HEAT MY COMPUTER

Pages: first 12 next last
if I played game type RMMVX and RMMVX ace my computer is not heating a lot but if I play RMMV a heater heats up to turn out my computer.How played RMMV do not heat to lot
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've heard of MV games lagging like a snail (this thread has a bit to say about that), but, overheating a computer to the point where it shuts itself off? That sounds exceptionally dangerous.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
You should probably take your computer to a repair shop.
There's probably dust clogging up your fans. Dust tends to build up a lot overtime.
Higher end games will need more processing power, which causes heat and the fan kicks in. If it's a laptop, get a cooling pad. Clean it. Get airflow and cold temperatures in the room if possible. If it's an old computer you might not be able to do anything to solve it.

Try stuff before going to a repair shop. They won't be able to "repair" it. They will probably just tell you that you need a new motherboard or something and charge you more than the cost of a new computer. Might as well put that money towards a replacement instead.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
When I had to get my HD replaced, the shop offered a yearly dust cleaning for my lappy for free, so yeah.
author=Link_2112
Higher end games will need more processing power, which causes heat and the fan kicks in. If it's a laptop, get a cooling pad. Clean it. Get airflow and cold temperatures in the room if possible. If it's an old computer you might not be able to do anything to solve it.

Try stuff before going to a repair shop. They won't be able to "repair" it. They will probably just tell you that you need a new motherboard or something and charge you more than the cost of a new computer. Might as well put that money towards a replacement instead.

The another war to small Heat
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Many small Heats make big Heat
author=Marrend
I've heard of MV games lagging like a snail (this thread has a bit to say about that), but, overheating a computer to the point where it shuts itself off? That sounds exceptionally dangerous.

Yeah, wow. I am very surprised to hear that about RMMV. I haven't actually used it for more than just putzing around for 10 mins, so I don't have any experience.

RMMV shouldn't be considered a 'high end game' enough to blow your system.

I would suggest getting a can of compressed air, unplugging your PC, opening up your panel and blow dusting the crap out of it. Preferably outside or in a garage where you don't care about dust.

This might not solve your issue but it could help and is worth a shot.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
RMMV will run on a toaster.

If your computer is overheating to the point of shutting off, it needs to be repaired. Get the thermal paste replaced. It's not an expensive repair since it's only labor, not parts.
It might not be a high end game, but it would be higher end then older version of RM. If it doesn't heat with older engines and only heats with the new engine, then MV is passing some kind of threshold where the cpu needs to work hard enough to cause heat. And don't forget, we don't know the specs of OP's computer.

2k3

CPU Intel® Pentium®4 1.5GHz -
RAM 256 MB or more

Ace

CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz equivalent or faster processor
RAM 512 MB or more

MV

CPU Intel Core2 Duo or better
RAM 2GB or more

Or it could just be a coincidence. Maybe OP is using the other engines during shorter computer sessions, and MV for a long time and it's just getting hot after X minutes. Or they use Ace in the cool basement, and then like to chill out in the sauna and do some MV work.

Anyways, there are options to try before going to a repair shop for overheating. And then you'd have to trust that you're bringing it to a reputable place. Many of them will prey on people who don't know any better. When they have your computer back there, they could say it's anything and few people would be able to challenge it. Happens all the time. They could say the problem is with the carbon fibre heat shield and bussard collectors, and most people would agree and pay whatever.

Unfortunately I don't understand OP, so we may never know.
It's not an expensive repair since it's only labor,
<link removed>
warcraft 3 can overheat my laptop and cause it to shut off. Pretty sure its beacuse my laptop is as crappy as it gets. I can run MV games but after a while it starts whining really loud and menus take 5 seconds to respond. I'm sorry, the spec requirements from VXA to MV is a huge leap.
Maybe that's why some people are complaining about lagging in MV. They just assume it should run if ACE does, cause I believe it looks mostly the same?, and they have crappy computers.
I have currently a overheat problem with my laptop, too. But only for one MV-Game.
Specs: Intel i5 6200 U (dual core, 2,3 GHz), Graphic: AMD Radeon R7 440 16 GB.

The game runs from the start with 10-15°C more than other MV-Games until it even shuts down. We even tried to disable most of the scripts, running, animation etc (also Steam overlay). But nothing helped.

We noticed that the FPS is dropping notable when pressing a key or when loading.

My hope now is for a coolpad, but that isn't the solution of the problem.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Marrend

We got MV all right, Pixel Game Maker MV... I really hate Enterbrain now.
May be you need to check your fanners first and replace them?
I think so!
Try to check your fanners first and replace them
Sooz
So you're saying a good idea is to check your fanners first and replace them?
i'll check my fanner pack
Pages: first 12 next last