HELLO AND GOOD EVENING EVERYONE!

Pages: first 12 next last
I am ModeGone and I have been stalking following RMN for a while. I figured it was high time I join the site. Furthermore I have been wanting to try and create something myself but every time I have an idea and start to work on it, I get distracted by another idea that seems just as fascinating. While I am fairly decent with creating my own sprites I am not so great at arranging custom tilesets or figuring out how to balance the combat by stat adjustments alone.

I've grown up playing RPGs all my life, RPGMaker games less so but still for a significant amount of time. I have practically been preaching the wonders of what people can create in RPGMaker to friends when they disregard it when they cite all the first attempts at games scattered across the net and some commercial titles that are dismissed as subpar shovelware.

Some of my favorite titles that I have played through this site include the Blackmoon Prophecy games, Paradise Blue, Necropolis, Dreaming Mary, Oneshot, The Last Word, Wither, Zu, Safety: Life Is A Maze, Professor McLogic, the Befuddle Quest series, Account Mu, and Sunken Spire. I still think it is a crying shame that Necropolis died off and for some strange reason I prefer the contest version of Last Word's battle graphics for the characters over the ones from the commercial version.

I've always been interested in creating a mission board RPG set in a magitek/cyberpunk corporation. The last idea I toyed with however was your standard fantasy setting where you play as an assassin. The first task you are hired for is to prevent the union of two neighboring nations via marriage lest the united kingdom has the strength further down the line to invade your current contractee's lands under the guise of a holy war. Whether they would really do this is up to you to find out. Ideally the way you dissolve the marriage would lead into how the next phase of the game plays out. Should you poison, strangle, or gut the bride? The groom? Both? Make it look like one of them murdered the other or someone else in their kingdoms did it? Make it look like suicide? Strike their relatives instead to make them split of their own volition? What if you drum up resentment among the peasantry and use one of the locals to lead an attempted coup d'etat? I was so focused on how many possibilities I could come up with that I grew more and more distressed at figuring out how to program it all into the game.

I hope you all have a wonderful day/night/whatever time it is where you are.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Hi ModeGone! Welcome to RMN. I'm happy that you've joined the site, and I also share your struggle with being distracted with the next fascinating idea. Thanks for listing my game in amongst those other, way more amazing games. I'm glad you enjoyed it that much. Your idea for a story sounds fantastic. You seem to have a great knack for lore and an eye for attention to detail. Hit me up via private message if you need some feedback, or anything, really. I hang out on the RMN Discord mostly, but I check my Mailbox regularly.

Welcome!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Whatup brah
author=CashmereCat
Hi ModeGone! Welcome to RMN. I'm happy that you've joined the site, and I also share your struggle with being distracted with the next fascinating idea. Thanks for listing my game in amongst those other, way more amazing games. I'm glad you enjoyed it that much. Your idea for a story sounds fantastic. You seem to have a great knack for lore and an eye for attention to detail. Hit me up via private message if you need some feedback, or anything, really. I hang out on the RMN Discord mostly, but I check my Mailbox regularly.

Welcome!
Thank you for the welcome and sympathies, Cashmere! Of course I listed Account Mu there. It was a bit frustrating at times but it was a good batch of puzzles with very clean spritework.
author=Sooz
Whatup brah
Not much, what about yourself?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=ModeGone

Same, same. Bout to get my bath on up in here. Cleanliness is next to gamliness, after all!
author=Sooz
author=ModeGone
Same, same. Bout to get my bath on up in here. Cleanliness is next to gamliness, after all!

As long as its gaming and not gamely, am I right?
By the by your avatar is somewhat disturbing. 'Tis a vision quite fell!
Sooz
That is a v. rude thing to say about my selfie. :(
author=Sooz
That is a v. rude thing to say about my selfie. :(

I'm sorry if I came across as impolite but your head is an ever shifting mass of smaller faces?
Sooz
Listen just because I'm a multidimensional being from a noneuclidean nightmare dimension doesn't make it OK for you to dismiss my feelings.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Sooz
Listen just because I'm a multidimensional being from a noneuclidean nightmare dimension doesn't make it OK for you to dismiss my feelings.

I look forward to your sitcom. "One's a plain-Jane from the city, the other's a multidimensional being from a noneuclidean nightmare dimension. Can they share a room without driving each other crazy?"

author=ModeGone
I am ModeGone and I have been stalking following RMN for a while. I figured it was high time I join the site. Furthermore I have been wanting to try and create something myself but every time I have an idea and start to work on it, I get distracted by another idea that seems just as fascinating.

Welcome to RMN! Glad to have you here ^_^

I often had that problem, getting distracted from one idea to work on another. Can't claim I still don't suffer from it, but I find honing in on one project (or sometimes two >.>;;) and not letting go until its finished can work for me. Best of luck with whatever you end up bringing to life! :D
Sooz
author=unity
I look forward to your sitcom. "One's a plain-Jane from the city, the other's a multidimensional being from a noneuclidean nightmare dimension. Can they share a room without driving each other crazy?"

Crazy with LOVE!
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Welcome to RMN! We are happy to finally have you :D

(foreverrr)
author=Sooz

As long as you don't casually drive people insane we'll be okay. Dad always claimed to be Satan after all so what's a little cosmic horror between friendly acquaintances?
author=unity
author=Sooz

Plain Jane is a bit of a stretch. Like I said: Dad would always claim to be Satan. I'm not the Antichrist as that would be my older brother since Dad always wanted him to get into his line of work (programming... which falls in line with the Ah My Goddess variant of Hell to be honest).
author=unity
Welcome to RMN! Glad to have you here ^_^

I often had that problem, getting distracted from one idea to work on another. Can't claim I still don't suffer from it, but I find honing in on one project (or sometimes two >.>;;) and not letting go until its finished can work for me. Best of luck with whatever you end up bringing to life! :D

Thank you for the welcome and thank you very much for the advice. A bit ill timed since just this morning I'm working on a character spriteset and some designs for the Monster Drawing contest for practice, not to mention taking a few recently updated games out for a spin.
author=Sooz
Crazy with LOVE!

Platonic, erotic, familial, obsessive, or divine?
author=InfectionFiles
Welcome to RMN! We are happy to finally have you :D

(foreverrr)

Thank you very much for the welcome and the worrisome remark.
Sooz
author=ModeGone
As long as you don't casually drive people insane we'll be okay. Dad always claimed to be Satan after all so what's a little cosmic horror between friendly acquaintances?

Kid, you're gonna do just fine here. :)

author=Sooz
Crazy with LOVE!
Platonic, erotic, familial, obsessive, or divine?

Take your pick! It's a choose your own sitcom now!
author=Sooz
Kid, you're gonna do just fine here. :)

That either bodes ill or strangely fun.
author=Sooz
Take your pick! It's a choose your own sitcom now!

And that is a bizarre concept. It would make a strange mix of Adventure and Sim, hopefully not a Otome Dating Sim though... I know there is one where you can woo a young girl form of Nyarlathotep and I'm very sure there's oodles of ones where you can woo demons.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Welcome to the forum!
author=Mirak
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much for the welcome, Mirak.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Welcome to RMN, ModeGone!
Enjoy your stay!^^
author=Marrend
Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!

Thank you for the welcome. Eh heh, so far the creativity being shared is just shoddy sprites for the monster contest.
By the by, I see that Medusa. Fan of Fate/ or just liked the look?
author=OldPat
Welcome to RMN, ModeGone!
Enjoy your stay!^^

Thank you for the welcome as well. I hope I do.
Pages: first 12 next last