QUESTION: SHOWING A CHARACTER'S FACE ON THE MINI-STATUS DURING BATTLE?

Pages: 1
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and it was great to see a webstie dedicated to RPG maker games and the different things you can do. I just purchased RPG Maker Ace and know 'very limited' customization but does anyone know of a program that lets you show the faces of the characters in your team overlayed with the mini-status bar during battles? I did check on google and here but... I'm not exactly sure how do word it and haven't found an answer.

Do you know what I mean? Those little boxes that show hp/mp remaining during any fight with a monster. Is there a way to make a tranparent picture of that person from you party onto that without obscuring the information? Or a pix above them like on Hero & Daughter, if anyone is familiar with that?

I'm also looking for some 'lighting' effects where having a flashlight would give you a certain amount of vision and other lights sources would illuminate that as well in dark places. There's one on the steam version as a DLC but its expensive and doesn't have the best reviews. I'd also like to mix this with weather effects from fog to rain or snow at random, except for certain scenes which would need it as part of the story.

Someone gave me a rubyscript to try but it crashes the game anytime I used it. Either that or I didn't put it in the right place. I figured this would be the best place to ask as you guys would have the experience. Could anyone help me out? I don't have any script experience so I just wanted to make that clear. I would be grateful for any help! :)

Do you know where I add this script? I tried copy and paste but the game would not load saying there were errors. Should I be doing something different? I'm sorry I don't understand Ruby script much but I'm trying to learn. If anyone could help to walk me through this, I'd be so thankful! :)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Go into the script editor. You can get there either via the Tools drop-down, the icon on the bar, or F11. Find the section labeled "▼ Materials" near the end. Under that label is where you would place/paste that script, or any other custom script.

Hope this helps!
Pages: 1