RPG MAKER VX ACE - APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE

Pages: 1
Hi,

I just got started with the RPG Maker VX Ace, and I have scoured the net for at least a week now and still haven't found an answer to my question.

1. I want to change the font on the Title Screen when you Select, New Game, Continue and Shut Down, how I do I change the font for that/

2. I would like to use the same font throughout the game or a different one if necessary, and if I wanted to do that, how can I do it?

Apologies in Advance, it's been a stressful week with other things and I didn't feel up to looking through every topic. Also, people with an ego complex and/or who are rude and unhelpful acting like the big I am without so much as a shred if humility will be ignored and reported. I really need help with this. Something to cheer me up whilst I'm caring for my elderly grandparents, which is both heartbreaking and rough my friends. I need to sleep. I also need to sleep really bad lol. SOS!

All the very best. :)
I'd suggest downloading Yanfly's Core Fixes script and adding it to your game. You can get it here. (easy to c/p version here ). Open the script editor for your game and find the "Materials" header, select a block under it and hit the insert key to insert a new script block, and c/p the script into that. Then in that script look for:

FONT_NAME = ["VL Gothic", "Verdana", "Arial", "Courier"]

on line 194. That array of names is the name of fonts the game will try to use in that order. If it can't find the VL Gothic font then it'll try Verdana, then Arial, Courier, then just not use a font in that order. You can add a new font by putting it in front of the "VL Gothic" string like so:

FONT_NAME = [ "YOUR_FONT_HERE", "VL Gothic", "Verdana", "Arial", "Courier"]

You can include the font you want to use with your game by adding the *.TFF file to the "fonts" folder in your game. RM Ace only supports true type fonts (*.TFF) files by default.
Pages: 1