HALI'S REVIEW THREAD (REQUEST YOUR GAME!)

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Have these gone out of style? It's been a minute.

Hi. I'm your friendly neighborhood halibabica. I'm usually not too active here on the forums because I'm often bogged down in overbearing community Mario collabs. But those days are behind me and I have time to play some games! I understand we have the {review request} thread already, but what I hope to do here is a little more involved. I am a seasoned game reviewer and I've been at this game design business for Jesus Christ how long has it been by now?

So if you please, sign up to have your game reviewed by me. I'm not picky; I'll play anything I can get to run on a Windows PC. I have a time slot for this every week, but progress will likely be slow as I have many other things going on. You can expect progress updates from me as I play, culminating in the review itself (and maybe some fan art, too). The game must be hosted on RMN and games with no reviews are preferred. I'm unwilling to pay for commercial titles, but I may still do one if provided a free copy. I will always try my best to finish a game before reviewing.

I'm a long haul kinda guy, so don't be scared if the queue gets out of hand. I've crushed mountains before and I've many more ahead. Have at you!

Queue
DennisTheMenace's Raiders of Ruin
KrimsonKatt's Chronicles: The Lost Page
Tw0Face's Harpy Lady Lyd
Derek Yu's Spelunky
Starmage's Stellar Bewitching
Tw0Face's Succubus Shop
OfficiaICheeseboy's Creamsoda
halibabica's Tastes Like Spelunky
Tw0Face's Trapped
TritraSerpifeu's StarRune
Beregon's Under the Hunter's Moon
halibabica's Crowded Spelunky
KrimsonKatt's Noel and the Tower of Doom
Irog's Deer, You Are Being Hunted
Corfaisus's My Youthful Museum of Memories
halibabica's Spelunky Is a Roguelike
GoldenCrab Studios's Great Gun Gauntlet

Done
kory_toombs's Eye Sore (*Ouchie)
AubreyTheBard's The What-Iffers in: Final Fancy
Starmage's Blue Skies II
sawworm's Shattered Hourglass
twentyfour24's Rezident Evil: It Is Escape
Deckiller's RPG Maker Chain Game
Xenomic's Touhou Fantasy
Pyramid_Head's Steel Spirit SaGa
unity's Quest Questers
visitorsfromdreams's Shooty and the Catfish Ep.1
Illy's King of Grayscale
StormCrow's Road to Paradise: The Dragon
Faenon's The Cerebral Symphony
StormCrow's Chapelwaite
Tw0Face's Castle Warfare
Oh_Carnby's We the People
DutchPowerCreation's The Lost
LolloRocketDiver's Theia: The Crimson Eclipse
StormCrow's 2018: A Doge Odyssey
QZProductions' Turovero: The Celestial Tower
Willhart's Will Island
visitorsfromdreams's Shooty and the Catfish Ep.2
visitorsfromdreams's Shooty and the Catfish: Fully Reloaded
KoopaKush's Lakria Legends
Dingaling's Lisa: The First
Illy's Pixel Story
Antilurker77's Door of Shadows
Disako's Chronicles: Fate of a Princess
Tw0Face's Port Traventor
kory_toombs's Chips Challenge: Ace Edition
Patrick Wolfe's Watashi Suzume
Giznads's Nihilo
KoopaKush's Shadow Seeker
TritraSerpifeu's Simple Battle Fantasy Demo
halibabica's Pokémon Hunter
kory_toombs's Othello
Beregon's Luke Daimont: Absolute Mayhem
meteomage's Wind Walker
halibabica's Pokémon Hunter 2: Hostility
Illy's Final Fantasy: Sky Warriors
Beregon's Amarok's Howl
meteomage's Epic Snowball Fight
halibabica's Pokémon Hunter 3: The Search for Curly's Gold
TritraSerpifeu's Noelle's Forest Adventure
Beregon's End of Winter
meteomage's A Boy and His Slime
halibabica's Pokémon Hunter 4: The Hidden Truth
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I'm kind of interested, but I just want to clarify what you meant: Why didn't you choose a game from the Review Request thread again?
halibabica
I considered it, but decided it'd be best to run my own separate thing. This lets me keep my own pace and allows devs to come straight to me instead of 'casting a line', so to speak. I also won't have to muck up the other thread with my nonsense, so it keeps things organized.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I have 1 game with no review, but it's not super duper good.
(ie. I won't hate you if you give it a 1 / 5.)
Made for an event:

https://rpgmaker.net/games/9503/
Sure, I'd enjoy having a pillar of the community take a look at my offering. :) https://rpgmaker.net/games/10266/
Wow, I would love to join too and get insight from a seasoned gamer and reviewer! I know that whatever you'll have to say can really help me improve in my RPG-making now and in the future. ^_^

I just recently finished my 3rd completed game "BlueSkies 2". I would be very happy if you can check it out. Take your time, of course. :)

https://rpgmaker.net/games/8864/
halibabica
And so the queue begins. I'm also looking into the possibility of streaming my sessions, but no promises on that front. It's just an inkling of a thought at this stage.
Hello, hali! I don't know if you are into long RPG :') I'll be glad if you look into my game https://rpgmaker.net/games/3996/
You could give my game a shot, if you're up for something weird and dark. It already has a very detailed review by Addit, though. If you do play it, I'd love to hear your thoughts: https://rpgmaker.net/games/9495/
Hrm. I would ask for your review on my own game, but it's not fully released yet (which I would assume is a no-go for you), is on Mediafire (due to size, but the page links to it and its files), and already has a couple reviews (though it's been a couple years now I think). Don't know what your stance is on all of that.
halibabica
Demos are absolutely welcome. This may actually benefit games in development even more.
halibabica
Well, I did some experiments over the weekend, and while streaming is something I CAN do, I've decided I don't think it's something I SHOULD do. If I didn't have a 2nd job, I'd have the time I need to make that worthwhile, but as it stands, I see no reason to put out subpar work just 'cuz.

This week, I played a couple hours of EyeSore. It lives up to its name and is very silly so far. I put the difficulty on Very Hard and it's working out okay. I made it to the second area, and I like the special controls for running and jumping. More to come next time...
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
You should review one of my games :D
halibabica
I see seven games with no reviews, two of which are on hiatus. Why don't you pick one???
Well, if you'd like to give the game a try, here ya go.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/3758/

It's been a long time since the last review, and there has been a substantial amount of work done on it since then (in fact, I just uploaded the most recent version tonight, though still working on a few things here and there, so some things in regards to Blue Magic aren't 100% fully done yet. That isn't until a fair bit in, but just a warning on that if you're going to give it a try before I manage to finish it up!). I will warn you, however, that the demo IS long (it is the game at roughly 98%, so yeah...it does stop at some point, but it can be played/tested a fair bit farther than that!).
halibabica
Listed! Though it will take a while to chew through what's already there.
Wow, you really are doing the RMN community a favor with this halibabica ^_^ I do believe that you can help developers improve themselves both who are on the process of developing the game and those who have a finished product. :D
halibabica
Well thanks, I certainly hope so! I'm gonna try to make more time for this each week so it doesn't take too long.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Actually, Hali....RMW Chain Game doesn't have a star rating yet and it's complete...if HIGHLY unpolished from 2013 lol

https://rpgmaker.net/games/5066/