MISAO NOMINATION THREAD: A YEAR-ROUND CELEBRATION OF GAMS!

Pages: first prev 123 next last
Choo Choo! Here's the first of 12 articles!

https://rpgmaker.net/articles/2528/

Banana marked images are my personal recommendations. Share thoughts and your own recommendations of those games in the list within this thread or the article comments! Share footage if you do LPs, so others can see, and click on the images to be taken to the game pages!

Let's play games!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
nice work libs :)
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Freakin awesome. Added to the OP. Thanks for the great work, Libs!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Committing necromancy to announce that Libby's compiled the list of games for February!!!

Go forth and play the heck out of and nominate them!
Sooz
...didn't I already post here about it? I'm sure I did. Wtf? I even had STATS! STATS!!!

Did... I forget to hit submit?

I'm so confused...

AHEM: Stats -
25 complete games
20 demos
9 bananas given
5+ hours of compiling

I found it. it's in the complete wrong thread.
i'm no longer confused
Sooz
I got your back, brah :)
Poor Libby. XD I somehow completely missed this thread's existence and I'm def going to use it from now on!
Sooz
Hooray! Noms for the Nom God!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
So, any seasonal games catch anybody's eye? Did a dumb game do something interesting? How about something that was on random theme? Any ships that sailed (or sank) for swaps?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Not sure if this thread was very successful. I think the format of opening a thread a couple of weeks prior to the vote gets peoples attention more than something that's just here all year.

I'm not sure if I should do that this year or not with the existence of this thread??? I still have a month to think about it.

I can point out a game that might be a lawsuit waiting to happen...
Sooz
Life happened and I forgot about the thread. :/

Not that this prevents anyone else from going in and posting links or something, but apparently nobody actually cares that much.
OR DO THEY?!

APRIL-->
<--(IM)POSSIBLES

Edit - These take a bit to make. I'll try to get us caught back up.

- STATS -
10x Completed Games
3 x Demos
7 x Nifty Sneks
2-3 Hours Compiling
I might (definitely) just be out of the loop, but have we had any non-commercial big hitters come out this year? It's been a great year for event/jam games though.
Sooz
author=Illy
OR DO THEY?!

Well, shit, guess I better get back on this then!

author=Sgt M
I might (definitely) just be out of the loop, but have we had any non-commercial big hitters come out this year? It's been a great year for event/jam games though.

Not that I pay a lot of attention, but I think it's been p. quiet. Still, that doesn't mean there aren't any good gams hidden away! If nothing else, it means maybe we won't have a single game dominating the list.

(We totally will.)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I think we got a load of event games to cover, but no big hitters since Aria.
If a game isn't listed in the article of the respective month, does that mean it's not eligible? If so, can I ask what the eligibility criteria is (over and above the site's general eligibility criteria for submissions)?

I know release date is a factor; but the final version (minus any bugfix updates if needed; but they haven't been) was released bang on 1st January yet wasn't listed here. I realise it might not look nomination worthy at first glance, but for anyone who's actually played it to completion (or even half way) it should quickly become apparent it should be a good contender for difficulty-related categories.
The eligibility criteria is:
- game needs to have a substantial release within this year
- download needs to be added to game page

Timezones are a thing. Just because it was released 1st of Jan your timezone doesn't necessarily mean it was in the timezone the site operates on (0 GMT iirc).

You can't nominate your own games. Your game needs to be nominated by a few people to get into the actual voting part of the misaos.

I would recommend that you get someone to at least review your game so that people might get curious. The more people who play, the more likely it will get nominated.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I feel I played more RPG Maker games last year than this year.
Sooz
author=kory_toombs
I feel I played more RPG Maker games last year than this year.

Sounds like a personal problem to me
Pages: first prev 123 next last