EXPERIENCED MUSIC COMPOSER FOR HIRE!

Pages: 1
Hello! So in a nutshell, I've been composing music for games for a number of years now, and have been composing music in general for over 20 years (I have a degree in music, started when I was 9 or so haha). Though I've enjoyed the games I've composed for thus far, my ultimate dream is to compose epic scores for RPGs, and that opportunity has not presented itself yet. That's where you come in!

My influences include Nobuo Uematsu (specifically FFVII, but many others as well), Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono series), Motoi Sakuraba (Star Ocean the second story, Valkyrie Profile), among many film composers etc.

I'm looking for a game that has all the emotional density, imaginative atmosphere, nature, fantasy, adventure, and epicness of all the best RPGs, so I have the visuals to make a beautiful score to!

My bandcamp of all the OSTs I've made so far is here:
http://modalmodule.bandcamp.com

There is also an example of a vibe I would love to elaborate on, in the "other works" album, which are songs not associated with games (yet):
http://modalmodule.bandcamp.com/track/exalted-by-the-natural-world-wip
(would get the lead vocal recorded with actual vocalist)

If any of you are making games that align with my dreams, I would love to compose for you! I normally charge for compositions, but if the project is right, I may just do it for free! I understand what it's like to be a struggling developer, following your own dreams. :)

Thanks so much for reading this, feel free to get in touch with me via email: modalmodule@gmail.com or twitter @modalmodule. I'm also on skype discord slack etc.

Look forward to making music for your awesome games! :D
Hey ModalModule,

Are your services still available?

I've been working on a big project for awhile, and it's nowhere near finished yet, but it would be pretty swell to start music production, as it would be one less thing to worry about.

All of your samples on bandcamp sound great.

How flexible would you be with payment? Because, as of this writing, I'm pretty strapped, but that doesn't mean that some sort of budget can't be secured eventually. I would hate not to pay an artist for their work, I know how that goes.

Please let me know what's up!
author=Mambratom
Hey ModalModule,

Are your services still available?

I've been working on a big project for awhile, and it's nowhere near finished yet, but it would be pretty swell to start music production, as it would be one less thing to worry about.

All of your samples on bandcamp sound great.

How flexible would you be with payment? Because, as of this writing, I'm pretty strapped, but that doesn't mean that some sort of budget can't be secured eventually. I would hate not to pay an artist for their work, I know how that goes.

Please let me know what's up!

Sent you a PM! Sorry for the lag!
Just have to say as an aspiring video game musician that your music is really good. I've listened to a couple of times the Kill the Dragon Ost and that has to be some of the most original and well develloped music i've heard in videogames for quite some time.
author=arsenaultk9
Just have to say as an aspiring video game musician that your music is really good. I've listened to a couple of times the Kill the Dragon Ost and that has to be some of the most original and well develloped music i've heard in videogames for quite some time.

Wow! Thanks so much. It really means a lot. If you ever want help on your quest or even are curious why a certain part sounds how it does, reach out. I teach piano and composition, and really like helping out fellow composers. :) That said, I'm still on the quest myself, and everyone has their own voice, so I can only offer some knowledge and would never tell you "how to make music".
Cheers!
Just finished a trio of orchestral works for a film scoring competition. I think they represent what I can do with a full orchestra pretty well. :) https://modalmodule.bandcamp.com/album/orchestral-works
Pages: 1