[RM2K3] LAG WHEN SCROLLING (OFFICIAL RELEASE)

Pages: 1
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
I'm currently using the official version of RM2K3, and it lags a bit whenever the map scrolls. It's not game breaking, but it's really annoying, and it didn't happen in the pirate version.

I'm not using any heavy events or anything like that, so I have no idea why that could be happening. Any ideas?
What are you playing? I'm going through Lakria Legends and the game is event-heavy on the maps, which tends to bog it down.
Might have to do with your gfx card, try hitting F5 and playing around with GDI or DirectDraw. There might also be your video card control panel with settings that you don't need. This mostly has to do with fullscreen though, so if it's windowed it might be something else. Personally I havent noticed any differences between versions, other than they behave a little differently than I remember on older OSes.
Gretgor
Thank you guys for the replies :)

I'm testing my own projects, and it happens both during test play and when I run the executable. Will try messing around with the F5 configs and return to you guys.

EDIT: can confirm that reducing resolution solved the problem. This shouldn't be necessary, though, as I can play advanced 3D games easily without much lag.
Waxius
"Someday I'll finish my game... someday.."
Gretgor,

Do you have any Autorun events or Parallel processes running on your map.. if they have any "wait" commands.. even for 1ms, might cause a lag since it repeats over and over. I'm just thinking about what else might slow movement down in the game.
Gretgor
Waxius, thanks for the reply

No, the project I was trying RM2K3 out on had nothing of the sort. So, "wait" commands nowadays no longer serve the purpose they served back in the day, where adding 0.0 waits would actually reduce lag instead of increasing it?
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Yeah, they've fixed it in engine some time ago. Nice that you don't need to use it anymore, huh?

Frankly, with all the features and fixes they've put in, they could call it RM2k3+ or RM2k3 Value! and it would be okay.
Pages: 1