm gonna have to go with Dragon Warrior Monsters 2. I happened to own the one with Cobi when I was a kid, but I'm sure the one with Tara is mostly the same. There's actually a lot of games I like on the Game Boy color, so this was a pretty hard one to pin down. On the Game Boy Advance, I think my favorite game is probably either Pokemon Leaf Green, or Golden Sun. Leaf Green is a bit of a cop out because I picked Pokemon Blue and Red for the Game Boy classic, but, I really like that remake. Golden Sun is also really good, though.

Nintendo DS and 3DS
I got really into the DS and own a lot of DS games. However, I think my favorite DS game is the remake of Chrono Trigger, since it basically fixed any and all issues with the first iteration and made it into the perfect game. On the 3DS, I'd have to say SMT IV / SMT IV: Apocalypse takes the cake for me.

Nintendo Switch
Haven't got a chance to play my Switch that much, but my favorite game on there so far is probably Breath of the Wild.

Playstation 2
My favorite PS2 game, and one of my favorites of all time, is Okage: Shadow King. I think it's super underrated and very, very good. I also really like Alien Hominid, the version they put on PS2.

Playstation 4
This one is also pretty easy. Persona 5, not close.

PC
UNDERTALE, 2 good 5 me
Dragon Warrior 2 was my least favourite DW game. And never could get into Earthbound.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Sega Genesis
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
It's the first video game I ever played. Of course it's gonna be my favorite. Also, figuring out debug mode and unlocking Super Sonic early was the best thing ever.
Honorable Mentions: Sonic 3, Landstalker, Street Fighter 2

Gameboy Color
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Deluxe

Didn't think a Zelda game's story on the Gameboy would be memorable, but boy was little babby Nova proven wrong.
Honorable Mentions: Megaman Xtreme 2, Dragon Warrior: Monsters

Gamecube
Tales of Symphonia

What can I say? Symphonia's story gave me the initial push towards game dev. I'll always have a special place in my heart for it.
Honorable Mentions: Baten Kaitos: Origins, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Resident Evil 3, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Gameboy Advance
Fire Emblem

As patronizing as the tutorial was, Lyn's story in this game was still one of my favorites. Lyn was an interesting character, the party members you recruited were fleshed out, and the player took a strong role in the story. Despite making many needed improvements, none of the future games managed to recapture that feeling I had in the initial game.
Honorable Mentions: Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Final Fantasy V Advance: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

Wii
Resident Evil

Still one of the best survival horror games I've played, and is a pretty big influence on my design philosophy. If I were to ever remake one of my games, I would give it the same kind of treatment that the REmake did.
Honorable Mentions: Smash, Dead Space: Extraction, Xenoblade Chronicles

Xbox 360
Dark Souls

It was a cross between this and Soul Calibur 5. I logged about 500 hours into SC5, but Dark Souls had the bigger impact on me.
Honorable Mentions: Soul Calibur 5, Dead Space 2, Orange Box, Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age: Origins

Nintendo DS
The World Ends With You

The unique style and gameplay in TWEWY left the biggest impact on me. It's sad that I see very few people talking about it, though.
Honorable Mentions: Radiant Historia, Chrono Trigger, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Playstation 3
ICO/Shadow of the Colossus

My love for ICO shouldn't be a secret by now. In case you haven't heard. ICO is legitimately my favorite game of all time.
Honorable Mentions: Okami HD, The Last of Us, Tales of Xillia 2, Spec Ops: the Line

Nintendo 3DS
Stella Glow

This was a hard one to choose, since there were a lot of fun games on the 3DS. In the end, the Persona style social links with fun and interesting characters took the prize. Stella Glow doesn't break a lot of new ground, especially in the story, but it's still a wonderful game that I'd recommend to anyone. Plus, the OST is godly.
Honorable Mentions: SMT IV Apocalypse, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey Untold, SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked,

Playstation Vita
Persona 4 Golden

Considering this and Soul Sacrifice were the only games I had for the system, P4G didn't have much competition. Not to say it wasn't a good game because holy shit it was.

Playstation 4
Persona 5
Lol. It wasn't even a contest. I honestly don't think anything will ever come close to dethroning P5.
Honorable Mentions: Bloodborne, Nier: Automata, Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator, Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Pages: first 12 next last