HALI'S REVIEW THREAD (REQUEST YOUR GAME!)

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Not so Black and White

And so King of Grayscale is done! The complete playlist is up as well.

Next is Road to Paradise. 'Til then!
iT wAs A fUn AdVeNtUrE, hAlI. nExT tImE wE sHoUlD tOtAlLy BuY a PiZzA.
halibabica
OkAy BuT yOu'Re BuYiNg.
How long is Road to Paradise, StormCrow?
halibabica
StormCrow is, uhhh, not in a position to respond, shall we say.

I don't know how long their game is, but it's not a complete project, so it probably won't be a full-length RPG.
Ok, cool! Just finishing up another round of revisions and edits on my game! New download will be up very soon, in time for when you get to it! Will let you know when it is :) Thanks!
Hey Hali. If you have a regular slot, when do you tend to play games for this thread during the week?

Just asking because I have a major work deadline this Friday but after that I can quickly and easily finish my latest round of edits on my game and upload a new download file (only found one gamebreaking bug that I missed this time through!).
halibabica
In a perfect world where I keep to my timetable, I would play/record on Tuesday nights and Saturday nights at 5:30 PM. What actually happens is that I get distracted, depressed, or try to prioritize something else with the time I would've used for that, then my world descends into chaos and disorder until I pick up the pieces a month later and try again.

That said, we're in the latter portion of that cycle and I intend to record my first session of Road to Paradise tomorrow night.
halibabica
Welp, this LT got off to a fantastic start. I updated OBS and did a quick test to make sure it was picking up my audio now, which it was, so I started the game. I adjusted the window position to cut off some frills that window capture was somehow getting, but that resulted in the recording just being off-center. Then it turned out OBS wasn't recording the game's audio this time, so that's pretty great. On top of that, add in some gamepad issues and a hard reset to get a picture off the screen, and this first set of vids is just a hot mess.

But hey, it's happening! More to come for the next five days.

Road to Paradise Playlist

Hey Hali,

Must be tricky to stay motivated to LP a game when not even the author is around to give feedback (as far as I can tell!). This is a strange time for everyone though...

author=halibabica
In a perfect world where I keep to my timetable, I would play/record on Tuesday nights and Saturday nights at 5:30 PM. What actually happens is that I get distracted, depressed, or try to prioritize something else with the time I would've used for that, then my world descends into chaos and disorder until I pick up the pieces a month later and try again.

I totally understand this cycle and am familiar with it myself!

Sorry for radio silence for a little while. I had a crazy week last week and ended up having five job interviews online.

Just shout when you're nearing the end of Road to Paradise though! I am very nearly done with latest TCS and if you give me a warning that should motivate me to do the last few edits and reupload...

Keep up the good work!
Yay I am waiting for TCS. Being one of the first games I reviewed I am really curious to see the LP.... ^_^
halibabica
author=Faenon
Just shot when you're nearing the end of Road to Paradise though! I am very nearly done with latest TCS and if you give me a warning that should motivate me to do the last few edits and reupload...

Keep up the good work!

How timely this is. I just finished recording the end of Road to Paradise! I had a bunch of weird issues that resulted in me having to record it over, and managed to clean it up in one single episode. Even so, I still have to review it and draw a li'l fanart, so you'll have at least until next week before I'm ready for another LP.

The only reason this took two weeks to do is because I hit the other end of that cycle again. It's like clockwork, I tell ya.
I was told to request a Pixel Story LP since my KoG one has now been LP'd.

The person who told me to make the request may or may not have been myself.
author=halibabica
Even so, I still have to review it and draw a li'l fanart, so you'll have at least until next week before I'm ready for another LP.

Ok, great! I'll have it uploaded by the start of Monday.

Just watched some of your Road to Paradise LP. You can record with game sounds in OBS, yes?
halibabica
Yes, some settings just got reset when OBS updated, and I didn't realize it in time for the first recording session. The final part going up today has game audio.
Sweet. Yeah I saw your other LPs had audio after I posted my pointless question. :)
Just uploading latest version of TCS now. Shouldn't take too long.
Edit: All done. Enjoy, Hali! And thanks.
Guess I'll throw my game Scar of Shadows into the queue. Right now it's about 3 hours long but it might be even longer by the time you finish your queue!
halibabica
A Brief Introduction...

Road to Paradise Playlist

Next time, I'll be recording The Cerebral Symphony. Whoo!