[RMVX ACE] SHOWING AS TILES INSTEAD OF AS PICTURES

Pages: 1
I'm showing a picture on screen and it's lined up with the chipset, but when the map scrolls a bit the picture stays in place while the map moves. I'm not seeing any obvious options like 2k3 had where you can make the picture scroll with the map so it stays in allignment. Am I missing something? Please tell me this isn't a huge flaw in Ace. I'm sick of coming across those...
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I think the reason the pictures are set up like this is so you can set up UI or something. If you want something that's not like this you could set up the picture as a character and event it in.
author=Link_2112
Please tell me this isn't a huge flaw in Ace.
Ok, since the answer to this question is a frustrating YES, then how the hell do tilesets work in Ace?

Because so far I'm failing to do the simplest of things. I took my picture and isolated the part I need to show above the hero. I did read the help file and it indicates that you put things on E tab for the upper layer.

When I set these tiles to STAR, which I assume still means it shows above hero?, the tiles act like I put an X on them. Unless I hold CTRL which allows me to walk onto them. Only then do I see these tiles really do show above the hero.

What is going on here? Before I put anything on the E tab I could walk on every tile. I haven't used any tiles at all yet and was using a blank tileset, because I'm using parallax mapping. I went to a blank tileset in the database, adding just one image to the E tab, and placed it on the map. That's it.

I tried adding the same image to another tab so I could put O tiles under my STAR tiles, hoping it would let walk on them, but instead it OVERWRITES the STAR tiles. I can walk on them, but they longer appear above the hero. I don't see anything in the help file that talks about tile passibility AT ALL.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

What is the simplest way to add a few tiles in lower layer and upper layer? I want a simple banister that you can walk behind. I'm really starting to dislike Ace.
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
I think you still need a file for tab A to define the basic lower layer, even if it's just a blank dummy invisible image.

As for Tab B to Tab E, they are all upper layer, but understand that you only get to put ONE tile (out of ALL tiles in those tabs) on a single spot. So when you click on a thing from say Tab C and put it on your map, then click on a thing from say Tab E and draw it on the same spot, then you just erased the thing from Tab C.

So first I'd suggest to pick an O tile from tab A and draw a rectangle to cover your whole map just to make sure everything is passable (don't use fill, because there could be a different invisible spot you can't see if you're using a blank tileset). Then make the very first B tile a Star and do the same as above, to ensure nothing in the upper layer is impassable. Then add your Star tile E stuff on the map, and be very careful never to click your map with an invisible X tile.
I see. Thanks for the info. That seems to be the answer I need.
Pages: 1