HALI'S REVIEW THREAD (REQUEST YOUR GAME!)

author=halibabica
A'ight, I'm back on the horse. This week in Shattered Hourglass, sponsor Cursed Eagle had a run-in with a kitty and got replaced as a party member. I don't know if it could've beaten the cat, 'cuz it had 1 health from poison damage at the start and the cat was faster. I got bad karma, but I helped a fisherman to make up for it, and it seems the cat is more useful anyway. Now we're bounty-hunting!
Mio is a beast >:D Its crazy high magic stats will help a lot :')
Helo hali,

The single review currently up for this game is for the DEMO and is from years ago. I'm looking for a comprehensive review of the full game. Thanks!

https://rpgmaker.net/games/2693/
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
My foray into Shattered Hourglass has continued, but I seem to be stuck now. I got a bad ending when
Juliet bailed on the group and got murdered by Zulwhern

...and now I can't seem to prevent that from happening. The item I need is in the forest and I don't know what to do to make things go differently. sawworm…?
If you want to smack down some castles while defending your own, here's the perfect game for you:

https://rpgmaker.net/games/10552/

I released the full version yesterday and would be very happy about a review or lets play.

Greetings,
Tw0Face
If you were looking for someone to Let's Play your game you probably would have been better off bugging me about it on youtube.

halibabica
I would like to stream my playing of these games sometime, but I don't know if my computer or internet is up to the task. I have outdated everything and I'm stuck with Comcast where I live, so there's only so much I can do.

Anyway...

I'm still stuck in Shattered Hourglass. Last play session, I was scouting around for sidequests and hoping the solution to my Juliet-leaving problem would present itself. Not a good situation. :\
I would like to stream my playing of these games sometime, but I don't know if my computer or internet is up to the task. I have outdated everything and I'm stuck with Comcast where I live, so there's only so much I can do.

I couldn't help you there. My stuff is also pretty outdated.

But I figured it would make more sense to bug me about a Let's Play on the grounds that I'm probably the most prolific Let's Player this site has.
author=thesacredlobo
But I figured it would make more sense to bug me about a Let's Play on the grounds that I'm probably the most prolific Let's Player this site has.

Sure, feel free to lets play it if you like to.

Greetings,
Tw0Face
author=halibabica
My foray into Shattered Hourglass has continued, but I seem to be stuck now. I got a bad ending when
Juliet bailed on the group and got murdered by Zulwhern

...and now I can't seem to prevent that from happening. The item I need is in the forest and I don't know what to do to make things go differently. sawworm…?

Can you tell me what are your karma points? If any of your karma points are below 5 you'll be forced to see the early bad ending, and preventing that is very difficult since total karma points you can get in that point is very limited. If only Juliet leaves the party you can get another party member later on. Those events happening because of your current highest karma point.

If you are getting the early bad ending, you can send me your save file so I can edit any of your karma points to 5 to bypass that event. Otherwise, you can't get past that place.
halibabica
Oh...I see. I might still be able to salvage this. I got two good karma from completing side quests correctly, and two more for answering hooded Treephop well. I got two bad karma for getting Cursed Eagle killed and screwing up the first karma event, which I guess I should just save scum those after all. I have 1 neutral karma for giving somebody a mediocre axe. I also freed the guy in the succubus' tower, but apparently that's not worth anything.

So if I can find one more good karma point somewhere, I should be okay. I gotta admit, though...it's kinda bogus. I like to approach games like this as 'whatever happens, happens' and it feels like I'm being punished for not cheating it.
You can get 4 of any karma by just talking to hooded Treephop, others can get you easily 5 karma. Don't worry about which path you take though, Good/Bad/Neutral all of them have their moments.
halibabica
This week in Shattered Hourglass, Duran and friends had a very aggravating time. First, they climbed a frosty mountain full of ogres to find a special flower at the top. Good thing this game trained me to save before going anywhere or touching anything at any time ever, because sure enough, the barren mountaintop was hiding a Water Dragon that crawled up from nowhere to fight us. We lost the first fight at the last possible moment, so that was awesome. We tried again later and beat it more easily.

Then we took the flower and had it turned into a potion, and brought it to the guy who requested it. Well, apparently this game didn't train me hard enough that super bosses are lurking around every goddamn corner, because Mother Glacia decided she didn't like my face and bum rushed the party in a battle spanning almost an hour. It took most of my healing resources, all of my patience, and we barely managed to kill her.

And if all that wasn't enough of a kick in the teeth, this quest yielded exactly ZERO karma. So next time, the search for good deeds to do continues!

ARGH
You've done that part already? Now that's what I call determination! Congratulations! Ummm... Do you want me to add one karma for you? The only way to gain any extra karma at that point is saving the fisherman, then recruiting him into your house. (You need to upgrade your house a bit for it)
halibabica
Well, as luck would have it, I did save that fisherman, and I bought all the house upgrades available in Icywland, and as of a minute ago, he is a welcome guest at Duran's home. The quest shall carry on!

But you better believe this grievance is going in the review. |:c
*Shattered Hourglass gains +1 Bad Karma
I know I'm quite a ways down the list, Hali, but please swap spoopy old Chapelwaite (essentially a throwaway event project) for Road To Paradise if you would. Chapelwaite already has a review.
halibabica
They're both on the list, and Road to Paradise is going first.

What, did you think you could escape my wrath?

-----

This week in Shattered Hourglass, Duran put on his big boy pants and went back in time to help Juliet. She showed Zulwhern the business end of her Radiant Blade attack, and the party got back on track. Then we beat up a guard on a tiger, and went on to beat the crap out of the red samurai guy. I was kinda surprised...he went down easier than the tiger guard.

Now in chapter 3, we faced off against the fire lord, who was very gracious to let us pause and save after we beat his cronies and pet. That was a long fight, but we weathered through it, and now we're chilling in Qual. Yay.
author=halibabica
They're both on the list, and Road to Paradise is going first.

What, did you think you could escape my wrath?

-----

This week in Shattered Hourglass, Duran put on his big boy pants and went back in time to help Juliet. She showed Zulwhern the business end of her Radiant Blade attack, and the party got back on track. Then we beat up a guard on a tiger, and went on to beat the crap out of the red samurai guy. I was kinda surprised...he went down easier than the tiger guard.

Now in chapter 3, we faced off against the fire lord, who was very gracious to let us pause and save after we beat his cronies and pet. That was a long fight, but we weathered through it, and now we're chilling in Qual. Yay.
Wow :O You really took a nice pace on beating the bosses. Fire Lord was a big obstacle to everyone's playthrough ^.^
I wouldn't mind another review under my belt, if you get the chance.

We the People - Demo. Classic jrpg-style, a good bit of humor, maybe 2-3 hours, depending on play style.

LP'ers feel free to play too ;)
halibabica
from Oh_Carnby
I wouldn't mind another review under my belt, if you get the chance.

You're queued up!

from sawworm
Wow :O You really took a nice pace on beating the bosses. Fire Lord was a big obstacle to everyone's playthrough ^.^

I can see why he gave people some trouble. His constant recovery was a pain to deal with, but I knew I was in for a long fight, so I took my time and slowly outpaced him.

Speaking of slow outpacings, today in Shattered Hourglass, the group got bum rushed by another surprise boss, this time the King and Queen of Butthole Village and their mighty pet, Cerberus. I couldn't take what they were dishing and fell to them the first time. After reloading, I sought fortune elsewhere and discovered an ancient pyramid. I solved some fun puzzles and walked away with powerful books of black and white magic. With those in hand, I was easily able to turn the tide on Cerberus and co. Between Duran's Time Stop and Mio's Enhance Spell, we could hit the hellhound's weak point twelve times in a single turn! Once all the big guys were done, we pummeled the queen to death for thinking she could only win with support spells.

I don't know what level I should be, but the group is just over 30 now, at about 20 hours in.
author=halibabica
I can see why he gave people some trouble. His constant recovery was a pain to deal with, but I knew I was in for a long fight, so I took my time and slowly outpaced him.

Speaking of slow outpacings, today in Shattered Hourglass, the group got bum rushed by another surprise boss, this time the King and Queen of Butthole Village and their mighty pet, Cerberus. I couldn't take what they were dishing and fell to them the first time. After reloading, I sought fortune elsewhere and discovered an ancient pyramid. I solved some fun puzzles and walked away with powerful books of black and white magic. With those in hand, I was easily able to turn the tide on Cerberus and co. Between Duran's Time Stop and Mio's Enhance Spell, we could hit the hellhound's weak point twelve times in a single turn! Once all the big guys were done, we pummeled the queen to death for thinking she could only win with support spells.

I don't know what level I should be, but the group is just over 30 now, at about 20 hours in.

:O So you are really into making your home much greater than ever! That pyramid place is only visible when you have enough house upgrades. On top of that solving those puzzles! You are doing an amazing job! :~D Have fun with those super sweet (totally not overpowered) scrolls.

Your level range is quite fine. In level 30 you'll get every passive that your Job class can offer, 35 is where your class gets its last skill and 35 to 40 is just for an extra stat boost.