HALI'S REVIEW THREAD (REQUEST YOUR GAME!)

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I might ask you to switch games at this rate haha :P
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from Deckiller
I might ask you to switch games at this rate haha :P
You haven't seen me at my full power. 2018 was such a mess, that I didn't even do half as much RMN game playing as I meant to. NOT EVEN HALF!

If I stay on top of actually playing stuff, this should go much more efficiently.

-----

Anyway...Mydha is the new cheapest boss since Zalgun because I have no idea what you're supposed to do about an attack that literally insta-kills everyone. He uses it randomly, so it's not like I can anticipate it, and it's also not like I could stop him even if I did. There's no reason to even try, so I guess the world will be turned to ash after all.

Still trying to do the rest of what's available, though.
Mydha... yup, he's the real BOSS.

He always (not random) does The End after his Obey skill. You need to Defend with all of your party members. Otherwise, it's going to 99% game over. If you can't survive even with defending I highly recommend MAX HP buff skills from Suan or some similar buff items (Talk-o-maton Job is amazing in this one). Also, his "End is here" skill is a -HP% skill, you need to stay healthy for most of the time...
Well, the good thing is, he's 5 times weak to water. It's a tough battle but manageable. :')

Note: You can skip him if you want. He's just an extra boss that gives players a challenge. ^.^
halibabica
Ah, so it isn't random. The first time I fought this guy was in the previous version, and The End was the move he started the battle with. If it's survivable by defending, then I can probably beat him. I'll put him back on my hit list.
halibabica
Continuing my conquest in this game, Duran and co wandered around a bunch of places they'd already been looking for stuff they missed. They finally found the Poop?! in Chronix, killed a dinosaur they had in their pocket, and wished Qual still existed. Mydha yet lives, but his days are numbered.

I'm trying to find the last silver tokens, but I'm not sure where to look because the hint lady in Trin isn't very helpful. I can't tell if she gives the hints in the order of the tokens or not. She only mentions nineteen out of twenty of them and my old man brain can't sort out where I did and didn't find them.
Which numbered Silver Tokens are you missing in the Tablet?
halibabica
10, 18, & 19. Even directing me to the correct hints would be enough for me.
10th Silver Token is probably the most obscure one, even with hints it's hard to find. It's in the garden area of "Crazy Artist's House" near Seran. (There is a hidden teleport block in the northeast tile)

18th, Do you remember where Fire Lord's place? Just outside of that castle, there is a hidden treasure behind of a tree~ (Hint: It's on the right side!)

19th, It's in the Windmill, east of Qual. (Just like getting Silver Token from Giant Tree)
halibabica
Oh...I should've explored the artist's area more carefully. I got fed up with all the bats in that area on previous visits, and I'm still baffled why the guy disappeared from existence after he killed me the one time.

I'm glad that two of the tokens I missed were completely obscured from view. Time to kill a sea monster.
Fun Fact:
-That guy is a replacement character for your Cat.
-If you beat him before fighting Zulwhern in the Sand Tower dungeon, he joins your party.
halibabica
Ohhhhhhhh, so he vanished because I got an eagle instead. That explains it.

Well, I got my water jets and placed a few more tokens. I need to find one more spot for them before I can move to the deepest depths of the ocean. Those single-tile water hops made me wish for death, though. I feel like this feature could move more quickly...and maybe not use the default water anim? *shrug*
author=halibabica
Those single-tile water hops made me wish for death, though. I feel like this feature could move more quickly...and maybe not use the default water anim? *shrug*

That awkward moment when... I manually added all those jumping events. So, I need to edit all of them once again for that hahaha (I should've used common events)~ I'll definitely make them tolerable in the future :') *noted*
halibabica
Look at it this way: here's your chance to use a common event instead!
halibabica
Another week, another couple sessions of Shattered Hourglass!

Leviathan is now DEAD. I wondered about his "weakness" when he mentioned it at the start of battle, since all of his resistances are 100%, but then Juliet accidentally poisoned him with Zulwhern's sword, and I learned really fast. Once I understood, we were able to tough our way through all three of his forms. It was hard, but seemed mostly fair.

I can't say the same about Mydha. Oh, he's DEAD now too, but fair? I'm not so sure. I really dislike that he has not one, but two devastatingly powerful attacks, and that one heralds the other two turns later. Seriously, why should "The End is Near" be just as strong as "The End?" It's not a warning if the effect is the same! I only beat him by carefully monitoring the turn count so I could brace for double-impact every 8 actions.

But anyway...apart from needing to find 30 sealight blooms (where can I even get this many?), I think all my surface-level stuff is cleared. The party's readying up for the final dungeon, and they're all max level, so we'll see how that goes...
author=halibabica
Another week, another couple sessions of Shattered Hourglass!

Leviathan is now DEAD. I wondered about his "weakness" when he mentioned it at the start of battle, since all of his resistances are 100%, but then Juliet accidentally poisoned him with Zulwhern's sword, and I learned really fast. Once I understood, we were able to tough our way through all three of his forms. It was hard, but seemed mostly fair.

I can't say the same about Mydha. Oh, he's DEAD now too, but fair? I'm not so sure. I really dislike that he has not one, but two devastatingly powerful attacks, and that one heralds the other two turns later. Seriously, why should "The End is Near" be just as strong as "The End?" It's not a warning if the effect is the same! I only beat him by carefully monitoring the turn count so I could brace for double-impact every 8 actions.

But anyway...apart from needing to find 30 sealight blooms (where can I even get this many?), I think all my surface-level stuff is cleared. The party's readying up for the final dungeon, and they're all max level, so we'll see how that goes...

Woooohoooo! Final dungeon time! Congratulations, halibabica! :') I really admire your determination.

Since you've defeated Mydha, you are ready to crush anything that blocks your path.

You can purchase sealight blooms in Qual's Village, there is a bar that sells them.
halibabica
from sawworm
You can purchase sealight blooms in Qual's Village, there is a bar that sells them.
I figured they must be sold somewhere! I just couldn't remember where...the faceless horror will be pleased.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
At this rate I'm just gonna have you review Solitary since the complete version should be out next week and it'll be a short game, not another 15-hour thing to throw on you XDDDD
halibabica
Well, I can't imagine Shattered Hourglass has that much longer to go, but I don't know how long Rezident Evil: It Is Escape will be (though I have a guess). If you want that in place of the chain game, just let me know.
author=halibabica
Well, I can't imagine Shattered Hourglass has that much longer to go

Spoiler alert!

H-hey... there is...

One more chapter... waiting... for... you...

J-just kidding!
halibabica
Shattered Hourglass is (almost) at its end. I've defeated Ice Age, and now having saved the world from time, water, fire, and ice...it seems there's just one dude left. But I don't know where to find the dude because Duran's like "Wlandia's northern island" and I'm like "the map loops and there are lots of islands WTF DURAN?!"

Also, Ice Age is the last monster listed in my bestiary, so I wonder if final badman isn't in the 1.0 version only...which I still haven't solved that error for. I'll redownload the game when I get a chance and see if it works. If not, it's time to finish this.