MISAO NOMINATION THREAD: A YEAR-ROUND CELEBRATION OF GAMS!

Pages: first 123 next last
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Guess what, kids? Misao nominations are now open ALL YEAR, so we can honor great gams in real time!

This thread is for general recommendation, predictions, and other Misao-related chatter. Nom some gam, then come and tell us what you nommed and why! LET'S GET SOME PROMO UP IN HERE!

"Wait what?" I hear some of y'all say, "How do I nominate gam?" Fortunately for all of us, there's an article here explaining that very thing!

This year, the categories have been revised. The new categories are as follows:

Best Game Title
The most clever, original, witty, or cool game title of the year.

Best Game Profile
The raddest presentation and marketing of the game.

"Eye Candy" Award
Raddest Graphics & Artwork. An excellent example of art direction and cohesive vision.

Summoner of Sounds
The best soundtrack and creative use of sound.

Excellence in Narrative
The project you think is most effective at telling its story. Think in terms of its presentation, writing, clarity, cutscene direction, or Shyamalan twists.

The "How the Hell Did They Do That?" Award
The game that displays the most technical prowess and feats of ingenuity in gameplay.

"Lawsuit Waiting To Happen" Award
Best Fan Game/Use of rips

The Dark Souls of RMN
The game that delivers the best challenges or coolest puzzles

Punniest Game Alive
Comedic game of the year. Pick the funniest game you played this year, with the best humour and/or the best/worst puns.

Trippiest Game
The game that was most strange, bizarre, psychedelic, offbeat, and quirky released this year.

The kentona Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
A game you think needs more recognition for whatever spurious reason

Year of the Dog
Best use of animals/doggos/pets/alpacas in a game this year.

Best First Game
For a developer's first game ever.

Most Promising Demo
The demo released this year you think has the most potential to be amazing.

Game of the Year
The absolute best game you played from RMN for the current year (any genre).

Libby is totally awesome and is compiling a monthly list of every new game! Praise her! And then check out the games!

Games of 2018
January
February
March
April

NOW GO FORTH AND NOMINATE GAMES!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Because I don't mind shamelessly self promoting stuff, here is an article that I wrote about this topic (Unfortunately I haven't released any games this year yet, otherwise I would shamelessly self promote that too.)

https://rpgmaker.net/articles/2504/
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Cool, expect me to post here.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=kory_toombs
Because I don't mind shamelessly self promoting stuff, here is an article that I wrote about this topic (Unfortunately I haven't released any games this year yet, otherwise I would shamelessly self promote that too.)

https://rpgmaker.net/articles/2504/

Excellent, added that to OP.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Well, there's something to aim for! :D
Best first game is a fantastic idea for a category. Love it!
Just so you guys know, I'm working on a series of articles that show off what games are eligible for the misaoes this year, each month. January's is getting close to done and I'll post it here when finished.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Cool!
I guess Aria's Story is the only serious release so far. I like the look and it got featured on itch.
Final Fantasy vs. Dog and Piano's Alpaca Moon are probably worth a look too.
Eldritch Law got a demo.

I'm still playing Chronicles of Tsufanebra, but these are things with download, which got my attention.
Aria isn't currently on the site so it doesn't count for Misaos until it's added (well, the download hasn't been added, anyway. The page is here. I hope it hurries up so I can download it. No, I'm not going to itch to nab it. Dev said they'd be releasing it here soon, so it's just a matter of seeing if it hits January or not XD).
Sooz
author=Liberty
Just so you guys know, I'm working on a series of articles that show off what games are eligible for the misaoes this year, each month. January's is getting close to done and I'll post it here when finished.

Freakin sweet!
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Awwwww yeeeeeaaaah
The best thing about this isn't the streamline of the categories, it's the fact that you can now vote all year round. I think we're really going to see a much wider variety of games getting recognised, instead of a landslide victory. Not that I think previous winners didn't deserve them - but this will shake things up in the most positive way.

author=Liberty

This is an excellent idea as well.
author=Liberty
Aria isn't currently on the site so it doesn't count for Misaos until it's added (well, the download hasn't been added, anyway. The page is here. I hope it hurries up so I can download it. No, I'm not going to itch to nab it. Dev said they'd be releasing it here soon, so it's just a matter of seeing if it hits January or not XD).

Nooooooooo! I am already behind on makerscore.
You could nominate all year around always... afaik.
author=Liberty
You could nominate all year around always... afaik.

I truthfully never realised that! That could have slipped under my radar due to that fact that I don't spend enough time here though.
Sooz
It was never really advertised. I didn't know, myself!

Hopefully this thread will help to get more attention to that! I am all about getting some love to games all year round!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

"Nominations for a year take place all year round. You can nominate a game from January 1st to December 31st." Direct Quote from the article.
it should say:

"Nominations for a year take place all year round. You can nominate a game from some date in January when kentona actually sets the categories and opens voting to December 31st."
Sooz
author=kory_toombs
"Nominations for a year take place all year round. You can nominate a game from January 1st to December 31st." Direct Quote from the article.

I do not read RMN for the articles.
Pages: first 123 next last