HALI'S REVIEW THREAD (REQUEST YOUR GAME!)

Wait, Hali finished with the migraine of putting out SRW2 and is now reviewing gams? How have I not noticed this before? You sir are a glutton for punishment.

I'll drop mine here if you wanna add it~
https://rpgmaker.net/games/9835/
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Illy
You sir are a glutton for punishment.
It's not a punishment when you only do it for two hours a week.

look guys ive almost finished two short games since the year started yaaaaaay
halibabica
Got What-Iffers' review done! And this review probably WON'T spark a chain of events that results in the game being taken down! :D

Next week, I'm playing Blue Skies II!
Woohoo! Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed the game. :) And it's in the Buzzing Games section now thanks to that! :D
unity
You're magical to me.
Wait, Eye Sore got taken down?
halibabica
There was some controversy about an offensive naming choice. It was kept quiet and I probably shouldn't have said anything. But yeah, it's down now. :x
author=halibabica
Next week, I'm playing Blue Skies II!

Yay!! I'm excited! ^__^ Take your time halibabica and I hope that you'll enjoy. xD
halibabica
This week, I took a break because I need to focus on pinching off some other personal projects that are nearly finished. I'll be back on track next time, though.
halibabica
This week, I started into Blue Skies II. It's pretty good so far. I liked the intro and it's generally well put-together, but I am noticing some cracks in the facade. Still, I can tell it has some real production value, so we'll see how it goes!
Yay!! I hope that you will enjoy it halibabica!! ^__^ xD And I'm very happy that you think so! :) ^_^
halibabica
I played further into Blue Skies II this week. The party has reached the port town, Gwado. I did just a bit of grinding to get all the new gear and we'll be ready for more next time.
That is so cool, halibabica!! ^_^ And wow, nice that you've reached Gwado. ;) And please, do take your time with the game, and I hope that you'll enjoy it along the way. ^_^
halibabica
Continued further into Blue Skies II today. Things went well apart from getting wrecked by blue lady and her goons. Lyrelle and her swamp friends successfully calmed a fire daemon, too.

Oh, and this happened:

I'm sure the captain was very annoyed. More to come!
OMG! XDD That's super funny halibabica! XD I didn't notice that happens until now xPP ahahah, Captain Ranjir is pretty annoyed alright xD :) ^_^
halibabica
This week on Blue Skies II, River fell off a cliff.

But he climbed back up, so it's okay. We were not thwarted by tile passabilities OR mountaintop daemons today.
OMG!!! >.< Hahah! Those tile-set issues :( X( Huhuhu, I missed those :( X((
halibabica
You may want to double-check your maps and tiles. There have been others I've encountered. I'm still enjoying the game, but I pick up on these things.
You're right halibabica x( :( I should've checked every corner when play-testing my maps (especially the mountains) X( :( Still, I'm very thankful that you pointed them out for future references, halibabica! ^_^ And I'm glad that you're enjoying the game!! ^_^ :)
halibabica
It can be tough to look for on your own. You just never know where a player may wander. Double-checking the tile set passabilities would be a good start. In this case, it wasn't the entire cliffside that had the issue. There were only a couple of those tiles that were wrong. I think you must have two identical tiles that do different things, and they just got mixed up.
Yeah, halibabica! ^_^ I must've missed all those tile-set passabiility issues x(( (To be honest, mapping mountains is my biggest weakness in RPG maker xD). And yes, I admit it that I confuse the tiles on the mountain tile-sets with their purpose and usage xDD :) I'll do my best to look out for these next time! ^_^