HALI'S REVIEW THREAD (REQUEST YOUR GAME!)

Whoo, indeed! I'm exciiiiiiiiited. Cheers, Hali.
I want to add my game Port Traventor to the review queue. It's not finished yet, so I don't have any link to offer. But I'm quite sure it will be ready as soon as its turn comes.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I prefer to only list games that have actual game pages, but since it's going to take me three hundred years to get through this list anyway, I'll let you stake a claim.
halibabica
Okay, I started playing Cerebral Symphony. The episodes of my first session will start going up on my channel tomorrow, but I have to apologize for the audio quality because I had another random tech issue.

For whatever reason, my laptop mic got really ear-rapey and recorded my voice in a manner I can only describe as "atrocious." When I tried to get to the bottom of the issue, I restarted my computer and the problem went away.

>:\

So I did a few more experiments to see what else might be causing problems, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, the next recording's audio won't be complete ass.

In other news, I co-commentated on a full playthrough of Yoshi's Archipelago which will also be uploaded. That one will be in a lot of chunks, so it's gonna take a while. I'll have something similar for RMN World soon as well. Nice?
Re-record it? :P

Also, love a good LP of a SMBX game. Nice.
halibabica
author=Faenon
Re-record it? :P

If a quality production is what I was aiming for, I would. However, since these videos are meant to be critically-oriented, I think my first time reactions are important as a form of feedback. I only intend to re-record things if I absolutely have to, like in Road to Paradise when the recording failed (twice).

That said, I don't think this session is insufferable, just noticeably bad. Future attempts should go more smoothly.
Do you plan to post the videos here, Hali?
halibabica
I can't comment here every time a new video goes up, or it would just be me endlessly double-posting like my Aidyn comic thread.

The series has begun, though. The entire first session (four episodes) is up and can be found in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0kClmPQern3rq3aeCm7ZaoJU96SpypU5

Again, sorry for the bad audio quality. It's better in the next session, which is a bit shorter, but will be going up for the next three days.

Also, the Yoshi's Archipelago episodes have started to post and can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0kClmPQern2a0iiXBbUwraOObRXhlSLI
Thanks Hali. For family household reasons, my youtube is irritatingly stuck in 'restricted mode' right now (which for some reason means I can't watch video 3 and 4), but I will watch them all at some point. Thank you very much!
halibabica
There was probably swearing in them or something. I flag all my videos as Not For Kids just in case, but I don't know how that applies to restricted mode.
Don't give up with TCS, Hali! You can beat those spiders.

It's about to get really good after the dungeon you are currently in...

I think Part 4 and 5 could be unviewable to me because of something written in the video title and/or description. Any chance you could change them?

Also...I miss screenshots in this thread.

Many thanks!
halibabica
I haven't given up on it. I just had a major bout of depression this month and didn't do much of anything for three weeks.

I checked the description of Pt.4 and removed a word that might have been an issue, but Pt.5's title and description are perfectly fine, so I don't know what went wrong there. I guess that might be the episode where I dropped an F bomb by accident? I dunno.

Anyway, I can't really take screenshots while playing, but I suppose the video thumbnails would work. I'll try to get back up and running very soon.
unity
You're magical to me.
It's a very depressing time. Take care of yourself and I hope you can feel better if possible!
author=halibabica
I haven't given up on it. I just had a major bout of depression this month and didn't do much of anything for three weeks.

I checked the description of Pt.4 and removed a word that might have been an issue, but Pt.5's title and description are perfectly fine, so I don't know what went wrong there. I guess that might be the episode where I dropped an F bomb by accident? I dunno.

Anyway, I can't really take screenshots while playing, but I suppose the video thumbnails would work. I'll try to get back up and running very soon.

Sorry to hear this. I get it. I've been quite low recently too, with a particularly big dip about a month ago. Global pandemics are tough. Stay thankful. One of the things I'm thankful for is TCS LPs! But no pressure, no rush, at all.
halibabica

And we're finally back. Let's see if I can keep this rolling now. Three more episodes in this set.
Yay! Lol, all of the new videos are unviewable with my family-friendly filter on. Never mind. Looking forward to getting to a computer where I can watch them! Thanks, Hali!
halibabica
RIP you. I don't even say anything that nasty. I don't flag my videos as 'for kids,' but I'm not exactly swearing up and down either. I don't know why your filter is so strict.

halibabica
Wow, when I keep up with my recording schedule, I actually make some pretty decent progress! As of yesterday's session, I'm at the start of the final dungeon. The videos are still going up daily and I've started linking them all here. We're covered up through the 26th for now, but my next session on Thursday might polish it off for good.

Woohoo! All of a sudden I can watch all the videos! Not sure what happened... Maybe you changed something, or maybe it's because I'm on holiday and it's a router-level filter at home used to protect my daughter etc. that was messing things up! I've got a lot of catching up to do. Thanks so much for doing this, Hali!
Just a heads up you can scrap Shooty and the Catfish Episode 2 now that the full game is out! :O