[RM2K3] KEEPING EQUIPMENT AFTER CLASS CHANGE.

Pages: 1
Long story short - I got events that switch characters' class dependent on what weapon current character has equipped. When it comes to weapons, it works like a charm, but other equipment (armor 'n' stuff) gets unequipped, and I'd rather like to keep it, especially when it comes to "cursed" items that are part of my stat raising system.

I tried to solve this problem by checking equipment before entering the menu, then restoring all pieces according to variable values, but this doesn't seem to work.
Hi Preki,❤

If you can't find an answer here, you should also check out rpgmakerweb.com's rpgmaker2003 tech support forum

kaine uploaded this really great character formation tutorial - where only a specific character can get into a club if they're the designated party leader; he did this through variables.

He may have an idea of how to retain armor on characters, when they switch classes in rpgmaker2003

The furthest I've gotten with this, is creating a not-so-great Final Fantasy "jump" tutorial:

where the character changes classes/unequips their armor in order to jump, and then reverts classes/reequips their current armor as they land.

But I kind of ran into the same problem you did, as I couldn't figure out how to record their current armor to a variable, in order for them to automatically reequip their current armor, once they switched back.
Second try:

When equipping weapon(s) and, say, armor simultaneously, the armor will be dropped anyway, because there's no way the game can save armor's ID to a variable.

When doing this separately, everything seems to work just fine but there's another bug happening - defense stat rises permanently once the class is changed, and I don't want players to exploit this bug as a cheat. Tried to counter that with unequipping current armor before it's equipped via common event, but this results with inability to equip it at all.

Dammit, NeoK, how did you pull this off?
Do you use the official or pirated version?
In the first case, you have to go to variables and conditions.

In the second case, Bugmenot created this patch:
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-18013/classchangeequipfix.rar
see the instructions for applying it in the archive.

author=LordBlueRouge
Hi Preki,❤If you can't find an answer here, you should also check out rpgmakerweb.com's rpgmaker2003 tech support forum

kaine uploaded this really great character formation tutorial
I almost forgot ... I'm the same Kaine! XDDD
Cherry's patch seems to work fine (he's truly a wondermaker), I'll letcha know if it fixed this problem after some more testing.

As of the RM version... well, I want to get it ever since 2k3 got finally officialy released, but I'd rather have non-Steam version (if there's one), and I'd kill for a boxed collector release :P heheh.
author=kaine87
I almost forgot ... I'm the same Kaine! XDDD

I knew you looked familiar!! ❤ XDDDDD LOL! Thanks man!

But yeah man! Kaine's a miracle worker! ❤ He's got like a bag full of really cool rpgmaker tools!

author=Preki
As of the RM version... well, I want to get it ever since 2k3 got finally officialy released, but I'd rather have non-Steam version (if there's one), and I'd kill for a boxed collector release :P heheh.

I was looking into this for ya, so I bought the rpgmakerweb version today, just to see if you could by more than one version to gift to people.

I'll have to look into it again to make sure,
but unfortunately it seems a bit of a headache in terms of technical support.

-When you buy rpgmaker2003 from rpgakerweb, you need to create an account with your email address, so you can purchase rpgmaker2003.

-After you purchase rpgmaker2003, your order number is your product code.

Once you download rpgmaker2003 from rpgmakerweb:

You need to use the email that you used to purchase rpgmaker2003 and the order number/product code in order to lift the 20 day time trial

Unfortunately, when you go to activate it online, it doesn't seem to work at the moment, so you have to contact customer support so they can give you the code, so you can activate it offline. (I'm waiting to hear back from rpgmakerweb at the moment)

But ya man, I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled on this. I'd really like to start giving out purchased copies of rpgmaker2003 as gifts to some of you guys, cause it's really exciting to see new people, starting to use rpgmaker2003 again. There are some really cool new features in the official rpgmaker2003 now that's worth checking out too.

So yeah, I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks again for posting the tutorial/fix kaine!

Preki, let us know if you were able to get it to work.❤
OK, tested this some more with multiple characters, works like a dream. I'd like to thank our wondermaker Cherry for this little patch thing.

@LordBlueRouge - I'm gonna PM you for details, I don't wanna write offtopic messages here.
Pages: 1