AND THE WINNER IS...

Pages: first prev 12 last
Something to learn from every single one of the winners. I'll have to play them all and check it out!
Every time I do stuff like "Rezident Evil" I receive loads of hate. And here it wins 2 awards ... Again I don't understäääänd it! >:-I

author=twentyfour24

I have seen that guy before. Wasn't he from some bad sitcom?
@Deacon Batista

Matt LeBlanc? He was in the awful Joey, but his real abomination was Ed.

As to why this game won awards... I have no idea. I guess people really like Matt LeBlanc?
Everybody loves Matt LeBlanc. Even the Al Jazeera anchors over in the middle east.

Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=KarmaPlethora
How can Lakria Legends be the best game of the year award winner when our goddess Liberty thinks:

author=Liberty
So far it's okay. (...) The writing is pretty stilted so far (...). (...) (S)o far the game is pretty basic. It's not bad but not great either. (...)
?

Hopefully, next time the results will be announced by someone more knowledgable and less hateful towards other developers. At least the community seems to know how to let quality prevail over envy.

author=Deacon Batista
Every time I do stuff like "Rezident Evil" I receive loads of hate. And here it wins 2 awards ... Again I don't understäääänd it! >:-I

As it turns out, RMN has multiple users, who sometimes have different opinions.

I know! I don't get it either!
Wow! Congratulations to everyone who made it! :D I'm going to give those winning games that I haven't tried yet a go! xD (Umbra and Lakria are games that I've already played and they so deserve these awards! )

I know some people may not agree with me about this...(so prepare for a hyperbolic statement)

…But I think Lakira Legend is a testament to how RMN works as a community. It’s a lot like what kentona described in his article (I also think this article is a must read for anyone new to RMN, staff, please sticky it somewhere.)

Because RMN doesn’t have a rating system, you're going get situations like Lakira Legends winning the misaos, a game like Liberty described, something that’s very rough around the edges, which I absolutely 100% agree with, but also a game that’s made by a genuinely likable person.

I think this is kind of an important lesson to learn and remember, especially when you're trying to sell your game to a much wider audience – People often think making a good game is enough, or being a likable person is enough, no it’s not – It’s both.

Similarly, in the world of work, people aren’t just looking for someone whose relatable or reliable, but someone who can get the job done and is able to work well with others as well - if nothing else, I think this is the most important thing to take away from this year’s 2017 misaos awards - that you can’t just make a good game, and expect to succeed, but you also have to kind of be a likable person too, someone who connects well with the community in order to get the word out.

The fact is, Lakira Legends won in an era where Rpgmaker games are more associated with yume nikki clones, than anything else - It shows that, not only that there's still demand for these types of oldschool classic pre-gamingw rpgmaker games, but also that, these are games made by people who are involved within our community:

KoopaKush was the only dude who kept leaving positive comments, on the fan trailers I made. I’m pretty sure he's been doing these same sort of things all over RMN, for the years - When Lakria Legends was finally completed and released, it shot up to the top spot of the buzz list and stayed there for a couple of months.

But it wasn’t just because it was a good game - that’s only part of it – it’s because it’s a sign of Koopa Kush’s involvement within RMN.

In that aspect, I can’t think of a better person whose more deserving of this award, than KoopaKush.

Congrats KoopaKush! You deserve this!
The "a" is for: aged badly ... ^^
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Keton Anderson
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
More like Ken ton'a problems!
"Lawsuit Waiting To Happen" Award Winner

COME AT ME, SQUARE-ENIX.
Pages: first prev 12 last