MISAO NOMINATION THREAD: A YEAR-ROUND CELEBRATION OF GAMS!

Pages: first prev 123 last
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Sooz
author=kory_toombs
I feel I played more RPG Maker games last year than this year.
Sounds like a personal problem to me

No worries, kory. I'm a ruin too. On the hill opposing yours, we're sitting, fields are almost like we're holding hands.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Sooz
author=kory_toombs
I feel I played more RPG Maker games last year than this year.
Sounds like a personal problem to me

Sounds like a personnel problem to me
author=1
"Lawsuit Waiting To Happen" Award
This sounds quite like insulting title. There a nothing funny in being scared by lawsuits. Must be free of this fear!

But anyway, Day Dreaming Derpy for Best Fangame!
https://rpgmaker.net/games/9424/
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Dragol
author=1
"Lawsuit Waiting To Happen" Award
This sounds quite like insulting title. There a nothing funny in being scared by lawsuits. Must be free of this fear!

But anyway, Day Dreaming Derpy for Best Fangame!
https://rpgmaker.net/games/9424/

You gotta click that Nominate button on the gamepage bro
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
We should round up interesting games somehow. One method would be to throw around random names of games and make a list of interesting releases or work hard on Misao (Im)possibles. I'm sure I could make one or two months.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I mean that was originally the idea here but for all that we bitch about the selection at the Misaos, nobody really seems all that interested in discussing games outside the game pages. So I guess we get the awards we deserve!
my xmas morning hasn't started yet but i just wanted to say nominate final fantasy vs dog for all categories
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Seeing Darken's post here, I would like to say that his two late games Nemoral and Kryopolis are both worth checking.

After making a little research, the two most notable rmn non-commercial releases of 2018 are
Fire Rmnblem
Dyhalto finally released a proper game and its something to talk about. To make it even better the game includes many members of this community and makes for one of the best community games we got.

Aria's Story
A highly polished horror game, which got featured here and on itch.io. Devs can use their resources and the game itself works well with fairly known grounds of the genre.

Both of these got featured already. I think it's a pretty good indicator of their qualities.
Also Momeka's Grimps 2 got released and featured in 2018.
Dirge of Doningoth is also really good! Do not be fooled by the RTP or the oldschool RPG comedy, there's a kickass dungeon in it with a gimmick that would be for an entire game.

Off the Table Pretty small game but easy pick for "First Game" category for me. Good aesthetic too.
:s Pretty much the only RMN game I ended up playing this year was King of Grayscale.

That being said, I'll nominate it, it was a beautiful retro throwback and I seriously appreciate that. :)

author=Cap_H
Fire Rmnblem

I TOTALLY need to play that. I forget why I never got around to it, I hear nothing but good things!
Yeah, I don't have really anything new to contribute to the mix,
but I do wanna echo some stuff:

Eldritch Law, Nightblade's remake to Demon Legacy, had a great demo, with a really innovative game mechanic this year.

Grimps 2: probably the best looking arcade puzzle game made in RM2003, this year.

Kryopolis, a really cool, axe wielding, short survival horror game made for IGMC.

Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass had a really solid commercial release this year. It's not eligible for the misaos.
But it's worth mentioning because it was something that happened this year,
and I'm seeing it show up on couple of places outside of RMN.

Dirge of Doningoth does have a really cool dungeon that's worth checking out!
I made a post about it and included a save file so other people can quickly try it out.
Hopefully it'll go through before nominations close:

Darken mentioned this game had a really cool dungeon with a gimmick that would be for an entire game.
So I tried it...

...and I absolutely agree! This kicks so much ass!

For those curious here's a save file that jumps you straight to the Seasonal Dungeon in Dirge of Doningoth.
(Just enter the cave and talk to the Elf girl)

My favorite part - I think - is when you have to get the Watering Can from the Farmer in Autumn, so you can use it on the Tree Seed in Spring. So that, when you return to autumn again, you'll have a fully grown tree that you can finally climb to your next destination -- This was really well done, congrats Sidewinder! This one dungeon could be an entire game in itself.

Everyone, please check this out.
Reposting IGMC info:

Also worth noting the Top 10 for the IGMC have been announced. Also People's Choice results are in. Creaptive Heart taking the first. Some of these games may or may not be in RMN but they are all obvious 2018 games worth checking out.

Some of the highlight games that are on RMN and are nominate-able:

Dia:Dol - Diamond Idol (Top 10)
Circuit (Top 10)
Kryopolis (Top 10)
Umbral (People's Choice #2)
Momo Bomber (People's Choice #24)
The Chronicles of Espiria (People's Choice #28)

Still a day left for nominations, so I doubt everyone will have time to play this all, but just in case you played some IGMC entries and forgot if they're on RMN or not. I kind of wish we could just nominate more than 1 for each category at this point.
Hi.
I have surely missed something, but why is there no: something like-game of the year, the best game you have played this year.?
I know it`s categories for funniest game, best translated and maybe some more.
But it`s maybe too hard to choose the absolutely best game from all the great games that hascoming out .
About that i feel like Darken said:2019 is gonna be year of the rm2k/3(with some exceptions of course. But it`s really great to see all great RM2K3 games 2019.
Sooz
author=kenlan
Hi.
I have surely missed something, but why is there no: something like-game of the year, the best game you have played this year.?

author=Sooz
The kentona Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
A game you think needs more recognition for whatever spurious reason

Game of the Year
The absolute best game you played from RMN for the current year (any genre).
all the games of section in RMN are awesome but how can i nominate this please help me
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
On each gamepage, there is a "Nominate" button. However, it's functionality is tied to either when the gamepage was made public, or the latest download. Misaos are tied to the current year, generally speaking, so, only the games that had a release during the current year should have the "Nominate" button be active in the first place.

How to Vote on the Misaos
1.Login to RMN
2.Go to the game you wish to vote on.
EXAMPLE: https://rpgmaker.net/games/11228/
3.Click "Nominate"
4.Select the categories you wish for the game to win in.
5.Hit "Save".

Nominations Begin: NOW till Dec 31st
Voting Starts: On Jan 1st - 31st.

6.Don't Walk, Run to the Misaos.

...I haven't forgotten about this, just trying to fix my schedule so I can do more stuff with this.
But yeah, maybe one day we'll have a proper video that doesn't explain things so fast.
where is the nomination button i also want to participate because i love this series of RMN
author=ashish2903
where is the nomination button i also want to participate because i love this series of RMN .

Go the page of the game you want nominated, and click on the Nominate button on the game page's navigation. :)
Pages: first prev 123 last